• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft LTL Discount Question

That's not redfox's fault. Blame the USA, Blame the AACS-LA. You paid slysoft, not redfox. You can always try and get money back from slysoft, but considering giancarlo and the aacs-la shut it down. Good luck with that, doubt the aacs-la will refund you either.
Again, Ch3vr0n. That does not solve the issue for YOUR CLIENTS. Burying one's head in the sand or "passing the buck" is not good customer service. Now, I have been an ardent fan of the software since I started using it but this is a very severe blow to that. I too am a software developer, and I am in charge of development at a company that also took over the reigns from a previous one (I can verify this privately, if you so wish), and I can honestly say that if we had of ripped up all previous agreements with the existing clients, we wouldn't be around today! Customer service is very important, especially when they have a right to be cheesed-off. You must try seeing it from their point of view.

i don't have clients, i don't work for redfox. Nobody likes what happened, including me. But it's not the developers of redfox that are to blame of the shutdown. Developers have no control over financial decisions made by the CEO and third party agencies like the AACS-LA. Everything happened over their head and overnight.

He/She can't and to an extent you're unable to talk about this on the forum without a moderator getting involved.

He/She can't and to an extent you're unable to talk about this on the forum without a moderator getting involved.
That is all according to what you are discussing. To an extent you are correct.

That is all according to what you are discussing. To an extent you are correct.
I did email to ask if we'd be allowed a little bit more freedom to discuss without this problem. I know some people feel very passionate about this. We're all going to have various problems but we always meet the same people that see it from the companies side. They don't really need to do damage control for them, the company seems very secure without that.

Am I buying a lifetime license at the current rate? Hell yes!

Last edited:
i don't have clients, i don't work for redfox. Nobody likes what happened, including me. But it's not the developers of redfox that are to blame of the shutdown. Developers have no control over financial decisions made by the CEO and third party agencies like the AACS-LA. Everything happened over their head and overnight.
I used the term "your," because you are effectively acting as a spokesperson for RedFox. Anyway, I am aware of the issues regarding the CEO/Developers/AACS-LA etc. BUT that still doesn't help the customers who lost money on a recent lifetime license. Again, you need to approach this from the customers point of view. What happened Slysoft is sad but if you want loyalty from their customer base you MUST show loyalty in return. RedFox is already addressing the issue for those who purchased licenses after December 2015, so why not those earlier in the year who also didn't get value for money?

That i can't tell you but they have to draw a line somewhere. They don't have the funds to to major financial discounts. I'm guessing it has something to do with how long they've been able to update anydvd.

I did email to ask if we'd be allowed a little bit more freedom to discuss without this problem. I know some people feel very passionate about this. We're all going to have various problems but we always meet the same people that see it from the companies side. They don't really need to do damage control for them, the company seems very secure without that.

Am I buying a lifetime license at the current rate? Hell yes!
Thank you Homeworld, we appreciate your business and your loyalty. We are open for business.

That i can't tell you but they have to draw a line somewhere. They don't have the funds to to major financial discounts. I'm guessing it has something to do with how long they've been able to update anydvd.
I promise, I'm not "Having a go" at you, Ch3vr0n. And I am aware that you can't tell us everything. I really don't want to come across as some sort of psychopath. It is just that there is a very strong sense of injustice about it all. Even before I purchased my license last year, I emailed and put forward questions and concerns about purchasing an LTL with the AACS on the prowl. I got a very reassuring email back, asserting that the Slysoft is safe... so I bought the lifetime license. And now, less than a year later, my LTL is useless. I wouldn't have been too bothered if I'd just lost a few months on a year's license. It just puts a spoiler on things, that's all.

That's not redfox's fault. Blame the USA, Blame the AACS-LA. You paid slysoft, not redfox. You can always try and get money back from slysoft, but considering giancarlo and the aacs-la shut it down. Good luck with that, doubt the aacs-la will refund you either.

And that is the attitude that seems to get everyone upset. I'll just wash my hands of it and not pay another penny. Fine by me. There are alternatives to using AnyDVD from redfox. I understand they have to do what they have to do and I don't fault them for that. It just doesn't get beyond the sting/bad taste left in the mouth. The feeling that they just don't care. I know they probably do. It just doesn't make it feel any better. That is all I have to say.

If what is posted is it. Then good luck to them in the future. I hope it works out.

dont worry about it celtic :)

test.slime, that is your perogative. Nobody will be forcing you to get a new license :) Perhaps you'll reconsider in the future :)

dont worry about it celtic :)

test.slime, that is your perogative. Nobody will be forcing you to get a new license :) Perhaps you'll reconsider in the future :)

No, I probably wont. Burn me once, shame on you (royal you as in AnyDVD licensing). Burn me twice, shame on me.

