• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft AnyDVD (HD) 7.6.9.0 on multiple machines

Daedalus

I have a copy of the now defunct Slysoft product. I assume that as the company no longer exists I can put my copy of the software on as many machines as I wish without my license being revoked. I ask because my copy of the Slysoft product still suggests upgrading to the Redfox version 8 product. This means that it is for some reason still in contact with the servers of Redfox. I have no idea why the old software is in contact with the new company at all. I just want to be sure that Redfox are not going to invalidate my license that belongs to another now non-existent company. Could someone from inside Redfox please confirm that I can run as many copies of the defunct Slysoft 7.6.9.0 product as I wish on as many machines as I wish without the Redfox servers blocking the license. I can see no reason why Redfox, as a completely new and separate company would do this, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a copy of the now defunct Slysoft product. I assume that as the company no longer exists I can put my copy of the software on as many machines as I wish without my license being revoked. I ask because my copy of the Slysoft product still suggests upgrading to the Redfox version 8 product. This means that it is for some reason still in contact with the servers of Redfox. I have no idea why the old software is in contact with the new company at all. I just want to be sure that Redfox are not going to invalidate my license that belongs to another now non-existent company. Could someone from inside Redfox please confirm that I can run as many copies of the defunct Slysoft 7.6.9.0 product as I wish on as many machines as I wish without the Redfox servers blocking the license. I can see no reason why Redfox, as a completely new and separate company would do this, but I just want to be sure.
Thanks
No one is stopping you from doing what your doing since the license is with Slysoft up to 7.6.9.5 but any dvd or bd after 2015 will not have online access to work to decrypt properly and that is when you will get into trouble. You will be blocked from RedFox servers -Slysoft is dead and gone there is no Slysoft servers anymore. And should you want it on more computers then you need to buy more RedFox license should you go to v8 to use on multiple computers. But should your license go into the wild RedFox will blacklist it.

No one is stopping you from doing what your doing since the license is with Slysoft up to 7.6.9.5 but any dvd or bd after 2015 will not have online access to work to decrypt properly and that is when you will get into trouble. You will be blocked from RedFox servers -Slysoft is dead and gone there is no Slysoft servers anymore. And should you want it on more computers then you need to buy more RedFox license should you go to v8 to use on multiple computers. But should your license go into the wild RedFox will blacklist it.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the limitations of the Slysoft product for DVD and Blu-Ray releases post 2014/15, but I have no interest in going beyond version 7.6.9.0. I have no need for the RedFox product and if I ever did I would buy a copy. I have not yet installed the Slysoft software on more than one machine at a time. I see no reason why RedFox would blacklist a Slysoft product however I use it. I have no intention of releasing the serial number of the product to anyone, but even if someone did, I cannot see why RedFox (another company by their own admission) would blacklist a license key belonging to the now defunct Slysoft company. However, I simply wish to confirm with a RedFox employee that I can run as many copies of the SlySoft 7.6.9.0 software, using the one license key, as I wish without the fear that a RedFox server will blacklist/block my license key. A clear separation has been stated again and again between SlySoft and RedFox entities. I simply wish to confirm that this is the case in terms of using Slysoft software.

Last edited:
There's no reason why Redfox would blacklist it as it has no connection to the Redfox server. The older Slysoft versions only had access to the Slysoft servers which have been shutdown since May of 2016, so if you try to decrypt any Blu-rays that need the online protection database then they won't work as that server is no longer available.

There's no reason why Redfox would blacklist it as it has no connection to the Redfox server. The older Slysoft versions only had access to the Slysoft servers which have been shutdown since May of 2016, so if you try to decrypt any Blu-rays that need the online protection database then they won't work as that server is no longer available.

I am not convinced that there is no connection. If there is no connection between the SlySoft product and Redfox, how does the SlySoft product manage to recommend upgrading to the alternative RedFox product. I genuinely have no idea why the SlySoft product has any access to information about the RedFox product. It is my concern that the separation between the products is not totally complete . Hence, my wish someone from RedFox itself to confirm, as you suggest, that this contact does not extend to license key information. This is my only concern and my only question. I have no concerns about the limitations imposed by the SlySoft Product. Thanks.

The connection between the two that you are referring to is from the "Check For New Version" tick box being selected. That is ALL. Untick the box and that will go away. The only reason why it is that way is to inform users that there's a newer version available. Should they want to upgrade to a new version.
As far as your question about the multiple installation of AnyDVDHD using a single License.
Slysoft had always been extremely lenient about this. In that you could install and register it on multiple pc's so long as no more than the number of license's owned was not active at once. Meaning that if you only have ONE License then only ONE installation of could be running. However with Slysoft being closed permanently that is no longer relevant to you.
Now,
RedFox has continued this lenient policy for now. But if it is abused expect to have your license blacklisted.
Also it is highly recommended to purchase a license for each machine you intend to regularly use it on. As that is where the R&D and upkeep funding comes from. And would prevent any future issue's with that. Do to forgetting that it was running on another machine.
Hopefully that helps answers your questions. And any questions other users may have had.

