• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said SPECIFIC time frame. That'd be like saying February 19, not just February. :p
Yeah, like when Balboa discovered that big blue sea and said I name this "The Ocean" and his fellow explorer said "be specific, Balboa" - OK, he says, I name this "The Specific Ocean" :D
February 19, 2010? ;)

No

LOL! I respect answers like this. I give them myself. Like, just the other day- it was so satisfying- I was at a parking lot exiting when I pulled out my phone. I was over to the side so anyone coudl go around me- there was like 50 ft of exit space to my left. Some idiot pulled up behind me and lightly honked. I did nto look up, just put my hand out the window and waved him around. He pulled up next to me and said:

"Can I Make a suggestion?"

I said "No."

He said "I was going to say to put on your hazards"

I said "I don't care"

I was a jerk, but it was satisfying. :)

OK- general time frame? before or after Aliens arrive?

It was said best and people been asking for quite some time so to hear that it will be sometime this year is a good time frame. Although after that was said I knew there would be someone asking for a more specific. Here is the best specific answer.........

It'll be released when it is ready :D

Okay that's my sarcasm for today.

To be fair, you asked if there was a specific time frame. The answer to that truly is no. :) Sometime this year is a decent guess but even that's not guaranteed. As always, Slysoft does not give release estimates for future products. CloneBD is in the same boat. Neither has any kind of firm release schedule. I know it's a bit cliche at this point to say it'll be released when it's done, but, truly that's the situation we face. Slysoft reads this thread. If they cared to comment on the "when" questions, they would. Since they don't, there is no information available to give. Hence, this is still a longer version of "no". :D

You really have to ask yourself the question......

Do I want a bugging program now and read all the complaints or wait for a decent stable Beta release.

You really have to ask yourself the question......

Do I want a bugging program now and read all the complaints or wait for a decent stable Beta release.

Um, I don't think that's the argument you want to make here. With other companies, sure, but, given the state of PDVD and TMT right now, I think I know what the majority would answer. The simple fact is, however, that we have no idea where they are in the development process or what their release plans are. But I suspect the majority would say bring on pre-release software as long as it put a picture on the screen and spit out some kind of audio. That's more than the what the major players do some days. :D

Jesus you don't need to read the whole thread but at least read the last page would you. come on people.

hmm i like slysoft. maybe slyplayer is better as powerdvd 9

SlyPlayer is still in development and will be released when it's done. There is currently no eta on that at all, so, for now, yes we're all stuck with less than ideal players. PowerDVD 9 would be my least favorite. ;)

Wish list for SlyPlayer

- Blu-ray & DVD playback
- PowerDVD9 Ultra True Theater like upscale capability/option settings for DVD playback
- split screen mode to compare current settings with new settings
- TheaterTek like aspect control with custom aspect control including horizontal fixed with vertical stretch and vice versa and the abiity to save these settings.
- Cinema user interface option (large fonts/icons,etc)
- ability to move control playback ribbon to any location on the screen (top/bottom or sides)
- right click SlyPlayer settings/config pop up during playback
- fewer bugs than Cyberlink and don't drop support after 3 or 4 years like TheaterTek. :doh:
- Oh yeah, and be compatible with AnyDVD HD :D

Last edited:
wish list, continuing...

- it would be nice if there is any support for adding plugins/add-ons (using DLLs, or WM_messages, or named memory sections, or anything to acquire at least player state and timeline position) to allow integration with automation/IR-control utilities

So Where In The World Is SlyPlayer? :D

My F-I90HD machine has died miserably yesterday.

My P5E-VM HDMI machine w/Intel chipset cannot play HD material in XP (neither WinDVD nor PDVD).

I have choices:

- Install vista;

- install Windows 7;

- install new VGA card into P5E-VM HDMI machine;

- cope with MPC and filters ad nauseum hoping it will work;

- buy new MB;

- wait for SlyPlayer.

I wonder whether SlyPlayer will be able to deal with Intel stupid video driver for P35/3500 chipset.

Edit: don't see why not. Even Mplayer can play EVOs and m2ts all right.

Last edited:
I'll recommend W7 just because. :) It's truly a great OS IMO.

I know, and I agree, have it installed on my Lenovo S10.

Probably will go that route.

But have to reinstall all the apps etc. and have to cope with PDVD.

As soon as build 7231 arrives it will be installed.

Cannot work forever with the 7 year old OS. Although XP has been good for me, mostly.

P.S. Good to see you Samuri.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back