• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] HBOMax Provider Setup Failed

ChuckH

Since yesterday, I have been having issues with HBOMax. Yesterday, about 50% of the time, I would get an error when switching to the HBOMax tab. The setup bar would get stuck at 25%, then I would get a "Provider Setup Failed" button pop up. Restarting would usually fix it. That was on the previous stable version. This morning, it was happening 100% of the time. I upgraded to 1.3.6.0 and it was still happening. Of course, as soon as I started to write this, I was able to get it to work, but it is still happening sometimes. I tried disabling the popup blocker on Firefox. That did not help. I don't use Chrome.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.6.0.astlog
    1.1 KB · Views: 3
Since yesterday, I have been having issues with HBOMax. Yesterday, about 50% of the time, I would get an error when switching to the HBOMax tab. The setup bar would get stuck at 25%, then I would get a "Provider Setup Failed" button pop up. Restarting would usually fix it. That was on the previous stable version. This morning, it was happening 100% of the time. I upgraded to 1.3.6.0 and it was still happening. Of course, as soon as I started to write this, I was able to get it to work, but it is still happening sometimes. I tried disabling the popup blocker on Firefox. That did not help. I don't use Chrome.
First time hearing of this but we are working on the app so m, so maybe it's just for the time being, I will send your log file to the developers.

That logfile is not complete, we need a proper logfile to see errors. according to what your logfile says, you never used the program and never downloaded anything.

Firefox is very restrictive, maybe try Chrome.

That is the log that I was able to create when the provide setup failed in AS. AS was not able to completely load HBOMax when I made the log and I don't think a log from when it correctly loads would tell you anything. I only mentioned using Firefox because I thought I remembered hearing that AS was Chrome based. Since I don't use Chrome, there aren't any Chrome plug ins.

I don't think a log from when it correctly loads would tell you anything.
Why don't you let me decide that? If you want help, I need to see a log file. If you think its okay, then I dont.

I only mentioned using Firefox because I thought I remembered hearing that AS was Chrome based. Since I don't use Chrome, there aren't any Chrome plug ins.
That is true, the Amz part is based on Chrome. However, it does not matter what you do on your browser. Only when you use certain network things like Pi-Hole you might have to check them if you have any issues.

About the logfile, that probably is NOT incomplete (again): If the user created the log after the issue occured, everything is fine. However, not everything is written into the text log. Remember, there are encryptet parts that only the devs can use. So his issue might be hidden there.

Why don't you let me decide that? If you want help, I need to see a log file. If you think its okay, then I dont.
Like I said, that is the log that I created when the setup failed. I can't create a log as it is trying to load and once it fails, that is the only log that can be created.

Like I said, that is the log that I created when the setup failed. I can't create a log as it is trying to load and once it fails, that is the only log that can be created.
Prior events are always logged. But I will respect your decision not to provide the proper log file.

It is not my decision. How do I create a log if there is an error on launch? The only way I know how is to select "create log" from the menu after the fact. There was no log that was automatically created, that I saw.

Look at the GUI. In the upper left-hand corner you will see the word file FILE. Press it. You will see create log file. Create it. Upload it to the forum. Thank you

I tried disabling the popup blocker on Firefox. That did not help. I don't use Chrome.

I want to clarify this, because I frequently see people trying to fix things in AnyStream by messing with the browsers:
AnyStream is 100% entirely independent of any browser you have installed or even whether your system has a browser all.
It's been one of our major design goals to make sure, the software is completely self-contained. We even attempt to keep use of DLLs to a minimum for that reason.
Because we don't want the nightmare of going through a users system every time there seems to be a mysterious, exotic problem, that might be due to some update or downgrade of a component used directly or indirectly by our software.

AnyStream is not based on Chrome. It is based on Chromium, which is not the same thing.
Chromium is the core browser component built into many popular browsers, including Chrome, Brave and MS Edge (since a while ago).
Plugins added to your installed browsers have no effect on AnyStream.

Look at the GUI. In the upper left-hand corner you will see the word file FILE. Press it. You will see create log file. Create it. Upload it to the forum. Thank you
I believe, that is exactly what he did.
The log is tiny, because he simply didn't get very far.

Remember, there are encrypted parts that only the devs can use. So his issue might be hidden there.
That is correct, there are certain logged elements, that are encrypted, because they can potentially contain personal information like a user id.

But in this case here, the log file contains an unencrypted line
00:00:28.273 - [Error] [hbomax] Request timed out: https://play.hbomax.com/js/app.js
Where AnyStream gave up after 25 seconds waiting.

Any idea what might be causing your connection to HBO's servers to be a bit unreliable?

Any idea what might be causing your connection to HBO's servers to be a bit unreliable?
Thanks Pete.

I do not. I have noticed that when it happens, the loading progress bar is always at 25%. And I have not been having any issues with the other providers, only HBO's.

Thanks Pete.

I do not. I have noticed that when it happens, the loading progress bar is always at 25%. And I have not been having any issues with the other providers, only HBO's.
Try the new version.
Download 64bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.3.6.1_64bit.exe

Download 32bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.3.6.1_32bit.exe

Changelog AnyStream

1.3.6.1 beta 2022-05-27
  • Fix: Paramount search results, sometimes seasons were not found
  • Fix: HBO occasional Recaptcha failure during login possibly less likely

Back