• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] HELP! I'm new and need help and encouragement

taft

I started out with DVDDecrypter which worked great for a couple of weeks...no problems and have a stack of successes from using it. Then about 2 weeks ago it went weird on me and quit working. ?? My friend still has no trouble at all with it. So, after googling and researching I decided to try AnyDVD. I only have a couple days left on my trial and have only been successful with one movie. I try at least 2 different movies like every night with no luck...I keep trying and trying...Capote and Apocalypto say they are too long once I get through DVD Shrink...(I'm using AnyDVD with DVD Shrink and Roxio Media 7 to burn). Everything else I've tried (the Pirates series, Plenty, story of Cream, Woodstock Director's Cut, Eric Clapton and Friends, Blade Runner and others) come out pixelated and stopping, starting, jumping all over the place, title menus won't work, or I get an error msg on the player screen "bad disc"...I didn't have any trouble with DVDDecrypter except with Capote and Apocalypto which it could not crack apparently. I'm using good quality DVDs, I upgraded my RAM to 2 MB which did not help (I didn't know the AnyDVD specs at first and was not using enough RAM, but it made no difference) Now I'm at the end of my trial and my ropes! What do I do? Buy something that is not giving me results or give up on my project? And to boot...I cannot open the price list. I've never had trouble with a pdf file before. Please give advice! thank you.

sorry about the paperclip

I meant to include I clicked on the paperclip but it opened a window I didn't know what to do with....trying to stick to the forum rules.....

taft

Pay close attention to step 3. If after doing step 3, you still get a "disc is too big" or whatever message for Shrink, you can typically ignore it.

Pixellation is often due to using crap blank discs and the wrong burn speed.
Use an 8x or 12 burn speed when using 16x rated blank media. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=549 to see what blank media you should be using.

1. Use Anydvd 6.5.3.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6534.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you're not using Clonedvd, Clonecd, DVD Rebuilder, DVDNextCopy, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections properly, then right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.2: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2922.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

E. What blank media are you using? Specify
  • brand name
  • type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, ...),
  • media code (I really want this),
  • capacity/size,
  • batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and
  • country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).
If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

G. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Last edited:
I'm using good quality DVDs

mmmm

Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan = not good). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

For +R DL blank media, use Verbatim made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

General Advice

• Update your burner's firmware (if available).

• Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell not made in Japan are not good quality media). If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.
    • Use Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), and Maxell Broadcast Quality for single layer backups.
    • Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x for double layer blank media.
    • Don't use -R DL (useless format).

• Set your drive's region code if it's not set already.
    • Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    • Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    • Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    • Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    • Click "properties".
    • You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    • Select the region that you're in
    • Start Anydvd

• If you were burning at max. speed, try lowering your burn speed (if you're using 16x rated blank media, do not burn below 4x).

• If you are using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "DVD-ROM" (see step 3 in article "How to burn a simple backup with CloneDVD2" for details).

• Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs if using poor quality media (try using a custom disc size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using if you're using low quality single layer blank media) and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore instead, and change the booktype to "DVD-ROM").

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I am printing all this out to keep as a guide, although I knew what i was doing with Shrink and Roxio, Clone dvd is something new to me. And I plan to buy some new blanks tomorrow as I have Maxell but I am certain they are not the ones you recommend. I am thinking positive and hoping for the best!

taft :eek:

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I am printing all this out to keep as a guide, although I knew what i was doing with Shrink and Roxio, Clone dvd is something new to me. And I plan to buy some new blanks tomorrow as I have Maxell but I am certain they are not the ones you recommend. I am thinking positive and hoping for the best!

taft :eek:

If you're in the U.S., Newegg.com sells Verbatim Datalife Plus.

www.supermediastore.com sells Taiyo Yuden (don't buy Valuline, Trublu, or playo, only because I don't know what playo is)

Don't burn at 16x to 16x rated blank media. Use a 12x or 8x burn speed.

If you have a very old dvd burner, don't buy 16x rated media. In other words, buy 8x rated media if your burner doesn't support 16x burn speeds.

Again . . .

If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

Last edited:
Burned DVDs skipping, hesitating when played

I'm very frustrated and disappointed and maybe someone can help me out with a clue as to solving my problem. I am buying the good quality (expensive) media +R as recommended in this forum. I run the original dvds thru AnyDVD, then I use DVD Shrink, and I burn with Roxio 7. Some, well, "very few" of the burned discs are fine; but most playback with hesitation, momentary freezing and skipping. So I started taking my burned dvd movie and running it again from scratch, thru AnyDVD, Shrink and burn again. I figured AnyDVD may correct these errors and sometimes it does. Of course, I have to use double the expensive dvds and double the time it should take. Most of the time it does not correct the errors, but it seemed to be the only solution I could come up with to end up with a possibly viewable copy. It's impossible and a disappointing experience to try to watch
a movie that keeps pausing.
On another note, RealPlayer Plus, which I only use when I want to burn downloaded clips from YouTube since that is where they download to, is doing the same thing now. I had previously burned 1-2 clips with no problem playback. Now I burned 1 clip and had to correct it through AnyDVD also ane then it played fine. I made a multiple video compilation in RealPlayer with their maximum 80 min. of burning and the whole dvd is hesitating, skipping, pausing. I ran this one thru AnyDVD also but haven't had the heart to watch it yet and test.
I do have the latest version of AnyDVD, but I found, when I very first started burning when I had DVDDecrypter that this problem did not occur. Not to knock AnyDVD in any way. It' just that Decrypter went kablooey on me one day and started malfunctioning. I could never download it to work again. My friend who introduced me to burning still has DVDDecrypter working fine and never has a problem going from that to DVD Shrink and Roxio 7 to burn.

