• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft AnyDVD (HD) 7.6.9.0 on multiple machines

Just did a quick DNS test with v7.4.8.0 (June 2014) on clean Windows 10. These are the results on opening:

View attachment 32698

What program did you use to find those two ?

My Netstatagent found some others but not those.

I added the ones you found to my hosts file & my AV site block list .

This is what I have added to this area of my hosts file:
127.0.0.1 lw.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 www.lw.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 nl.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 www.nl.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 update.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 www.update.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 update.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 www.update.redfox.bz

Some people prefer 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1 .

Whatever your stance/view on it is, if RedFox do still control/own the old Slysoft domain they have the right to do whatever they choose with it and that's not going to change.

As you already know, it's very easy just to disable the automatic update in AnyDVD, so like it or not that's the best solution you are going to get.
You are probably correct about this being the best solution I will get from redfox anyway.
The hosts file put a stop to the message whether Auto Update is checked or not .
As well as any connection showing in Netstatagent .

If redfox owns the old slysoft domain they can get by with a redirect .
They can't however do whatever they choose . Let them try to hack the FBI or CIA through that domain & see if they can do whatever they choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfox doesn't own the slysoft domain, just pull up the whole details and you'll see the owner as well as how long it's been paid for up front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

What program did you use to find those two ?

My Netstatagent found some others but not those.

127.0.0.1 lw.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 www.lw.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 nl.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 www.nl.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 update.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 www.update.slysoft.com
127.0.0.1 update.redfox.bz
127.0.0.1 www.update.redfox.bz

Some people prefer 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1 .

You are probably correct about this being the best solution I will get from redfox anyway.
The hosts file put a stop to the message whether Auto Update is checked or not .
As well as any connection showing in Netstatagent .

If redfox owns the old slysoft domain they can get by with a redirect .
They can't however do whatever they choose . Let them try to hack the FBI or CIA through that domain & see if they can do whatever they choose.
This is Redfox, and its a help forum and you cant just come here and cause issues, you sound like a troll when you talk about the FBI, use your host file and be happy, try and help someone on the forum but you are extremely annoying with your silly complaints every time you come here. It will not be for long if it continues.

What program did you use to find those two? My Netstatagent found some others but not those.

DNSQuerySniffer. I only ran quickly on first install of AnyDVD.

The hosts file put a stop to the message whether Auto Update is checked or not.

That should be a good alternative solution and reference for you and any others who want to make sure their Slysoft version stays offline, though I think unchecking update/OPD options is just as easy :)

DNSQuerySniffer. I only ran quickly on first install of AnyDVD.

Thanks . I downloaded & ran DNSQuerySniffer .
With the hosts file additions I made no contact to slysoft or redfox occurs when opening AnyDVD HD(version 8.6.8.0 the last slysoft only coded version) .
The only one I have installed & tested with . I assume it would be the same for older versions.

I have no plans to install one of the redfox coded but slysoft key using versions.
Someone with one of those can test those if they want to.

This should make sure there is no contact with anything slysoft may still have in place.
That way it is unlikely an AnyDVD HD key sold by slysoft will be blacklisted.
Meaning no contact: How would slysoft know.

That should be a good alternative solution and reference for you and any others who want to make sure their Slysoft version stays offline, though I think unchecking update/OPD options is just as easy :)
The difference is the hosts file additions stops any contact. Where using the update sites might not.
In some of my looking up DNS information . The www additions may not be necessary but won't cause any harm.

Redfox doesn't own the slysoft domain, just pull up the whole details and you'll see the owner as well as how long it's been paid for up front.

Is this the information you suggested I "pull up" ?
So I assume in 4 years when the address expires any contact or redirect will stop.

Registrant Org Giancarlo Bettini is associated with ~7 other domains
Registrar GANDI SAS
Registrar Status clientTransferProhibited
Dates Created on 2003-05-12 - Expires on 2021-05-12 - Updated on 2016-11-04
Name Server(s) H5.SLYSOFT.COM (has 6 domains)
LW.SLYSOFT.COM (has 6 domains)
IP Address 95.211.9.142 - 8 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location Netherlands - Noord-holland - Amsterdam - Leaseweb Netherlands B.v.
ASN Netherlands AS60781 LEASEWEB-NL Netherlands, NL (registered May 13, 2013)
Whois History 1,351 records have been archived since 2003-05-27
IP History 49 changes on 11 unique IP addresses over 12 years
Registrar History 2 registrars
Hosting History 5 changes on 4 unique name servers over 14 years Hosting History
Whois Server whois.gandi.net
Website
Website Title closed :-(
Server Type nginx
Response Code 200
SEO Score 65%
Terms 30 (Unique: 26, Linked: 0)
Images 0 (Alt tags missing: 0)
Links 0 (Internal: 0, Outbound: 0)
Whois Record ( last updated on 2017-02-24 )
Domain Name: slysoft.com
Registry Domain ID: 97795621_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.gandi.net
Registrar URL: http://www.gandi.net
Updated Date: 2016-11-04T16:51:40Z
Creation Date: 2003-05-12T11:20:36Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-05-12T15:20:36Z
Registrar: GANDI SAS

IP Address of Slysoft is 95.211.9.142
Hostname: update.slysoft.com City: -
IP Address: 95.211.9.142 Country: Netherlands Z
Host of this IP: lw.slysoft.com State: -
Organization: LeaseWeb Netherlands B.V. Timezone: Europe/Amsterdam
ISP/Hosting: LeaseWeb Netherlands B.V. Local Time: 02/24/2017 04:33 PM
Updated: 02/22/2017 02:37 AM

IP Address of Redfox is 93.190.142.127
Hostname: update.redfox.bz City: -
IP Address: 93.190.142.127 Country: Netherlands 2
Host of this IP: nl.redfox.bz State: -
Organization: WorldStream B.V. Timezone: Europe/Amsterdam
ISP/Hosting: WorldStream B.V Local Time: 02/24/2017 04:36 PM
Updated: 02/22/2017 02:07 PM

That's the whois info yes. As you can see the domain expires in 2021, now with slysoft being dead and the CEO (like the movie) 'gone with the wind' it's unlikely it would get renewed/extended. On that day, at midnight usually the domain would naturally to offline and go into quarantine. Quarantine is an option domain registrars use to allow domain owners to revive the domain before it officially goes back on the market. That timeframe can vary between registrars but usually lasts 3 months. Note: during that window the domain IS OFFLINE, it only gives the OWNER the chance to get it back online. Same thing, with slysoft being dead, that's unlikely to happen. After the expiration any redirect relying would stop working too.

After that window the domain goes back on the market where anyone can register it. Technically if someone would register your slysoft anydvd could potentially 'find' it again. Though then it would likely not let your anydvd know there's a new version because the hosting would not host a file, the IP would be different, the first redirect wouldn't exist anymore...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back