• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

Windows Vista RTM'd in November 2006, Windows 7 was like 2 or 3 months into the planning phases at that point. Software of that scope takes years.

9 months is a pretty good length of time to get a single up running, if not really working.

Sure...if that's *ALL* you're working on. But, of course, SlySoft doesn't have any other projects that need time and attention....right? :)

Sure...if that's *ALL* you're working on. But, of course, SlySoft doesn't have any other projects that need time and attention....right? :)

They could drop support and building updates for AnyDVD & Game Jackal and CloneBD & ReClock if this was really needed but then slyplayer wouldn't be free or embedded into CloneBD either then the forum would be a mess. :D

Oh totally.

I ment with a team of 2 or 3 people working exclusively on that project.

Oh totally.

I ment with a team of 2 or 3 people working exclusively on that project.

Right, in that case you'd expect to have to pay for it, too, to pay for full time developer's time. In any case, SlySoft has chosen to do things different and it'll get released when they've decided it's done. No amount of begging, threatening, reverse psychology, offering rewards, or demanding is going to speed up the process.

I don't know- let's try reverse psychology:

I don't want the program, and it does not matter as I do not think Slysoft could build it.

OK- that's my best effort.

Easy SlyPlayer

SlyPlayer sounds GREAT! Can't wait for it to be Born!!! I hope there will be a version for us old stodgers with nothing but standard DVD players. All those extra pro-video options are a mess. I, for one, don't intend going BD for the foreseeable future. Besides, my vision wouldn't warrant BD anywayz. I am dedicated standard DVD fool.

I love Dell's old version of PowerDVD, and hope SlyPlayer eats them up so I can toss theirs out the window!

Go For It y'all!
Bonz2
Blind Guy [kind'a]

Why not make it a for-pay program, so SS would then have a greater impetus to dedicate resources, finish and release it?

Don't get me wrong, I like free, but frankly, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for a program that truly works, and avoids the more mercurial solutions from Cyberlink and Arcsoft.

And I don't know if its in the feature list, but supporting the Realtek HDMI driver, work-around for the PCM DTS surround channel mis-mapping, options to ignore improper audio flags in AVRs (so no more EDID overrides) and reliable bitstreaming for all audio formats (BR and DVD, unlike Arcsoft, which just broke HD-DVD and DVD bistreaming playback with version 170, though you can re-enable it with a manual menu work-around) are top features for me...

Thanks

Heck, I would pay to be part of a beta program, even of he finished product were free...

I heard that this will be in CloneBD. I am not sure if there will be a seperate installer for those that won't be owning CloneBD or not. Take this post with a grain of salt as there is no official word on this.

I heard that this will be in CloneBD. I am not sure if there will be a seperate installer for those that won't be owning CloneBD or not. Take this post with a grain of salt as there is no official word on this.
Huh? That wouldn't make much sense. I believe you heard wrong. ;)
What you might have heard - CloneBD and SlyPlayer share the same code base, as CloneBD needs playback for title preview/selection. So, yes, parts of SlyPlayer are technically "inside" CloneBD.

What you might have heard - CloneBD and SlyPlayer share the same code base, as CloneBD needs playback for title preview/selection. So, yes, parts of SlyPlayer are technically "inside" CloneBD.

Thank you I was right and wrong and now that you mention it I remember this being said now.

Yes! James confirmed that slyplayer exists! :)

I officially lost interest in Slyplayer and all the other BD players for computers for that matter. I have switched to a Dune player. So for around $300bux I replace a computer, have a nice front end, and no software to buy or windows BS.

Still need CloneBD. Hopefully that will get released soon.

Well okay... I have not lost interest.

Not sure I like this pay idea that sems to have popped up. It should be free because I believe I read you will need AnyDVD HD to view Bluray in Slyplayer.

It would be an incentive for people to buy AnyDVD HD.

SlySoft has announced that they will be creating a freeware player. There is no current release date on this, so, questions about "when" will be moved to another thread. Feel free to add feature requests to this thread. Any off topic posts, including my own :D, will be moved. The previous SlyPlayer thread can be found here and has been closed. Here's a list of the features requested so far. Note that these are only REQUESTED which does NOT mean they will be added! SlySoft alone gets to make the final call on features to be implemented.

