• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Right FW for BU40N?

Regardless which firmware you flash this is an official drive, not a friendly drive. However, the newest version of AnyDVD has improved checks for busencryption. Have you tried with the newest one w/o Makemkv?

Regardless which firmware you flash this is an official drive, not a friendly drive. However, the newest version of AnyDVD has improved checks for busencryption. Have you tried with the newest one w/o Makemkv?

Yes, latest version I think.

Clipboard.png

I was just surprised that Monkey-Software could rip UHDs then out of the box with the drive.

But no complaints, works with MakeMKV installed. It's only that I have no other use for MakeMKV than getting AnyDVD to work.

It's only that I have no other use for MakeMKV than getting AnyDVD to work.
It is a great tool to quickly get the movie or individual episodes from a DVD into single files (the .vob files are just thrown together and split at 1GB). But even if you never use that, it won't hurt you having it as you never have to actually open it. AnyDVD does all the work.

Just a little hint, the screenshot shows me the drive's region is not set. If you want to rip DVDs, you should do so. Exit AnyDVD before that.

Also a question, what resolution and zoom do you have? Because your font looks sharp, but the picture is big as if you are using a high-DPI monitor.

Yes, latest version I think.

View attachment 76478

I was just surprised that Monkey-Software could rip UHDs then out of the box with the drive.

But no complaints, works with MakeMKV installed. It's only that I have no other use for MakeMKV than getting AnyDVD to work.
It's the way it is. Various programs have various methods. AnyDVD needs Makemkv installed for this.

I quickly copied a small DVD and compared the hash with the rip I already made with another DVD drive. They match.

Then, I inserted an UHD disc and could play it fine. However, it says WARNING: drive's signature of the Dv value seems incorrect!.
I have never seen that before. Is it important? Logfile attached.
@James Did you have time to take a look?
I have never seen that either. I think we need @James to explain that warning.

Here a new log using the current version without LibreDrive. It still shows the warning and did even twice for 8.6.8.1.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.8.2_Info_H_MARVEL_STUDIOS_BLACK_WIDOW_5E20DD14_063961D0.ziplog
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Here a new log using the current version without LibreDrive. It still shows the warning and did even twice for 8.6.8.1.
I don't know, and it doesn't matter, because decryption seems to work fine.

I don't know, and it doesn't matter, because decryption seems to work fine.
Thanks for letting me know.
Since Coop had no idea, and not even you have, feel free to ask for another logfile if you should need it at some point. After all, I might be the only person with this message.

Back