• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony Dvd's

Thanks!

I don't actually have any of the Sony DVDs in question, but have one on order with a 22 May release date. The program looks like it might be useful in other ways, though...I'll mess around with it and get back if there are any problems.

WARNING: I am the world's greatest example of Murphy's Law in these matters! :D

I don't actually have any of the Sony DVDs in question, but have one on order with a 22 May release date. The program looks like it might be useful in other ways, though...I'll mess around with it and get back if there are any problems.

WARNING: I am the world's greatest example of Murphy's Law in these matters! :D

If that's the case, then keep it simple. There's no need to touch ANYTHING in VobBlanker unless you're comfortable with it. It really can be as easy as loading the DVD, setting an output folder, and hitting that process button. Once its on the hard drive you can do whatever you want with it...Shrink, Recode, burn it as is...whatever. This is the best freeware solution I've found with AnyDVD.

Along with the defaults, I like to enable these options. I hope it helps people.

clone dvd

you do what you have to do to make a backup copy..Clone DVD works GREAT with AnyDVD ....not a problem with sony's at all...Hail, Hail to CloneDVD & AnyDVD. And a big :bowdown: to all the people from Slysoft , who make our life easier doing what we like to do!

Technically, the problem isn't with either AnyDVD or even DVDShrink; both programs do exactly what they were intended for, and both do it quite well. The fault is entirely with Sony, and their shameless (and of questionable legality, IMO) mutilation of DVD structures. Personally, I hope these titles are bootlegged and copied more than ever; if only to spite Sony.

That said, it would still be incredibly good of Slysoft to provide an update for AnyDVD that would enable it to create DVDShrink-compatible rips without the need for the additional use of FixVTS; if at all possible. Ideally, AnyDVD would make these terribly-mastered DVDs look compatible to DVDShrink on-the-fly, though I doubt that's possible.

I agree on all counts, I blame Sony for the mess - but considering a good part of Slysofts customers bought AnyDVD to use with Shrink - I think they outta make a ripper that cleans up the mess. Shrink users put AnyDVD where it is today.

-W

PS: Ripping with VOBblanker still requires AnyDVD running - so this isn't a third pary software discussion.

Last edited:
PS: Ripping with VOBblanker still requires AnyDVD running - so this isn't a third pary software discussion.

What about the free version of DVDFab Decrypter? I haven't tried it myself, but does anyone know if it can make a clean rip of the latest Sony garbage on its own? I suppose that might be another free alternative for Shrink people.

What about the free version of DVDFab Decrypter? I haven't tried it myself, but does anyone know if it can make a clean rip of the latest Sony garbage on its own? I suppose that might be another free alternative for Shrink people.

Yes it can and does.

Help with Vobblanker, please

OK, here's what I did:

1. Inserted the Disc with AnyDVD running

2. Input file from J:\

3. Made output file VobBlanker on desktop

4. Skip all but main feature in Title Set

5. Keep title of main feature in PGC

6. Process

7. Open Shrink

8. Open the file on the desktop called VobDestination (see above)

9. I get "Failed to open file C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_owner\Desktop\VobDestination\VIDEO_TS.VOB Couldn't find it...

10 What am I doing wrong?

DVD Shrink doesn't need the files to be in a VIDEO_TS folder does it? That might be the problem. If that doesn't work, you can try running FixVTS against the files on your hard drive. Have it process the full disc in place. If that STILL doesn't work, post back here and we'll see what we can do. TBH, I've never had to run FixVTS on a VobBlanker output, so, I'm not sure what's going on there.

I think and say this out of just thought, that dvd shrink users want a one step process, just like it was before sony put all this structure crap on the dvd's.

I think it's nice of them to try to figure this out ( Slysoft ). Although anydvd does as it says so why bother with it? Shrink may have put anydvd where it is now but will be glad when there is only HD media and no copying tool like dvd shrink out there to do this. Don't get me wrong I do rip using clonedvd2 uncompressed then open dvd shrink and run it in deep analysis mode to have better quality, so a need for shrink is there it's just not a good default to use at all times. What I mean by saying this is that a true person that constantly backs up his or her collection as they buy never depends on just one program if so I call that person a fool. Always have a good line of tools in the tool box. You can never go wrong with what will I use today.

What I mean by saying this is that a true person that constantly backs up his or her collection as they buy never depends on just one program if so I call that person a fool.

Woot! I'm a fool! :D

DVD Shrink doesn't need the files to be in a VIDEO_TS folder does it?

No.

SamuriHL said:
TBH, I've never had to run FixVTS on a VobBlanker output, so, I'm not sure what's going on there.

I've never done this. My understanding is the output should be compliant anyway so theoretically FixVTS shouldn't need to do anything. I don't see how it could hurt, however.

Last edited:

I didn't think so but I wasn't sure.

I've never done this. My understanding is the output should be compliant anyway so theoretically FixVTS shouldn't need to do anything. I don't see how it could hurt, however.

I haven't either. I've never had a problem with the VobBlanker output. Something odd happened during his rip but I have no idea what. VobBlanker's been completely and totally stable whenever I use it.

Woot! I'm a fool! :D

We are all fools one way or another. I love my dvd shrink but never rely on it as my #1 app of choice due to these new DVD structures, This is why I bought clondvd2 as well no headaches. :D

What I mean by saying this is that a true person that constantly backs up his or her collection as they buy never depends on just one program if so I call that person a fool.

Another fool here........... I use one tool and it works consistently. No problems at all with any discs.

We are all fools one way or another. I love my dvd shrink but never rely on it as my #1 app of choice due to these new DVD structures, This is why I bought clondvd2 as well no headaches. :D

I was just joking around. I own a lot of applications that I actually haven't used in ages. Hopefully, I'll never have to either.

Yes I saw the sarcasm and know you all to well now days. :D

OK, here's the problem (and a solution):

Apparently, we can't eliminate items by skipping items in the Title Set. We have to blank items in PGC only. I restored the VIDEO_TS.VOB in Title Set and tried again...this time it was missing VTS_01_0.IFO...only #8 was saved at that point, so the problem was marching down the display. Maybe if I renamed the remaining IFO in the missing form it would work...but blanking in PGC is handy enough.

Thanks for the help and patience!

OHHH, I see what you were doing. Yea, blank it, don't skip it. Blanking it is FAR better anyway.

I wasn't joking at all. I have a LOT of softwares but I am only using one now. It has yet to show me any flaws on 3 PC's with different hardwares.

Back