The connection between the two that you are referring to is from the "Check For New Version" tick box being selected. That is ALL. Untick the box and that will go away. The only reason why it is that way is to inform users that there's a newer version available. Should they want to upgrade to a new version.
As far as your question about the multiple installation of AnyDVDHD using a single License.
Slysoft had always been extremely lenient about this. In that you could install and register it on multiple pc's so long as no more than the number of license's owned was not active at once. Meaning that if you only have ONE License then only ONE installation of could be running. However with Slysoft being closed permanently that is no longer relevant to you.
Now,
RedFox has continued this lenient policy for now. But if it is abused expect to have your license blacklisted.
Also it is highly recommended to purchase a license for each machine you intend to regularly use it on. As that is where the R&D and upkeep funding comes from. And would prevent any future issue's with that. Do to forgetting that it was running on another machine.
Hopefully that helps answers your questions. And any questions other users may have had.

I appreciate that If I had a RedFox license and ran that on more than one machine at a time this would result in blacklisting. I would be breaking an agreement I made with RedFox. However my agreement was with SlySoft which no longer exists as a company. The very fact that the SlySoft product can, whether or not you chose to tick a box to not show it, contact a RedFox server in any way whatsoever raises a concern in my mind. I simply wish to be certain beforehand that RedFox does not blacklist the SlySoft product key no matter how many copies one runs, no matter how much one violates the Slysoft terms and conditions. I want to be sure that, as many on this forum have expressed over the past year, that there is absolutely no connection between the two companies. If RedFox blocks a SlySoft key for any reason whatsoever, it would, in my mind, suggest a remaining link between the two companies. I have no wish to break any terms and conditions with RedFox; I have not bought a RedFox product. At the moment I have no need to do so. I assume that with the demise of SlySoft all their terms and conditions are null and void; there is no existing agreement with anyone including RedFox. I simply need someone from RedFox to confirm that this is the case and that RedFox will in no way block me when/if I uses the same key one several machines at the same time. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am not convinced that there is no connection.
Me neither. You risk having your license revoked forever.
James is too smart to let his hard work end up as freeware even if it can only decrypt DVDs.

The blacklisting of a license key, as far as I'm aware, only happens when an updated version of the software is installed EDIT: (i.e. your key continues to work UNTIL you update).
Therefore you cannot blacklist a key that works up to a particular version.

Last edited:
I appreciate that If I had a RedFox license and ran that on more than one machine at a time this would result in blacklisting. I would be breaking an agreement I made with RedFox. However my agreement was with SlySoft which no longer exists as a company. The very fact that the SlySoft product can, whether or not you chose to tick a box to not show it, contact a RedFox server in any way whatsoever raises a concern in my mind. I simply wish to be certain beforehand that RedFox does not blacklist the SlySoft product key no matter how many copies one runs, no matter how much one violates the Slysoft terms and conditions. I want to be sure that, as many on this forum have expressed over the past year, that there is absolutely no connection between the two companies. If RedFox blocks a SlySoft key for any reason whatsoever, it would, in my mind, suggest a remaining link between the two companies. I have no wish to break any terms and conditions with RedFox; I have not bought a RedFox product. At the moment I have no need to do so. I assume that with the demise of SlySoft all their terms and conditions are null and void; there is no existing agreement with anyone including RedFox. I simply need someone from RedFox to confirm that this is the case and that RedFox will in no way block me when/if I uses the same key one several machines at the same time. Thanks.
RedFox is not a company , it is a Closed Source Project.

The blacklisting of a license key, as far as I'm aware, only happens when an updated version of the software is installed.
Therefore you cannot blacklist a key that works up to a particular version.
Blacklisting a keyfile exists when it it being used on more than one machine at the same time.

Blacklisting a keyfile exists when it it being used on more than one machine at the same time.

Ok, it is a closed source project rather than a company. But my agreement was with the entity called Slysoft, not RedFox. You take no responsibility of the license agreement with SlySoft lifetime users, but seem to be suggesting that RedFox will blacklist a lifetime license key for a SlySoft product used on multiple machines. This would seem to suggest to me, contrary to everything that has been said for the past year by moderators on this forum(i.e. that SlySoft is dead and RedFox is not responsible for upholding Slysoft agreements), that there remains a link between the two entities SlySoft and RedFox. RedFox should only block SlySoft licenses for improper use if they take responsibility for the license terms and conditions of Slysoft. Redfox should not have it both ways.

