• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slyce (i.e. "CloneBD")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 'CloneBD' going to be the 'new' Clown_BD?

I ask this because I m looking for a solution that is not found yet (I think) by anyone or any software.

What I want to be able to do is add subtitles to a 3D Blu-Ray .iso. I ve read somewhere that there are possibilities to re-encode the 3D .iso to a .mkv or .m2ts with a possibility to add subtitles. However, I looking for a remux option so the video from the original 3D .iso is not altered in any way and that the end result is a 3D .iso.

Is there a change 'CloneBD' will be able to do this?

I ask this because I m looking for a solution that is not found yet (I think) by anyone or any software.

What I want to be able to do is add subtitles to a 3D Blu-Ray .iso. I ve read somewhere that there are possibilities to re-encode the 3D .iso to a .mkv or .m2ts with a possibility to add subtitles. However, I looking for a remux option so the video from the original 3D .iso is not altered in any way and that the end result is a 3D .iso.

Only the developers and the alpha/beta-testers (if any) know what the capabilities of the new Slysoft product will be when it is officially released.

I ve read in this thread somewhere that BD Rebuilder has everything needed but the point I stated (remux 3D .iso and maybe also a possibility to add subtitles) is where CloneBD can make a difference.

I ve read in this thread somewhere that BD Rebuilder has everything needed but the point I stated (remux 3D .iso and maybe also a possibility to add subtitles) is where CloneBD can make a difference.

Then you've read wrong. The only thing BD-Rebuilder does that makes it "support" a 3D disc is that it simply ignores the 3D stream (SSIF folder). It rebuilds and recodes the rest of the disc just fine but you'll end up with a 2D only disc, though the menu will still list 3D. The 3D option will just not work and as i've encountered, result in disc playback behing halted.

thxz for your reply.

No speculations if CloneBD will have this feature?

thxz for your reply.

No speculations if CloneBD will have this feature?

The only thing we know for sure is that the name of the product when it is release is that it will NOT be called CloneBD. Until it is actually released to the public for purchase only the developers and the Alpha/Beta testers know what it will be able to do.

I am a new subscriber to the Slysoft family of products. I appreciate the need to get off the backs of people developing the Blu-ray eqivalent of Clone DVD. Is it possible for someone senior to advise if the product being developed will process all DVDs or be confined to Blu-ray/HD only? I ask because I took out a 2 year subscription for Clone DVD in preference to a lifetime subscription because I was under the impression that the Blu-ray eqivalent would be available soon.

Afaik it will be for blu-rays only, just like cloneDVD is/will remain for dvd's only.

If "The Product Formerly Known As CloneBD" won't handle DVDs, then what product will remove Cinavia from DVDs? Since Elby still officially makes CloneDVD, it's unlikely to be that product (unless SlySoft buys out the rest of Elby); but the DVD/BD support in CloneCD (which SlySoft owns) isn't designed for remastering, as are CloneDVD and won't-be-CloneBD. (And yes, there will be a need for Cinavia removal from DVDs, if only so copies from DVD sources can be played in PS3s and other Cinavia-infected BD players.)

google translate

I need to buy a software to create my backups of my bluray.
¿What is developing BD Clone Slysoft?

I do not want a full copy of my Bluray. I'm satisfied with the film and some languages ​​and subtitles.
Does this BD Clone you can make?

or I look for another software Slysoft outside.

SlySoft is currently developing a product to remaster blu-rays the way you've described. There is no release date as of yet. However, there are freeware products that can do what you want in combination with AnyDVD HD. Look for ClownBD on this forum. Another one you may want to look at is BD Rebuilder which can be found on the doom9 forum. Both are free and should do what you want until SlySoft's product is released.

I love SlySoft products & have used them for years. I will continue to support the company & any software they develop. However, in this instance, it seems they can't keep up with the recent advancements in copy protection. From a realistic perspective it seems almost pointless to continue attempting to develop this software given the rumors regarding even more advanced file systems & DRM for upcoming Blu-Ray media.

Not to mention the number of obvious other reasons:

- The hassle & time consuming process of ripping 25 to 50 gigabytes of content from one disc to another.
- The cost of each blank Blu-Ray disc compared to just purchasing a used copy of the title online.
- Hard media is fading from the scene in favor of streaming & downloads.
- Most consumers will just download whatever film they're searching for with torrents anyway.

AnyDVD is a brilliant, well-developed & evolving software program that has helped many consumers throughout the years. It aids consumers in producing mobile copies of their purchased titles. It just seems, at least to me, CloneBD (or whatever it's official name will be) is unnecessary. Maybe a few years back this software would've been brilliant. Today, not so much. Do consumers really need to transfer 50 gigabytes of content from one disc to another? It just seems redundant, not to mention this software doesn't even seem to exist anyway.

With no release date in sight I've come to the sad conclusion this program will never be ready in time to be useful. In today's ever-evolving world of technology CloneBD has been subdued into nonexistence by advanced DRM protection & complex file systems. If the program ever sees the light of day, would it even matter? Would it be able to keep up with all the security advancements? Do people really want to go through the time-consuming inconvenience of ripping huge amounts of data when there's a used copy for two dollars online? I know I don't.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that because something is hard to do and takes time to develop or crack then people should just give up and forget about it? I'm glad the people at Slysoft don't have such a defeatist attitude

Apparently you didn't understand a word I wrote. Please respond with intelligent answers, not childish retorts.

Do not turn this thread into a personal flamewar. Re-read the rules of this forum as you agreed to them when you signed up. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back