• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slyce (i.e. "CloneBD")

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're stating opinions. Not a problem, but, they aren't facts.

RE - Is CloneBD worthwile

Well - I am also a long-time supporter of Slysoft and am indeed patiently waiting for this product. Yes, you can buy a used BD Movie online. But many of us do not use the physical disk to play the movie. I need to put the movies on my NAS for streaming to my network box. And I sometimes need to choose specific playlists to make it work right. In addition, remastering allows me to keep the file sizes down.

I can do this using AnyDVD in combination with the other solutions out there but that is clunky and slow.

So I will buy the BD version from Slysoft when it comes out. They have proven they write great programs and support them. :clap:

And to dot the "i"s

1. "CloneBD" is indeed coming very soon. To all the sceptics: I've seen it running and it's a matter of months now in spite of evil methods threatened by the studios. And up to now, what is there that now is preventing a back-up that stops us for very long?

2. We will introduce the product to address the need for a one-vendor solution for backing-up needs. And yes Virginia, regardless of streaming and flea markets for used copies, people will still want to process their discs.

3. Where does it say the only way to back up a BD is 50GB or nothing? AFAIK many are happy to make their BDs fit to 25GB and are happy with it.

4. The next generation clone product will most likely not simply stop at blu-ray processing and I see nothing at the moment that is threatening CloneDVD's use. It is a very stable legacy product and meets DVDs needs very well, thank you.

5. And of course, the next "clone" product will also address cinavia as plan-of-record. That's been stated often enough on the Forum.

What about a DLNA server with on the fly streaming? That would be sweet.

Thanks for the info Frank. It's appreciated. I really did suspect as much though.
There was a news posting on afterdawn not long ago, that said keep a watch on Anydvd's download page. I had a feeling what it meant ;)

Good info Frank, thanks for sharing.

Too bad that won't stop the naysayers from basically calling you a liar by saying CloneBD (or whatever it is called) will never be released.

What about a DLNA server with on the fly streaming? That would be sweet.

That would belong in a product like SlyPlayer rather than CloneBD, of course. Or, even a standalone program of its own. Regardless, yes, this is an interesting question. I, personally, have not found a single DLNA product for Windows that best deals with all my streaming needs and actually gave up on it for the time being.

Well, that's debatable. Competing products do have servers built in. I don't know if it's DLNA or not, but, it'll stream a blu-ray. And it's a ripping/repackaging product. I'm not saying it definitely belongs in CloneBD, but, there is a precedent set for similar products to contain a server. If it does transcoding like CloneDVD Mobile, one could argue it'd be nice for it to stream them to, let's say, a tablet or a phone. I do agree, though, that traditionally this has been done in player software. If SlyPlayer is still on the table, I'd have no issue with it being there.

I know, that's why I asked. Sadly it didn't actually work for me. I could stream to the same machine, but the server wasn't visible on the network. My forum posting went without a single reply. Hopefully Peer and James will see thank this feature could have merit.

1. "CloneBD" is indeed coming very soon. To all the sceptics: I've seen it running and it's a matter of months now in spite of evil methods threatened by the studios. And up to now, what is there that now is preventing a back-up that stops us for very long?

Frank,
what are these evil methods you talk about, is it just the new protection from the studios??
Thanks

Nothing direct..

What I meant was to debunk the comment someone made earlier that our releasing a clone product for BluRays is pointless and useless because of special file systems the studios will use and other stuff the studios are doing/will do ... (yawn) .... That got us shaking in our boots.....:D

What I meant was to debunk the comment someone made earlier that our releasing a clone product for BluRays is pointless and useless because of special file systems the studios will use and other stuff the studios are doing/will do ... (yawn) .... That got us shaking in our boots.....:D

I see, thanks8)

To be fair I wasn't attempting to frighten anyone with my comments. It just seems odd to me that after all these years CloneBD is still unavailable due to the advanced DRM protection in Blu-Ray discs. Isn't it realistic to admit this software might have more problems functioning than CloneDVD because of the piles of new copy protection encoded into Blu-Ray discs & with studious developing even more advanced DRM? From what I understand Cinavia is already considered out-dated by the evil software enginers who designed it. They've mentioned this on several websites quite openly. My point is, once Cinavia is cracked & new DRM supersedes it, who's to say it won't take another five years to break? Seems like a fair point to mention, considering CloneBD has yet to be seen because existing DRM is holding it in check quite comfortably.

Other than Cinavia, which isn't holding anything back, CloneBD won't be dealing with DRM. AnyDVD HD does that. CloneBD will remove Cinavia because Cinavia will require processing which can't be done in real-time (ala AnyDVD HD). So no, DRM is NOT the cause of any delays other than perhaps that they have to work on AnyDVD HD every time the moronic studios update things like BD+.

Right, that's what I mean. With all these updated DRM codes will CloneBD be able to keep up once it's released? :confused:

Maybe I read SamuriHL's post wrong, but I'm sure he said AnyDVD HD handles that side of things not CloneBD(to be confirmed) CloneBD will remove Cinavia once they crack it as it can't be done on the fly. Apart from authoring issues I suspect CloneBD won't need that much work doing on it once it's released apart from small tweaks to make it work with unusually authored discs.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I said. Other than cinavia, clonebd will rely on anydvd HD to remove protection. The only reason cinavia has to be handled in clonebd is because the disc will have to be remastered in order to remove it. So how someone can keep drawing the same wrong conclusion that drm is what is delaying the release is beyond me...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back