• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping to MKV says file size is 518GB

CountryBumkin

I just received the USA version of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1. I want to rip it to my hard drive in mkv format. I'm using ANYDVD HD ver. 7.6.9.2 and Clone BD ver. 1.0.7.6

Clone BD says the file size is going to be 518 GB (obviously this wrong, but I let it rip anyways).

The rip is "H.264/MPEG-4/AVC, copy original (lossless), output resolution 1920x1080".
At the end it said "data read 22.73GB" and data written "16.99GB" and duration 1:39:39 (which seems too short).

I'm not sure if I ripped the correct playlist (I have post on ANYDVD HD forum to verify). I ripped title 512.
EDIT: Okay, 512 is wrong (for retail USA version bought from Amazon). According to makeMKV forum, I should be ripping playlist 0553 which results in a 24.1 GB file with duration of 2:02:50.
EDIT 2: So 553 is wrong too (for my version). I'll wait for developers to solve this problem and stop guessing.

My post here is just to report the incorrect "518GB" size. I don't know if CloneBD would have not ripped if my hard drive had less than 518GB available space. You propably already know abou this reporting error, but I didn't see another post on the subject so I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
I just received the USA version of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1. I want to rip it to my hard drive in mkv format. I'm using ANYDVD HD ver. 7.6.9.2 and Clone BD ver. 1.0.7.6

Clone BD says the file size is going to be 518 GB (obviously this wrong, but I let it rip anyways).

The rip is "H.264/MPEG-4/AVC, copy original (lossless), output resolution 1920x1080".
At the end it said "data read 22.73GB" and data written "16.99GB" and duration 1:39:39 (which seems too short).

I'm not sure if I ripped the correct playlist (I have post on ANYDVD HD forum to verify). I ripped title 512.
EDIT: Okay, 512 is wrong (for retail USA version bought from Amazon). According to makeMKV forum, I should be ripping playlist 0553 which results in a 24.1 GB file with duration of 2:02:50.

My post here is just to report the incorrect "518GB" size. I don't know if CloneBD would have not ripped if my hard drive had less than 518GB available space. You propably already know abou this reporting error, but I didn't see another post on the subject so I thought I'd mention it.

Never heard of this, no.
It would help a lot, if you could post a CloneBD log file and an AnyDVD log file.
(CloneBD-Log file: simply start the conversation as you did before, then press cancel and on the completion page press the Alt-key to bring up the log file buttons).

I would try these two test back-up procedures:

He already stated that he is using CloneBD - and other than the alternatives you mentioned, CloneBD will automatically choose the correct playlist, if AnyDVD removed the Screen Pass protection correctly.
No need to drive people away from Elby's products, thanks.

Thinking about it - it is possible, that this came from the fact that AnyDVD removed the protection meanwhile.
You possibly opened the disc with CloneBD before, when AnyDVD didn't handle the disc and now all the bogus playlists are still in the cache.
In CloneBD, can you simple click on "settings" and then "clear cache".
Then everything should turn to normal.

I just opened the Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2 folder in CloneBD and it selected the first playlist in BDInfo which has a 2:17:57 length and is the only one that long. I have had this problem with CloneBD with other discs.

Is there some trick to get CloneBD to select the correct playlist?

I just opened the Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2 folder in CloneBD and it selected the first playlist in BDInfo which has a 2:17:57 length and is the only one that long. I have had this problem with CloneBD with other discs.

Is there some trick to get CloneBD to select the correct playlist?

...what problem? Am I missing an information?
Can you please post an AnyDVD log file, so I know which disc you are talking about?

The problem is that CloneBD selects the first playlist by default with all the others displayed below it. In the case of Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2, CloneBD selected palylist 493 while AnyDVD reported the correct play list is 600.

How do you get CloneBD to pick the correct playlist?

The problem is that CloneBD selects the first playlist by default with all the others displayed below it. In the case of Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2, CloneBD selected palylist 493 while AnyDVD reported the correct play list is 600.

How do you get CloneBD to pick the correct playlist?

I find that very surprising.
CloneBD automatically picks the right one - the information is taken from the file disc.inf, which AnyDVD places in the root of the disc.
If you copied the files to a folder first and omitted that file, then CloneBD can't know the right one.

