• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Solved]Issue with NF and 1.1.4.3 AS Version

obertc

Greetings. After installing the new AS Version, on both AP and NF I got license issue errors (NF version attached). After logging out, then back in, it cleared up those issues (this is just fyi for those that may have been getting these errors). However, now, when trying to download the file "The Departed" on NF, the status bar stayed at 0% for over 5 minutes. I aborted the download and went to the data directory for my files and there was the the movie file (not complete) that was a little over 45 minutes in length. Sooooo, it had been downloading, but the status bar showed 0%. AP Works fine. Thanks in advance for any input.

OB

Attachments

• anystream netflix error.jpg
    anystream netflix error.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 23
Greetings. After installing the new AS Version, on both AP and NF I got license issue errors (NF version attached). After logging out, then back in, it cleared up those issues (this is just fyi for those that may have been getting these errors). However, now, when trying to download the file "The Departed" on NF, the status bar stayed at 0% for over 5 minutes. I aborted the download and went to the data directory for my files and there was the the movie file (not complete) that was a little over 45 minutes in length. Sooooo, it had been downloading, but the status bar showed 0%. AP Works fine. Thanks in advance for any input.

OB
I also got that one, and it didn't have any issues. Sometimes on a 1080P movie that's long it takes a while to download everything, it might look like its not downloading but it actually is, just a little information from what I have experienced.

@RedFox 1, thanks for the input. Just staring at a 0% completion when over 45 minutes of the movie has been downloaded seems odd and perhaps dare I say a bug in the new version, especially when AP is running fine?

That sounds a little more serious but we haven’t had any other situations like this from other users, so why don’t you leave a log file and maybe the developers will look at it. Thanks for reporting
Have you updated to 1143, Yes I just looked and I saw you have updated, I also noticed you left the log file thank you I am sure the developers will look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro,

@RedFox 1, thanks for the input. Just staring at a 0% completion when over 45 minutes of the movie has been downloaded seems odd and perhaps dare I say a bug in the new version, especially when AP is running fine?

Why don’t you wait a little while and reboot and try that movie again sometimes when a lot of people are trying to download the same movie Netflix slows down. It can’t hurt to try. Just wait an hour and try it Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@RedFox 1: So, I decided to try and re-download the movie (before I saw your post above), and it took about the normal 25-30 minutes to D/L that size/audio (1920/1080, 640 audio). At no time did the status bar move beyond 0%. I've reposted the new log (that was completed after the successful D/L) and screenshot. Luckily, for me, I don't D/L from NF that often. I get most my content from either AP or from UseNet. Thanks...

OB

Attachments

• anystream netflix error1.jpg
    anystream netflix error1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 11
@RedFox 1: So, I decided to try and re-download the movie (before I saw your post above), and it took about the normal 25-30 minutes to D/L that size/audio (1920/1080, 640 audio). At no time did the status bar move beyond 0%. I've reposted the new log (that was completed after the successful D/L) and screenshot. Luckily, for me, I don't D/L from NF that often. I get most my content from either AP or from UseNet. Thanks...

OB
Don’t worry my friend we will get this straightened out. Have a good evening

@RedFox 1: No worries, the devs may be a little slow on implementing some things, but fixing problems have always seemed their top priority. No doubt they'll be on this one as well.

Peace

OB

@RedFox 1: No worries, the devs may be a little slow on implementing some things, but fixing problems have always seemed their top priority. No doubt they'll be on this one as well.

Peace

OB
Did you try to restart AnyStream and retry the download? I am not suggesting this to be a workaround, but this may help me identify the cause of the problem.

@Prospere, yes I did. After I got the first license error issue (like I did in AP), I closed AS, logged out of NF, then logged back in, then opened AS. But, in the interest of science :))), I'll go one step further and close everything down, reboot my PC and try again. I'll get back to you. Who knows, maybe like the last issue I had, it may clear one of those stray gremlins that seems to be lurking in Win 10.

OB

@Prospere, for whatever reason, after restarting my PC, AS is now functioning as normal when D/Ling from NF. However, I did complete the D/L, so I could get the new Log, which I have attached. Perhaps there's something in there, when compared to the other log I initially sent that may offer some kind of clue. I know the previous log file was 34.7 MB (when the status bar didn't work) and this new one is only 10.3 MB, while both MP4 files sizes were the same (7.64 GB).

I sure would hate (only inconvenience wise) to have to restart my PC every time there is a new update. Once again, thank you for stepping in, waving your magic wand, and driving my evil gremins from my system.

@RedFox 1, thank you for your time and input as well. I don't know if this constitutes as a "SOLVED" tag, considering the discrepancies in log file size, but will leave that up to your capable hands.

Peace

OB

considering the discrepancies in log file size
Did you download something else the first time before you tried the movie? Because if you did and the second time you only tried the movie then of course the log will be smaller since only the movie is included this time.

@DeepSpace, the first log was after I waited about 5 minutes and the status bar still read 0%. I aborted the download and when AS finished it's post-processing, I had a movie that was 45 minutes long and the log file was ~26 MB. The second download that ultimately was successful created the ~37 MB log file. This was after I closed AS, logged out of NF, then logged back in. Opened AS and downloaded the movie. The third time was this morning after Prospere suggest restarting AS, but I went ahead and rebooted the PC. Opened AS, downloaded the movie, and the status bar worked this time, but produced the log that was only ~10 MB. After each download attempt, I moved the movie file and log from the directory, so there was a "clean" data directory.

I sure would hate (only inconvenience wise) to have to restart my PC every time there is a new update
Just as a general rule of thumb, I'd say these days a reboot hardly ever solves a software issue. Especially with AnyStream, which is a pretty self-contained program, that doesn't rely an external libraries other than its own and doesn't require drivers to be installed.
Sometimes people think a reboot helped solve their issue but more often than not, it was a mere coincidence.

Regarding the log file sizes: they are getting WAY too large, there is some additional debug logging in there that helped resolve a few issues, I think we will reduce the amount logged starting with the next version, as this crazy amount of logging is no longer required.
But one thing to keep in mind: currently, logging accumulates during the entire runtime of AnyStream. So log files get larger and larger. That is also something, that we will have to change soon.
Therefore, ideally exit AnyStream every now and then.

@Prospere, for whatever reason, after restarting my PC, AS is now functioning as normal when D/Ling from NF. However, I did complete the D/L, so I could get the new Log, which I have attached. Perhaps there's something in there, when compared to the other log I initially sent that may offer some kind of clue. I know the previous log file was 34.7 MB (when the status bar didn't work) and this new one is only 10.3 MB, while both MP4 files sizes were the same (7.64 GB).

I sure would hate (only inconvenience wise) to have to restart my PC every time there is a new update. Once again, thank you for stepping in, waving your magic wand, and driving my evil gremins from my system.

@RedFox 1, thank you for your time and input as well. I don't know if this constitutes as a "SOLVED" tag, considering the discrepancies in log file size, but will leave that up to your capable hands.

Peace

OB
As you wish, a solved tag has been initiated]:love:

Back