• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where in Log is the playlist identified?

CountryBumkin

I have not had to look for a playlist in a long time. But with the new release of The Hunger Games MJ part 2 (which I received yesterday from Amazon) I can't figure this out. I've been reading the threads here on this movie and I'm not sure if this movie's playlist is correctly identified yet by AnyDVD HD yet.

1) In the AnyDVD HD Log is says "Get HashNode returned 501.m2ts!" Is this supposed to be the correct playlist? Because I don't have a 501 playlist on the disk.

2) I know that when a new BD first comes out, it takes AnyDVD staff a few days/weeks (after receiving the logs) to figure out the correct playlist and release the information.

How do I know when AnyDVD HD is updated to show the correct playlist (will the log just have an incorrect playlist on no playlist before ANYDVD staff figures out which playlist is correct?

I'm using version 7.6.9.2

look at the status window, if AnyDVD can find the right playlist it will be showen there

What is the "Status Window"?
Is that when you hoover the mouse over the AnyDVD icon on the task bar, or do you right click on the Fox icon? I thought you had to go into the "log" to see the playlist (maybe that was true a long time ago).

I think from reading the other threads on this movie, I think that ANYDVD has not yet updated the program to detect the correct playlist for this movie. Is that true?

Okay - I see now. Right Click on Fox icon to bring up menu, then click on "Status" at the top of the menu.

Last edited:
The Status Window is displayed when you open the AnyDVD program and select status in the left hand navigation tree. Most likely Mocking Jay 2 has not been fixed by the developers to show the correct playlist in the status window yet. There could be several different versions of the disk so you should supply a log file of your disk to ensure it is covered when they update the OPD for this movie.
What is the "Status Window"?
Is that when you hoover the mouse over the AnyDVD icon on the task bar, or do you right click on the Fox icon? I thought you had to go into the "log" to see the playlist (maybe that was true a long time ago).

I think from reading the other threads on this movie, I think that ANYDVD has not yet updated the program to detect the correct playlist for this movie. Is that true?

Okay - I see now. Right Click on Fox icon to bring up menu, then click on "Status" at the top of the menu.

The Status Window is displayed when you open the AnyDVD program and select status in the left hand navigation tree. Most likely Mocking Jay 2 has not been fixed by the developers to show the correct playlist in the status window yet. There could be several different versions of the disk so you should supply a log file of your disk to ensure it is covered when they update the OPD for this movie.

With Hunger Games the best one would be to use number 4, its the latest and greatest for newest protection tricks.

This actually doesn't work reliably anymore with some of the latest discs.

There could be several different versions of the disk so you should supply a log file of your disk to ensure it is covered when they update the OPD for this movie.

[strikethrough]I have a log but I didn't attach it because there have been a lot of other posts on this (US retail version) movie with "attached logs" and I didn't want to pile on more logs. [/strikethrough]

What I'm still not sure about, is how will I know when ANYDVD has figured out the correct playlist? Do I just keep checking the Status Window for a playlist to appear, or will I need to download a newer version of AnyDVD HD? Meaning, is the "fix" in the software version or does it come from the on-line database?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.2_Info_E_MOCKINGJAY_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I have a log but I didn't attach it because there have been a lot of other posts on this (US retail version) movie with "attached logs" and I didn't want to pile on more logs.

What I'm still not sure about, is how will I know when ANYDVD has figured out the correct playlist? Do I just keep checking the Status Window for a playlist to appear, or will I need to download a newer version of AnyDVD HD? Meaning, is the "fix" in the software version or does it come from the on-line database?

You will know it's fixed by reviewing the thread to see when a developer says your particular disk has been added to the online protection database or a beta release is available for download. In most of these screen pass playlist obfuscation scenarios you would just need to insert the disk and let AnyDVD scan it again to get the fix from the online protection database. Then the correct playlist will be displayed in the AnyDVD HD status window.

Off topic (A little): Im just interested, how come it is so complicated for software to find the right playlist, when my old PS3 (and other bluray players) alwas get it right?
Im sure it is not easy, but just wondering why old hardware (ps3) easy finds the right playlist, and the software programs is struggling? (n)
Best regards (Yes, I have also spent hours in figuring out the right playlist)

The PS3 doesn't need to find the correct playlist. It is fed the correct playlist by the original disc automatically.

Off topic (A little): Im just interested, how come it is so complicated for software to find the right playlist, when my old PS3 (and other bluray players) alwas get it right?
Im sure it is not easy, but just wondering why old hardware (ps3) easy finds the right playlist, and the software programs is struggling? (n)
Best regards (Yes, I have also spent hours in figuring out the right playlist)
Essentially it's to do with removing the AACS encryption.
To simplify it, on discs that use playlist obfuscation there's a checker on the disc that says if the AACS is there then play the correct playlist, but if it's removed then play a different one that shows the copy protection warning. Assuming that AnyDVD HD has already been fixed for that disc when you run it through it will essentially change the checker to point back to the correct playlist.

Thank you very much, now I am a bit clearer on whats happening. It was just out of curiosity. :)

Back