This forum has been so helpful to me in the past that I am hopeful someone will recognize the problem I am experiencing and know what I can do to correct it. Or maybe I just have bad luck and bad karma for trying to burn copies!

taft

a bit more info on my process

In writing my problem with movies and programs hesitating, pausing...etc...I did mean to mention that I do rip everything to hard drive first using AnyDVD. Hope this info helps you to help me!

taft

I figured AnyDVD may correct these errors and sometimes it does.

No. It doesn't.

This is a burn issue, and Anydvd has nothing to do with burning.

On another note, RealPlayer Plus, which I only use when I want to burn downloaded clips from YouTube since that is where they download to, is doing the same thing now. I had previously burned 1-2 clips with no problem playback. Now I burned 1 clip and had to correct it through AnyDVD also ane then it played fine.

No. Anydvd has nothing to do with your downloaded video.

Your problem has nothing to do with Anydvd. You're having burning issues.

Last edited:
In writing my problem with movies and programs hesitating, pausing...etc...I did mean to mention that I do rip everything to hard drive first using AnyDVD. Hope this info helps you to help me!

taft

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing, please. Click the link in my signature, and read fully. Thank you

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing, please. Click the link in my signature, and read fully. Thank you

If you want help go through all the steps listed in post #3 in this thread (and provide the requested information).

a little more help please

Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what could be the problem with my burning. I definitely know you cannot help me with Roxio but are you suggesting its my burn speed, I'm using 8x. Can you give me any clue as to my burning issue. I am so new to this. Then maybe I can look up Roxio help. You seem to be sure it's the burning and I don't see where I could be going wrong.

thanks so much.

taft

Suggestions for more help?

Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what could be the problem with my burning. I definitely know you cannot help me with Roxio but are you suggesting its my burn speed, I'm using 8x. Can you give me any clue as to my burning issue. I am so new to this. Then maybe I can look up Roxio help. You seem to be sure it's the burning and I don't see where I could be going wrong.

thanks so much.

taft

If you want help, I need you to go through the steps I listed in post #3 in this thread--and also to provide the information that I requested. If you don't provide me with the information that I requested, then I find myself in a position where I am simply unable to help.

In particular, do steps 1,2,3, 6A, 6E, and 6G.

Taft,

You've got the right idea, but your problem is when you burn.. I'd recommend canning Roxio and using ImgBurn (a freeware program) instead.

Dvd Shrink is a great program for backing up a commercial DVD to a single layer disc but as you probably already know, it hasn't been updated in years..

AnyDVD gets the disc ready for Shrink by removing all the encryption and other crap, and as you've mentioned you're using the built-in ripper to get the files to your HDD before using Shrink..

Shrink originally used a program called DVD Decrypter to burn to disc (it also provided the decryption process).. But like Shrink, DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated (due to the fact it did remove encryption), but the author re-issued without the decryption process as ImgBurn (which is still updated -- the last version just came out yesterday).. If you check the DVD Shrink Forum at afterdawn.com, you'll find a link for a version of DVD Shrink that will auto-burn with ImgBurn... or just use Shrink as normal, output to .iso on your HDD and use ImgBurn to burn image to disc.

I think you'll be very pleased with the results as you're already using quality media.. and make sure to not burn over 1/2 the rated speed of the disc (or your optical drive --maybe try 4X).. I've backed up hundreds of DVD's using AnyDVD to unecrypt and rip to my HDD, then DVD Shrink and ImgBurn and so far all have played just fine.

I run the original dvds thru AnyDVD, then I use DVD Shrink, and I burn with Roxio 7.

I would like to see your results with clonedvd2, its pretty easy once you have the disc inside the drive run clonedvd 2 > choose the second option " clone dvd" look for your drive hit next couple times until it starts to read it and burn them.

Also burn at 4x and get TY its very good blank disc i get these

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-white-inkjet-printable-8x-dvd-r-media-100.html

and burnt hundreds of dvds of my collection.

Also are your disc scratched up?

webslinger do you know what this media is? http://www.supermediastore.com/taiy...al-hub-printable-for-everest.html#description

everest certified????

and thermal what that?

is it still printabl with the epson white ink lables?

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestions

I want to especially thank Joleca and Gus for the suggestions. I signed up for the CloneDVD but lost my entire trial period due to my mother's illness. Guess I'll have to subscribe to it and give it a go.

Roxio would not help me because it's an old version and MOSTLY because during a live chat they got the idea i was trying to burn copyrighted material. They immediately disconnected me cos of that. DUH!!!!!!!!

Can't understand though why my friend still uses DVD Decrypter and Roxio just like she taught me and she never has a problem :((((((

taft

everest certified????

and thermal what that?

That's a reference to the Rimage Everest Thermal printer:
http://www.supermediastore.com/rimage-everest-ii-stand-alone-dvd-cd-thermal-inkjet-printer.html

is it still printabl with the epson white ink lables?

Never use stick on labels. They cause all sorts of problems.

This is off-topic discussion. Do not continue asking me questions about blank media in other people's troubleshooting threads please.

Edit: You can continue your conversation about blank media here: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Last edited:
Back