Slysoft AnyDVD (HD) 7.6.9.0 on multiple machines

Discussion in 'Purchase and License Keys' started by Daedalus, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

a new version blacklists keys, when the internal database gets updated

mike20021969 likes this.
  2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Confirming what I said in post #9. Thanks.

3. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

I assume from what I have read that the Redfox team are happy for me to treat the SlySoft version of AnyDVD HD as freeware and that I can safely install it using a single key on my all my own, friends and family machines without any monitoring of the use of my key. Can I assume that you, Ch3vr0n, speak on behalf of Redfox when you suggest that I can safely "go nuts" with the dead SlySoft product?

Obviously, if I do ever feel the need to upgrade to the Redfox version of the software I will keep that key to myself, not give it away to friends and family, and run it on only one machine at a time.

Thanks to all who have replied, you have put my mind at rest.

4. Ch3vr0n

As my signature states, I don't speak/work for RedFox. However, you got your license from slysoft and they're the only ones that could possibly have a right to blacklist the key. Since they're dead, that's unlikely to happen. The slysoft database is offline just like they are.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  5. Yaris

Yaris Well-Known Member

Perhaps you may have missed it. No Redfox team member has commented on your questions.
    The 2 moderators on here are freely speaking their opinions as anyone else who is not affiliated with the product.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  6. cholla

cholla Active Member

I don't feel this has been answered with a good answer .
    I'm using AnyDVD HD version 7.6.8.0 the last fully written slysoft version.
    1. Why should I have to uncheck ""Automatically check for new AnyDVD Version" to prevent being offered a redfox written version of AnyDVD HD ?

As above why doesn't the slysoft version of AnyDVD HD I have just try to connect with the offline slysoft database & get a "Can not connect or not found message" ?

Why is there a redirect ? I assume a redirect put in place by redfox .

What right does redfox have to put a redirect on the old slysoft web address ?

Most slysoft LTL holders know about redfox & how to contact them if they want to purchase AnyDVD HD from redfox.
    I shouldn't need to uncheck anything to prevent a slysoft product from contacting redfox.

Of course I do keep this setting unchecked as I don't want to be bothered .
    The point is I shouldn't have to be bothered with what actually amounts to an advertisement from redfox.

7. Ch3vr0n

Because there is no offline database like the online database. The local database you're referring to only gets used by anydvd if you reinsert a disc you've previously inserted.

What redirect, the slysoft domain doesn't redirect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk