• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow Read Times Since Last AnyDVD HD Update

the rip speeds used to be 8 MB/s plus
with the last update they never get anything better than about 4 MB/s sustained

will try what samurai recommended

thanks!

As you can see, above, Drinklyeanddie has the same drive. He's not experiencing issues with rip speed.

Provide Anydvd log .zip files, and do what SamuriHL posted.

As you can see, above, Drinklyeanddie has the same drive. He's not experiencing issues with rip speed.
Not only Drinklyeanddie, I have the same drive, too. No issues.

I'm on a Pioneer BDC-202 on Vista, went down to 1.0x rip speed - had to go back to 6.4.2.3 :confused:

No, the quick easy test would be to disable AnyDVD and create an image with it disabled. There's no reason to go back to an old version for this. If the read speed is higher with AnyDVD disabled, then yes, there's a problem there. Right click on AnyDVD and either select exit or uncheck Enable AnyDVD. Load up whatever you're using to make your images (imgburn, clonecd, whatever) and create your image. If you're using the AnyDVD Ripper, I suggest trying to first make an ISO with AnyDVD enabled and then make another with AnyDVD disabled and compare the times.

Hi SamuraiHL

I do use the AnyDVD ripper

I tried to rip with AnyDVD disabled by right clicking of the sys tray icon and when i try to rip Video DVD to Harddisk ----AnyDVD says that "AnyDVD is not active" for the drive.
I tried exiting from anydvd and then going into program files and just launching the ripper----then says the the drive is not ready. it appears that it launches the entire AnyDVD app--putting me back to the original senario
How do i perform the action you suggested?

thank you for your help

Yes, read what I said to do! The anydvd ripper obviously is not going to work with AnyDVD disabled. You need to make ISO's instead to test the performance. Use ImgBurn or CloneCD in read mode. You'll need to do it with AnyDVD enabled first to get a benchmark and then again on the same disc with AnyDVD disabled. This will determine if AnyDVD is your problem or if it's something else.

AMPLIFRIER,

Do yourself a favor, use the Imgburn way to create ISO and in no time you will watching movie instead. Refer SamuriHL signature for the Imagburn procedure.

AMPLIFRIER,

Do yourself a favor, use the Imgburn way to create ISO and in no time you will watching movie instead. Refer SamuriHL signature for the Imagburn procedure.

thanks!

will give a shot and see how it goes.

Just also want to give a thank you out to you all for giving some help here!
really appreciate it and hope to be able to return the favor to you all somehow :)

AMP

just began iso image creation and i can see the speeds are almost 8 MB/s

so the imgburn route yeilds a higher speed.

does this indicate anything yet?

sorry to be such a noob but im trying to pick all of this up.:bowdown:

thank you

Last edited:
Well, everyone knows what I'm going to say on this one already. :) I recommend ISOs anyway, so, my advice is to just use that method from now on and not worry about it. The AnyDVD Ripper is a convenience thing but it's not necessarily the best way to go. What happens if you just copy the files using Windows Explorer copy and paste to your hard drive?

No, please disable AnyDVD when using Imagburn. When playing ISO please enable AnyDVD HD.

Don't confuse him right now. This issue is not about what is the best method for ripping and playback. It's about troubleshooting a problem.

(I had asked him to do a comparison with AnyDVD enabled making an ISO and after if that was slow doing another one with AnyDVD disabled. But since it was not slow, there's obviously a problem with the AnyDVD Ripper somewhere)

Don't confuse him right now. This issue is not about what is the best method for ripping and playback. It's about troubleshooting a problem.

(I had asked him to do a comparison with AnyDVD enabled making an ISO and after if that was slow doing another one with AnyDVD disabled. But since it was not slow, there's obviously a problem with the AnyDVD Ripper somewhere)

SamuriHL,
Got it.

AMPL,
You're in the safe hand, please follow SamuriHL's advice.

without anydvd running my rip speed went even higher using imgburn i get about 12MB/s

thanks again

I'm not sure what that means. There does seem to be a problem there. Have you tried reinstalling AnyDVD?

I'm not sure what that means. There does seem to be a problem there. Have you tried reinstalling AnyDVD?

during the iso creation the process went up to about 14 MB/s sustained

will reinstall AnyDVD and report back

You could always use my method of making encrypted ISOs and allowing AnyDVD to decrypt them on the fly when you mount it. It works out very well for me. Or you can live with a slight drop in speed and make the ISO with AnyDVD enabled. Either way, it's apparently faster than the ripper for you.

Back