• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slyce (i.e. "CloneBD")

Status
Not open for further replies.

termites_2008

EDITED by SamuriHL

Here's what we know as of March 2012:

James said:
Just to summarize:

1.) Yes, we're late. CloneBD should be out Christmas 2011, February 2012, ... but it still isn't ready for prime time.

2.) No, CloneBD will not remove Cinavia when first released.

3.) Yes, we plan to add Cinavia removal in CloneBD at a later time.

EDIT:
4) And to all the clever people who grabbed the domain names "CloneBD dot something": It won't be called CloneBD.

Original Post:
termites_2008 said:
Still waiting for CloneBD.....

Any ETA? :)

Sorry, I took over your post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good things take time

CloneBD is going to need the time it needs to get it right the first time and we want this thing to be solution everyone is waiting for. I've seen the first pieces of this and it's going to be really pretty. Just give the boys time.
The Sistine Chapel also needed a measure of patience. ;)

CloneBD is going to need the time it needs to get it right the first time and we want this thing to be solution everyone is waiting for. I've seen the first pieces of this and it's going to be really pretty. Just give the boys time.
The Sistine Chapel also needed a measure of patience. ;)

My question is: would a Clone BD work with regular DVD's (like AnyDVD HD) or would that have to be 2 separate programs? It would be able to handle both formats, correct? Just added functionality and ability, with a monetary premium, yes? Would we be able to upgrade from CloneDVD like AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD?

Would we be able to upgrade from CloneDVD like AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD?

From other posts around the forum, there won't be a direct upgrade path from CloneDVD to CloneBD... mainly because CloneDVD isn't a Slysoft product.

There will be some kind of upgrade pricing, though.

Are we getting any closer at all? Or did the project die a quiet death?

Hope clone BD comes soon! as it should be about the best software out there.... other software out now has problems... & all i read on there forum are about bugs ect....

How much time you think it will take them? months years?

They should be able to do it

I mean I use BDRebuilder now and it always makes great compressed copies for me.Most movie only rips are 20Gb give or take a couple Gb's either way.You have the BD 5,BD 9,and BD 25.If you got 20 Gb's and go to BD 9 and keep the Hd audio,you have a movie that one can not tell the difference but still have HD audio.You save lots of room on hard drives and mine will play with Power Dvd 9 when burned to a dual layer dvd,I keep strict BD/AVCHD structure.I wonder are you guys trying to write a whole new code or will you be using the x264 and incorporating your own settings,so to speak?I am patiently waiting.It would be nice to be able to use hardware also GPU-CPU together to shorten the time it takes to do this.It takes me about 7 to 8 hrs on the setting I use.I got so many questions about it,that it's driving me nutz,:)
stin

it's gonna use the same engine as the current clonedvdmobile.

CloneDVD And CloneDVD Mobile were based on some of the same code right?
So it would be very similar to CloneDVD?

Or do you mean the encoding engine? Because that wouldn't make much sense being an ffmpeg and mencoder frontend.

CloneDVD And CloneDVD Mobile were based on some of the same code right?
So it would be very similar to CloneDVD?

No. They look similar but the code isn't the same. Remember that both products are made by different companies. Slysoft licensed code from Elaborate Bytes for the AnyDVD ripper so shared code is used in CloneDVD and AnyDVD however the code for the older CloneDVD mobile software simply isn't as robust as CloneDVD or AnyDVD and this is why I, personally, would always rip a DVD containing structural protections to the HDD before using CloneDVD mobile to convert a movie. I'm hoping that when this is all said and done that the ripping engine in the new CloneDVD mobile will be as powerful as CloneDVD and/or the AnyDVD ripper.

I don't think it will be released this year as hoped though.

No. They look similar but the code isn't the same.

Now I remember... Thanks for that :)
However there seems to be evidence that conflicts with what you say...
Look at the attached pics to see what i mean,
There are many more than what i pointed out in the pics.

I'm hoping that when this is all said and done that the ripping engine in the new CloneDVD mobile will be as powerful as CloneDVD and/or the AnyDVD ripper.

IIRC there was a post by James (I think) a few months ago about CloneDVD Mobile getting a new ripping engine, One that would be fully made by slysoft, Is this correct?

Attachments

• CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile Similarities.zip
    246.3 KB · Views: 37
Now I remember... Thanks for that :)
However there seems to be evidence that conflicts with what you say...
Look at the attached pics to see what i mean,
There are many more than what i pointed out in the pics.

Slysoft likely based the look of CloneDVD mobile off of the original UI code for CloneDVD hence the errors you pointed out. That said, what's underneath isn't the same.

IIRC there was a post by James (I think) a few months ago about CloneDVD Mobile getting a new ripping engine, One that would be fully made by slysoft, Is this correct?

A new engine is, indeed, planned and being worked on. How far reaching the changes go is something I simply don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back