I didn't do anything with disc.inf. As I said, CloneBD picks the first playlist everytime I use it.

I didn't do anything with disc.inf. As I said, CloneBD picks the first playlist everytime I use it.

Could it be that AnyDVD HD did not figure out (know) the correct playlist at the time you did your rip, so CloneBD just picked the top one?
Because I don't think AnyDVD has figured out the correct playlist yet (at least for some versions of Hunger Games MJ2).

I looked at disc.inf and didn't see anything in it that would give a clue as to what the correct playlist should be. It contains:

[disc]
type=BD-ROM
version=AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.2 (BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)
totalsectors=12953760
label=MOCKINGJAY_2
speedmenu=0
region=-1
3D=0
fps=23

No playlist line, you've got a currently unsupported version. Which is why CloneBD picks the wrong playlist. You need to provide an anydvd logfile in one of the current mockingjay topics so they can add support. When that is done, the disc.inf should contain the correct playlist which will then in turn be used by CloneBD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

I cleared the cache but CloneBD is still showing the file size as 518GB (lossless) or 416 GB (AC3). Maybe it is because AnyDVD has not correctly identified the playlist for this movie (I manually selected Title 706, but perhaps CBD is adding them all together.

CloneBD_clearedcache_518GB_zpsph0wt3mj.gif

Attachments

• CloneBD_log for HungergamesMJ2_showing 518GB size.zip
    756.5 KB · Views: 5
I cleared the cache but CloneBD is still showing the file size as 518GB (lossless) or 416 GB (AC3). Maybe it is because AnyDVD has not correctly identified the playlist for this movie (I manually selected Title 706, but perhaps CBD is adding them all together.

What source are you feeding CloneBD? A ripped ISO? ripped folder? or straight from the original disc?
706 is not correct on your disc and will show as 500GB +
You need to use 00628.mpls for your disc to get the correct size (which AnyDVD should be showing in the status window)

I'm using the original disk.
I did not know what the correct title was (I tried a few based on what was said in other threads) but deleted them. I'm going to wait until I know for sure. Thanks for letting me know about Title 00628.

My copy of ANYDVD HD is not reporting the correct (or any) playlist/title in the status window (at least not as of last night), so I'll check again tonight when I get home. But I have not read anywhere here that the developers have solved this playlist issue yet.

ANYDVD_StatusWindow_HungerGamesMJ2_zpsioo0rk8i.gif

My copy of ANYDVD HD is not reporting the correct (or any) playlist/title in the status window (at least not as of last night), so I'll check again tonight when I get home. But I have not read anywhere here that the developers have solved this playlist issue yet.

It looks like your disc may have slipped through and not listing a playlist yet, that's why you have the issue in CloneBD.

I'm fairly certain 628 is correct (developers will have to check to make sure)
Redfox - A link to this disc logfile is here

Status window playlist listings should be solved, it's the 'full disc' playback that they are still working on.

It looks like your disc may have slipped through and not listing a playlist yet, that's why you have the issue in CloneBD.

I'm fairly certain 628 is correct (developers will have to check to make sure)
Redfox - A link to this disc logfile is here

Status window playlist listings should be solved, it's the 'full disc' playback that they are still working on.

No, hasn't slipped through, just wasn't done yet.
Should be in the DB now, though.
May not play in full disc mode correctly, though.
Mockingjay 2 comes in 5 different protections types.
I don't understand what that is about - it keeps us busy, while the pirates just have to chose the one with the most convenient protection (which probably is the Belgian one: no protection).

No, hasn't slipped through, just wasn't done yet.
Should be in the DB now, though.
May not play in full disc mode correctly, though.
Mockingjay 2 comes in 5 different protections types.
I don't understand what that is about - it keeps us busy, while the pirates just have to chose the one with the most convenient protection (which probably is the Belgian one: no protection).

Yep. No screenpass in the BELGA release. Release only in Belgium & the Netherlands, afaik.

Doesn't it normally know which is the right one and put that one at the top of the list?
I tought that's what I remembered.

Still amazed here they are asked for the Log file from CloneBD and Anydvd HD and yet none is provided? Did I miss something here.

Back