• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Silicon Power NVMe 4TB

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
For all of you members with access to Amazon USA, there is a fantastic deal for a great NVMe SSD. Its 4TBs and its fast and durable. Excellent 5-year warranty from a dependable company. It seems that PCIe 5.0 is here now and PCIe 4.0 SSDs are coming down in price. Yes, I am building a new PCIe 5.0 computer but for storage, this drive is backward compatible and still gets over 7300MB/s read and close to 7000MB/s write speeds. The PCIe 5.0 gets over 15,000MB/s but I would only use that for my OS, not for storage. I do not usually recommend anything, and I am not promoting this for any gain. All I am doing is letting you people know about something I think is a good deal. Please make up your own minds. ;)

Amazon SP.jpg

One question RF1. Is this a device you have worked with yourself at some point?

One question RF1. Is this a device you have worked with yourself at some point?
Yes, I have had it installed for about a week now, it's not my OS drive. I am using it as a storage drive but this has a wonderful heatsink, so you could put it in an enclosure and have an external PCIe drive that's fast as heck. I put mine in the 4X lane as my 16X is taken by GPU. I have it on an expansion card.

Reactions: DQ
Nice price ... that's about as much as I paid for my 2TB device a year ago ...
Plus the fact that it's a quality drive. It has an E-18 (B47R) Phison controller, the best Its native PCIe Gen 4, 8-channel controller is manufactured on TSMC’s 12nm node and features a trio of Arm Cortex R5 processors in conjunction with a pair of proprietary Phison CoXProcessors, for five total cores. It supports capacities up to 8TB and End-to-end Data Path Protection, Smart ECC with Phison’s 4th Generation LDPC Engine, and Hardware AES (AES 128/256 bit), SHA (160/256/512), and RSA 4096 with full support for TCG Opal 2.0 and Pyrite encryption. Peak transfer rates are expected to be in the 7.4GB/s range -- give or take. The thermal pads on the heatsink did a number on the markings on the various chips populating the PCB. If things were easier to read, what you’d see are eight pieces of Micron B47R 176-Layer 3D TLC NAND operating at 1600 MT/s, along with the Phison E18 controller and a couple of pieces of SK Hynix DDR4 RAM. This type of configuration is what we’re likely to see on next-gen, high-end, enthusiast-class SSDs. The B47R media on this drive will be available in two grades: media grade and Fortis. This drive uses Fortis grade media, which is the higher performing of the two and most likely to be used on premium E18 SSDs moving forward. It is very fast and I really like it. For this price it's really a deal, other places that sell this drive have it for almost 400 €

Yes, I have had it installed for about a week now, it's not my OS drive. I am using it as a storage drive but this has a wonderful heatsink, so you could put it in an enclosure and have an external PCIe drive that's fast as heck. I put mine in the 4X lane as my 16X is taken by GPU. I have it on an expansion card.
Thanks for the tip man! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip man! Much appreciated.
As I said, I am just passing along what I think is a good deal to the members. It is only my personal opinion. I am not gaining anything or promoting this drive. Just my personal opinion, I am not endorsing it for any personal gain. My post is just a gesture of information.

Not a bad deal at all. I just grabbed a 2tb Samsung for a little less but it has a built in heatsink so I can't use it for what I bought it for. (It'll end up in my gaming HTPC). I got the laptop version of this to throw in my new Sonnet Tech Echo 20 Thunderbolt dock. These prices aren't going to stay low forever so we might as well take advantage of it while we can.

Not a bad deal at all. I just grabbed a 2tb Samsung for a little less but it has a built in heatsink so I can't use it for what I bought it for. (It'll end up in my gaming HTPC). I got the laptop version of this to throw in my new Sonnet Tech Echo 20 Thunderbolt dock. These prices aren't going to stay low forever so we might as well take advantage of it while we can.
This drive has a great heatsink and it will fit correctly in any PC or PS5.

This drive has a great heatsink and it will fit correctly in any PC or PS5.

I needed one without the heatsink. So I got the laptop version which was 10 bucks cheaper than the price you have listed up there. The echo 20 has a heatpad built in so if the ssd has its own heatsink it will not fit. I currently have a Samsung 2tb SSD in it but I can't put the cover back on which is not great. I'll move that to my HTPC for gaming and use the 4TB to share between my Windows laptop and my MacBook Pro. That'll be nice.

I needed one without the heatsink. So I got the laptop version which was 10 bucks cheaper than the price you have listed up there. The echo 20 has a heatpad built in so if the ssd has its own heatsink it will not fit. I currently have a Samsung 2tb SSD in it but I can't put the cover back on which is not great. I'll move that to my HTPC for gaming and use the 4TB to share between my Windows laptop and my MacBook Pro. That'll be nice.
It's a great drive. Those E-18 controllers are the best. ;)

It's a great drive. Those E-18 controllers are the best. ;)

That'll be good because the primary use case for it is video editing. And I'm talking about 4K video using DaVinci. Being able to move the dock between my Alienware and MacBook Pro to continue editing wherever I am is nice. The dock will go with me on vacations when I take GoPro videos so 4TB will be awesome in the field.

For all of you members with access to Amazon USA, there is a fantastic deal for a great NVMe SSD. Its 4TBs and its fast and durable. Excellent 5-year warranty from a dependable company. It seems that PCIe 5.0 is here now and PCIe 4.0 SSDs are coming down in price. Yes, I am building a new PCIe 5.0 computer but for storage, this drive is backward compatible and still gets over 7300MB/s read and close to 7000MB/s write speeds. The PCIe 5.0 gets over 15,000MB/s but I would only use that for my OS, not for storage. I do not usually recommend anything, and I am not promoting this for any gain. All I am doing is letting you people know about something I think is a good deal. Please make up your own minds. ;)

View attachment 72884

😱 what a price, here they want double:unsure:

Screenshot 2023-07-05 205959.png

This is a one-time special offer, I am sure this will not last long because it's a quality drive. That's why I posted it.

The reason this price is so good is, if you notice in my screenshot, it's being shipped by Amazon but the actual seller is the manufacturer. Silicon Power. There is no middleman here. If this was sold by a store that Silcon Power shipped it to, the price would be 50% higher. It was the first thing I noticed.

Back