• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Silicon Power NVMe 4TB

For all of you members with access to Amazon USA, there is a fantastic deal for a great NVMe SSD. Its 4TBs and its fast and durable. Excellent 5-year warranty from a dependable company. It seems that PCIe 5.0 is here now and PCIe 4.0 SSDs are coming down in price. Yes, I am building a new PCIe 5.0 computer but for storage, this drive is backward compatible and still gets over 7300MB/s read and close to 7000MB/s write speeds. The PCIe 5.0 gets over 15,000MB/s but I would only use that for my OS, not for storage. I do not usually recommend anything, and I am not promoting this for any gain. All I am doing is letting you people know about something I think is a good deal. Please make up your own minds. ;)

View attachment 72884
Will this fit a Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 with the heat sink installed and still use the Asus cover? Can the heat sink be removed if not.

Will this fit a Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 with the heat sink installed and still use the Asus cover? Can the heat sink be removed if not.

Get the laptop version without heatsink. That's what I did. Of course, I'm still waiting for Amazon to actually DELIVER it but whatever. lol

Why do you need the cover? The heatsink will keep it cool and its not bad looking at all. No cover needed.

Just asking to find my options. Is the heat sink removable?

Just asking to find my options. Is the heat sink removable?
No, and you wouldn't want to remove it anyway, it's great to have the heatsink, the drive runs cooler and will last much longer.

Trying to remove the heatsink will potentially damage the SSD. It's technically possible if you are ridiculously careful but no one recommends it. As I said, order the one without the heatsink if that's your use case. It's like 10 bucks cheaper.

Trying to remove the heatsink will potentially damage the SSD. It's technically possible if you are ridiculously careful but no one recommends it. As I said, order the one without the heatsink if that's your use case. It's like 10 bucks cheaper.
If he is using it on a desktop I have my doubt whether that one will be able to put the motherboard cover over it either, the heatsink is lower but it still got a spreader.

Because it's white and shiny on that board? 🤭
I threw all the NVMe covers on my Mobo in the garbage. My OS is a Sammy 990 Pro 2TB with a Heatsink (RGB), no cover ever again LOL.

I just put it in my thunderbolt dock and that's a very tight space. It fit just fine with the thermal pad on the dock cover door that I screwed back on. Definitely a fast little drive from what I can tell. Will be nice for video work.

Great find and price. I just ordered three more SSD drives to replace all my old drives.

I installed the 2 TB Power SSD now the hard drive light stays steady???

I installed the 2 TB Power SSD now the hard drive light stays steady???
What hard drive light? Make a screenshot. If you are talking about the activity light, open your task manager and see whats running.

Hard drive light is on steady. If I take the SSD out the activity goes back to normal.

Attachments

• IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
To be honest that has to be an older case, I haven't seen an activity light on a case in ages, that said, open your Task Manager and see what is running to cause it to show activity. Is the drive used as a storage drive?> Or is it your OS drive? Something is running or in the old days, I used to just put a little piece of tape over it.

Try deleting the contents of the Windows temp folder. ;) If this doesn't work just disconnect the 3-pin connector from the motherboard to the case. That damn light doesn't do anything.

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp folder.

Last edited:
Isn't that just a 2-pin connector? From memory, could be wrong.
But yeah, just unplug in

For Win10:
Open CMD or Powershell as Administrator, type
Code:
diskperf -Y
Enter
and enjoy extensive disk activity in the task manager
For Windows 11 that might even be active after a fresh installation.

Isn't that just a 2-pin connector? From memory, could be wrong.
But yeah, just unplug in

For Win10:
Open CMD or Powershell as Administrator, type
Code:
diskperf -Y
Enter
and enjoy extensive disk activity in the task manager
For Windows 11 that might even be active after a fresh installation.
It's either a 2-pin 3V or a 3-pin 5V. It all depends on what case it is. It could be a million things, he could need a BIOS update because the motherboard isn't detecting it correctly, it could be 100 things.

Here's an update to my post. I heard back from Silicon Power Support. The reason the hard drive light stays on is they called it a power on light. Also it had a direct conflict with my Crucial SSD's. I sent all of the Power SSD's back and reordered all Crucial SSD's now all my problems have disappeared. Not sure what the purpose for them do this but it didn't work in my systems.

My 2 cents:
Better not to remove heatsink
PCIe 4.0 SSD temperature actually high,the PCIe 5.0 SSD much higher
Have a chance Test a Crucial T700 Gen5 SSD and temperature really high near 76-79°C

Back