• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Should Anydvd HD have a ripper function (X-Protect related)?

Really? TBH, I rarely used it myself, only for testing during development... :p

I find it useless for BD/HD DVD as is. If it did ISO, then sure, it'd be highly useful. But files? Ewwwww. ;)

It depends on the day and my mood but, yeah, I've ripped numerous discs with the ripper and then built an ISO.

I always rip the disc to the HDD one way or another when I am going to watch a movie, anyway. I have a HDD dedicated to being my music jukebox and movie library rather than havin to go grab a CD/DVD/HD-DVD/BD off the shelf. I'm clumsy and I hate scratching discs.

This is true. But these days that's no longer the case. And for ISO reading, you don't need UDF 2.5 abilities. So, I still say the file reading thing for HD/BD is useless. ;)
There may be 1 or 2 users of TMT (you know, the player that can't even decode DTS to more than 2 channels), who can use this feature.
And AnyDVD needs this functionality internally (AnyDVD has to mimic all the OS functionality for file reading, because decryption is done while the OS sees an empty drive).

It depends on the day and my mood but, yeah, I've ripped numerous discs with the ripper and then built an ISO.
You can rip to an ISO, and if you want to strip it down, mount the ISO and remux from the virtual drive... and build another ISO if you like.

There may be 1 or 2 users of TMT (you know, the player that can't even decode DTS to more than 2 channels), who can use this feature.
And AnyDVD needs this functionality internally (AnyDVD has to mimic all the OS functionality for file reading, because decryption is done while the OS sees an empty drive).

That's kuel then. I don't begrudge the functionality. Certainly people do seem to find it useful. I just don't see the point for what I do. Rip ISO, use AnyDVD's USEFUL functionality for my HTPC environment. IMO, it's the best use of AnyDVD's amazing abilities.

As long as I can get to the files directly even on structural protected discs I am fine. I often remux right off the original disk to a folder then make an ISO of the folder. Kind of like a way to shrink it as far as the backup goes.

It would be nice to be able to go straight to an ISO after picking the streams I want rather than having to do it in another step though.

All Well and Good

as title says but the primary reason I upgraded was because My HDTV doesn't support HDMI.

I often remux right off the original disk to a folder then make an ISO of the folder.

Kiss that capacity goodbye once structural protections are introduced. There's a good chance you'll have to rip first with Anydvd ripper--and then you'll have to remux those files. I hope I'm wrong, but . . .

Then that seems to be a great reason to keep the ripper function intact for sure. It makes it more of a pain to do but it is at least doable.

So a built in rip function with stream selection straight to ISO or BD directory would be cool :)

Back