I am not convinced that there is no connection. If there is no connection between the SlySoft product and Redfox, how does the SlySoft product manage to recommend upgrading to the alternative RedFox product.

If I remember correctly RedFox never lost the Slysoft domain and still control it (it wasn't seized or anything)
My guess is they just put a redirect on the old Slysoft update url so it just goes to their new update url, that's why 7.6.9.0 still warns you of a RedFox product update. Nothing sinister.

If RedFox blocks a SlySoft key for any reason whatsoever, it would, in my mind, suggest a remaining link between the two companies.

Even if you are right and RedFox did block/blacklist your Slysoft key, it wouldn't matter anyway since you don't have online database access to start with.

I imagine @James is too busy working on RedFox and has better things to think/care about than if Slysoft terms of service are being violated.

I did not suggest anything, I just told the reason that would have blacklisted a license. You assume way too much. I am done with your conversation , this is the RedFox forum.

Redfox will do no such thing. The only one that would, would be slysoft and they're dead. On top of that you always were able to install of on multiple machines, provided only 1 had anydvd active at a time. Now that slysoft is dead, 'go nuts'. And disable the version check setting and you won't get prompted anymore either to update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Redfox will do no such thing. The only one that would, would be slysoft and they're dead. On top of that you always were able to install of on multiple machines, provided only 1 had anydvd active at a time. Now that slysoft is dead, 'go nuts'. And disable the version check setting and you won't get prompted anymore either to update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Except for the "Go Nuts" statement. Exactly my point as well. In post #6.
And honestly since I previously owned multiple licenses for Slysoft AnyDVDHD before the closure. That I honestly have no use for anymore now. I gave one of them (AnyDVDHD license) to a friend who only does a DVD occasionally from time to time to start using and get familiarized with . Along with an old Slysoft key to CloneDVD since I got a new one in a bundle when I purchased CloneBD anyway. Back when Elby was running a discount along with RedFox's around the time the RedFox Team launched the store. Which made the pricing the same as buying CBD separately at regular price that was already budgeted in. Done this In an effort to get them to support RedFox Team and Elby hopefully in the future when they start doing it more do to the simplicity of these great programs. They had only used some freeware like the "predecessor" of Imgburn and shrink.
So I've actually done some covert marketing. Because once you figure out it is much simpler to use these great programs you don't want to use anything else again.

PS
And to be honest since the launch of the RedFox store I have purchased a license for every product they now offer. Even though it was not nessecery for me to. As my original keys still worked. I just wanted to do my part in helping to support development costs and upkeep funding. For this great team.
And I know that there are several more users that have done this also.

I did not suggest anything, I just told the reason that would have blacklisted a license. You assume way too much. I am done with your conversation , this is the RedFox forum.
Sorry if I went made an unwarranted assumption. I just want to be sure that I can run the SlysSoft software on several machine simultaneously without being blocked. To put my query into context, I once mistakenly used a piece of software on two machines simultaneously for which I had a single user license and as soon as I went on-line the software called home and blocked my key and somehow permanently disabled the software on both machines. Given that I know that the SlySoft product somehow can call a RedFox server in some capacity, I simply want to be sure this won't happen with the SlySoft product; I have no idea how it would react to running the key simultaneously on several machines. My assumption is that it is OK to do this given that SlySoft and my agreement with them is dead. I just wanted someone from RedFox to confirm that this is the case.

AnyDVD does NOT call home for registration verification. You feed it the registration file, anydvd itself checks if it's valid and if so, applies it. No more, no less. As i said, the only ones that could have blacklisted the key (in a new anydvd version) for using on too much pc's would have been Slysoft, and their dead. RedFox will do no such thing

Yes.
But I was under the impression that the key only stopped working when an update was installed (i.e. the updated version "knew" which key was being used on multiple computers, and therefore revoked the key).

@Daedalus

For such a simple and straightforward question, you would think someone from "the project," could give you a simple yes or no answer. Instead almost every post responding to you reads like supposition, speculation, and obfuscation. The hypothesis put forward that a valid lifetime license from slysoft, should make all versions of Slysoft software freeware. Should be very valid, unless a database of old Slysoft keys are being monitored and the keys can still be blacklisted.

Which then brings up the question? Is blacklisting purely something that happens after an upgrade to a newer version or is there a simple ping a server when online that asks for validation of the key. If the key is blacklisted it disables the software for off and online use. If it is the former then at least Slysoft versions 7.6.9.0 and less are freeware with a valid key. If it is the latter, then Katie bar the door.

Back