And that is the attitude that seems to get everyone upset. I'll just wash my hands of it and not pay another penny. Fine by me. There are alternatives to using AnyDVD from redfox. I understand they have to do what they have to do and I don't fault them for that. It just doesn't get beyond the sting/bad taste left in the mouth. The feeling that they just don't care. I know they probably do. It just doesn't make it feel any better. That is all I have to say.

If what is posted is it. Then good luck to them in the future. I hope it works out.
I think I am going to give it until the end of the month to see if they do try to do something for those of us affected. I won't get my hopes up, but I want to give them a chance because I did like the software and I "want" to be loyal. If the status quo remains and I am left out-of-pocket, then I will probably also reluctantly leave and revert to my previous software (who are currently offering me discounts to come back). Anyway, I will try and chill out a little in the meantime.

There are alternatives to using AnyDVD from redfox.

If you are referring to the "Blue Monkey", they seem to wait for AnyDVD to "crack" a disk - and then they update later.
So without AnyDVD, the "other guys" would not be able to do squat. (just another Chinese tech ripoff)
-W

Screw the old company guys, it's the same dev team. That's what counts. They make the best product at what it does. Sadly this is the nature of our current situation, and the dev team had no part in it. Support the team that is still supporting us, even through losing their own paychecks and all this drama. I'm an old time license holder but new forum user. I thought I'd come on and show my support for such a great product that I've used over the years. I feel I owe it to them.

Last edited:
I wanted to offer something positive for a change besides being in the CloneBD support threads and being a thorn in the moderators side. I wanted a discount for my old lifetime license too.

In perspective my original lifetime license was issued in April 2008. The price with a discount was €63. Note that the new price with the 20% discount is roughly the same. For all of that time AnyDVD HD was frequently updated and supported. I honestly think that was value for money.

In that time I've given Cyberlink (PowerDVD) around €900 and want €50 a year subscription. Aida64 want €40 a year and €180 a year for an engineer license. Torguard wants €90 a year. Think, you'll pay €60ish for a license and you don't have to renew it. I don't really think that's being burned.

Actually scratch that, the price is €87.20 for a lifetime license with 20% discount.

Last edited:
I wanted to offer something positive for a change besides being in the CloneBD support threads and being a thorn in the moderators side. I wanted a discount for my old lifetime license too.

In perspective my original lifetime license was issued in April 2008. The price with a discount was €63. Note that the new price with the 20% discount is roughly the same. For all of that time AnyDVD HD was frequently updated and supported. I honestly think that was value for money.

In that time I've given Cyberlink (PowerDVD) around €900 and want €50 a year subscription. Aida64 want €40 a year and €180 a year for an engineer license. Torguard wants €90 a year. Think, you'll pay €60ish for a license and you don't have to renew it. I don't really think that's being burned.

The burning comes from I just paid the same amount a year ago for a supposed LTL. If I was in your situation, as I've said before, I would be more than happy to pay. I don't want something free. I'm willing to pay. I just can't pay the same amount two years in a row for a LTL. How is that hard to understand? Saying you've had it since 2008 simply tells me your old LTL covered you for upwards of 8 years. You still get a 20% discount. Compared to you, I'm getting ripped off at 14 months of use out of my previous LTL. That is where the burn comes from.

The burning comes from I just paid the same amount a year ago for a supposed LTL. If I was in your situation, as I've said before, I would be more than happy to pay. I don't want something free. I'm willing to pay. I just can't pay the same amount two years in a row for a LTL. How is that hard to understand? Saying you've had it since 2008 simply tells me your old LTL covered you for upwards of 8 years. You still get a 20% discount. Compared to you, I'm getting ripped off at 14 months of use out of my previous LTL. That is where the burn comes from.
I'm with test.slime in the frustration of it all. Reading some of the loyal posts here, I appreciate that a lot of long-time LTL holders are loyal to the product and I agree that it is brilliant. However, if you hadn't gotten at least a couple of years on your LTL, then you are effectively losing money. 10 months ago, had I of bought a 1 year license instead of the LTL, I wouldn't have been too bothered... but to pay for the additional cost of an LTL and not even get a I year's license worth out of it, and no further discount towards another one, it's definitely hard to swallow. Although we are probably only a small proportion of the existing customer base, we should also be catered for so that we too may become long-time, loyal customers. Surely it is better for RedFox for us to be HAPPY to pay something sensible towards a new LTL (like 50%) than for us to feel cheated and leave, which contributes nothing to the cause. I would truly love to be a loyal customer but I have to feel that this loyalty is working BOTH ways.

I must add that I'm a bit disappointed with the transition as well. I've bought my LTL in second half of January 2016. I do understand that it cost extra $$$ to get it back up quick, but perhaps the part that disappoints me is that there is no difference whether you had a 1 year / 2 year or LTL license on the fresh purchase.

Back