• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow Read Times Since Last AnyDVD HD Update

reinstalled AnyDVD and still have the slow rip speeds---about 4.1 MB/s
On uninstall i seleceted to "Keep registration information" i assumed this is the key in my registry.
let me know if i should try again and select to remove it.

here is my AnyDVD log file if it helps

thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_HELLBOY.zip
    223.1 KB · Views: 4
For those of you who are affected by this issue, please answer the following 3 questions, so that I can take a look (I'm interested). Thanks

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2. What motherboard brand and model number are you using?

3. What sata drivers are you using? Intel's? Microsoft's? Nvidia's? Check device manager please

Last edited:
clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

let me know if i should try again and select to remove it.

No. Don't remove it.

1) What motherboard brand and model number are you using?

2) What sata drivers are you using? Intel's? Microsoft's? Nvidia's? Check device manager please

Last edited:
Removing the registration data won't help here...it'll just piss you off. :) Yea, no, do what Webbie says but I suspect that won't change anything. It might, though, so, it's worth a shot.

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

i tried to remove the filter in imgburn and rebooted and its still there.
doesn't appear to be letting me remove it.

it does generate the warning dialogue about creating a reg backup and has a OK button but i click it and the clbstor entry is still there

should i track it down in the registry and remove it there?

1) What motherboard brand and model number are you using?

2) What sata drivers are you using? Intel's? Microsoft's? Nvidia's? Check device manager please

My mobo is an Asus P5N32-E SLI
with a Quad Core Core2 Duo proc
2gig Corsair Dominator Ram
3HDD's WD 74g raptor (OS) / seagate 500gig / Seagate 1 TB
2 optical drives LG super multi BluRay and Plextor both SATA
Appears to be using Microsoft drivers---thought i installed the Nvidia MOBO drivers and that was part of it?

i tried to remove the filter in imgburn and rebooted and its still there.
doesn't appear to be letting me remove it.

it does generate the warning dialogue about creating a reg backup and has a OK button but i click it and the clbstor entry is still there

should i track it down in the registry and remove it there?

If you can figure out how to uninstall whatever put that in your registry (something from cyberlink), that would be great. Regardless, it should be removed from your filter stack in your registry. Try booting into safe mode and following those steps.

thought i installed the Nvidia MOBO drivers and that was part of it?

Well, that is kind of weird. The sata raid drivers would be a separate download from the motherboard chipset drivers. I'm guessing you're using raid. Regardless, I am hesitant to suggest using Nvidia's sata drivers, since there are currently some known issues with the sata drivers for the 780i, and I don't know if that issue also extends to the Nvidia sata drivers for your 680i based motherboard.

However, if you want to test them then visit Asus' website and download the appropriate drivers.

Last edited:
This should be all the information you need.

Edit: All IDE/SATA drivers are Microsoft's

Hope it helps

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_NOC1NNE1.zip
    119.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Computer Information.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I wonder if updating to service pack 1 would help, considering there was a udf bug in Vista that James lamented before Service pack 1 (probably not, but . . .)

Sorry, i didn't really make that clear. At the time of my original post, i was at service pack 1. Early this morning i had to restore my OS due to a bad driver and i haven't had a chance to reinstall SP1, but when i made the original post, i was at SP1.

Last edited:
It's definitely a Pioneer and AnyDVD HD Issue, As a test I put an LG and a Pioneer drive on the same system, The LG drive always gets 2x read speed, with any versions back as far as 6412 (I don't have any older copies) The Pioneer drive only gives 1 speed, as soon as I remove AnyDVD from the system the Pioneer drive goes up to 2x read, so it seems pretty conclusive, Hopefully James will sort it out fairly quickly

It's definitely a Pioneer and AnyDVD HD Issue, As a test I put an LG and a Pioneer drive on the same system, The LG drive always gets 2x read speed, with any versions back as far as 6412 (I don't have any older copies) The Pioneer drive only gives 1 speed, as soon as I remove AnyDVD from the system the Pioneer drive goes up to 2x read, so it seems pretty conclusive, Hopefully James will sort it out fairly quickly
Nope, it is a LG problem too. I have this problem with my LG. Firmware is up todate and the Beta before the most recent release worked like a champ. It could only affect certain builds depending on the pc maybe.

I'm not worried, it still works as it is and I have a all the faith in the world that whatever is wrong will be worked out in the next release.

Nope, it is a LG problem too. I have this problem with my LG. Firmware is up todate and the Beta before the most recent release worked like a champ. It could only affect certain builds depending on the pc maybe.

I'm not worried, it still works as it is and I have a all the faith in the world that whatever is wrong will be worked out in the next release.
I've tried it on 5 systems with different specs here where I work and it doesn't do it on any of them using the LG drives, just the Pioneer drives

I've tried it on 5 systems with different specs here where I work and it doesn't do it on any of them using the LG drives, just the Pioneer drives
Will I can say with all certainty that it is happening with a LG GGC-H20L. Maybe it is just my computer, or this lg, who knows maybe this LG has different parts to that of some later or earlier builds. But the difference was night and day when I updated the AnyHD to the newest build. As I said before the old beta worked well.
Still not worried, I have the old software to go back to if this problem persists in the new updates, which I don't believe will happen.

AnyDVD HD 6.4.3.2
LG GGC-H20L [firmware 1.02]
Live Free or Die Hard (Region A)

Started at 4 MB/s and increased to between 6.8 and 7.4 MB/s shortly thereafter and remained at that speed until it finished.

Not only Drinklyeanddie, I have the same drive, too. No issues.

I have the same exact drive as well, no issues here. :rock:

Will I can say with all certainty that it is happening with a LG GGC-H20L. Maybe it is just my computer, or this lg, who knows maybe this LG has different parts to that of some later or earlier builds. But the difference was night and day when I updated the AnyHD to the newest build. As I said before the old beta worked well.
Still not worried, I have the old software to go back to if this problem persists in the new updates, which I don't believe will happen.

I also have a GGC-H20L and have no issues. And if I include SamuriHL and Adbear, that makes 6 people with no issues with LG drives.

1) Post an Anydvd log zip file

2) a) What motherboard brand and model number are you using?

b) What sata drivers are you using? Intel's? Microsoft's? Nvidia's? Check device manager please

I also have a GGC-H20L and have no issues. And if I include SamuriHL and Adbear, that makes 6 people with no issues with LG drives.

1) Post an Anydvd log zip file

2) a) What motherboard brand and model number are you using?

b) What sata drivers are you using? Intel's? Microsoft's? Nvidia's? Check device manager please
Or just wait for the next AnyDVD version released very soon.

Back