Code:
[U][B]Feature Request List:[/B][/U]
Support for all Blu Ray and HDDVD formats (video and Audio) [DTS HD, DD True-HD, DD+, VC1, MPEG2, h264, etc] 
Playback of Java BDs
Support for .MKV, .AVI, .MOV, .mP4, .h264, .AVC, .FLAC containers
Bitstreaming
DVD Upscaling
Bit perfect LPCM streaming unmolested; auto selecting
No downsampling of audio streams
Ability to correct timing differences and sync issues in audio streams
DXVA, DXVA 2.0 and CUDA support (Video hardware acceleration) for BR and HDVDDV
DXVA, DXVA 2.0 and CUDA support for other file container formats like MKV and h264
Audio setup section allowing testing for each speaker in a 5.1/6.1/7.1 configuration
Automatic channel detection (2.0/5/1/7/1) to send to receiver
Easy playback and selection on Episodic discs
Support for 1080p/24 output
Integration into Windows Media Center, including playback through WMC
Support for WMC remotes & keyboard shortcuts
Support for hotkeys, preferrably user definable for almost all functions (valuable to those using remotes like the Harmony)
Integration with My Movies and other DVD cataloguing programs
Support for WMC extenders
Support for Virtual machines like Fusion and Parallels for the Mac
Remember last playback position on DVDs
Remember last playback position of BRs and HDDVDs
Aspect ratio manipulation
Standalone Mac (apple) version
Standalone Linux version
"Finely-graduated" zoom function (similar to whats in MPC-HC/Zoomplayer)
TCP control so the player can be controlled by external programs
Color management (ie ability to support for 3D LUT files)
Support for Windows Home Server
Post-processing support (ie FFDSHOW capabilities)
Ability to change the position of the subtitles related to the video (DVD, BR, and HDVDVD)
Ability to load external subtitles
Support and use of DirectShow filters
Variable aspect control (allows for shifting of a widescreen image to the top (or bottom) of 16:9 frame)
Support for x/y stretch functions for incorrectly mastered discs
Support for VST plugin "Convolver" 
Option to add audio/video filters (advanced option maybe)
Ability to downmix different audio formats to AC3 (DD)
Support/Integration into XMBC
Support for external soundcards like XONAR and Auzentech
Gamma correction controls
Channel expansion (for all audio with less channels than your output)
Ability to NOT deinterlace DVD sources
Ability to switch the video refresh to match the movie its playing
Ability to set default Audio streams in preference (DTS-MA then TrueHd then LPCM then DD+, then DTS/AC3...etc...)
Ability to do Dolby Headphone
Ability to autoplay upon inserting a disc
Ability to autoplay and change the resolution to desired format upon inserting a disc; then change back to native resolution upon program exit
Ability to be callable from command line
Aspect ratio adjustments, presets, and any other adjustments done on a Per-disk level
Split screen mode to compare current settings with new settings (ala PDVD 9)
Cinema user interface option (large fonts/icons,etc)
Ability to move control playback ribbon to any location on the screen
Plugins/add-ons architecture (using DLLs, or WM_messages) to allow integration with automation/IR-control utilities
Frame advance when paused feature
Screen grab feature

Well okay... I have not lost interest.

Not sure I like this pay idea that sems to have popped up. It should be free because I believe I read you will need AnyDVD HD to view Bluray in Slyplayer.

It would be an incentive for people to buy AnyDVD HD.

It is all you needed to do is read the first posting.

I officially lost interest in Slyplayer and all the other BD players for computers for that matter. I have switched to a Dune player. So for around $300bux I replace a computer, have a nice front end, and no software to buy or windows BS.

Still need CloneBD. Hopefully that will get released soon.

I've already spent the cash on 3 HTPCs so it's Slyplayer for me on those when it's released. However, i went to the Dune website and like what i see as far as specs and hardware goes. This might be a possibility for our guest bedroom.

However, i don't see any pics of the user interface. I'm hoping it's not some simple interface where you search through a bunch of files like windows explorer. Does it read the cover art for the movies so that you have a polished interface to interact with (similar to MyMovies which is what i use for my HTPCs)?

Edit
I found the user manual. Simple file searcher like i thought. They should license out the MyMovies interface (or author their own) and then it would be perfect.

Last edited:
I've already spent the cash on 3 HTPCs so it's Slyplayer for me on those when it's released. However, i went to the Dune website and like what i see as far as specs and hardware goes. This might be a possibility for our guest bedroom.

However, i don't see any pics of the user interface. I'm hoping it's not some simple interface where you search through a bunch of files like windows explorer. Does it read the cover art for the movies so that you have a polished interface to interact with (similar to MyMovies which is what i use for my HTPCs)?

Edit
I found the user manual. Simple file searcher like i thought. They should license out the MyMovies interface (or author their own) and then it would be perfect.

They are in contact with MyMovies. MyMovies mostly works with the Dune. I use My Movies to collect the metadata, cover art, etc for the dune player interface. Search AVSForums for pictures in their thread.

Back