Remove User Prohibited Operations not working

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Sabertooth, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Well-Known Member

Some time ago, I ripped this Doctor Who disk and I was able to skip ahead or fast forward the trailers. When I ripped the same disk recently, I can't do that any longer so it seems the Remove Feature: User Prohibited Operations isn't working. I tried several disks after detecting the problem and none are working like the older rips where I can skip or FF.

Attached Files:

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. UOPs are removed just fine. How do you play the discs? Can you try with a licensed Windows player, e.g. PowerDVD? (No need to rip, just insert the original disc)

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I just rip the Main Movie myself. I NEVER have that issue - LOL

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

I vaguely remember someone saying on the forum (don't know if it was you or Pete) that a 'next chapter' or something like an 'end clip marker' is required to be able to skip stuff. For example even with UOP's enabled if the trailer lacked a 'next chapter' at the end, skipping wouldn't be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

I have encountered cases where removing UPO's didn't "work." You couldn't fast forward through the video or skip the chapter. What Ch3vr0n said may have been why. I never investigated it too much. I generally only care about UPO's when it comes to previews at the start of a disc, which I tend to remove anyway with DVDReMake, so, I generally don't care about them. :)

6. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Well-Known Member

I'll try to find some better examples when I have more free time to go thru some of the discs I have (I'm house painting at the moment). I'm able to FF but not skip with the disk posted but one I ripped today couldn't do either. In the latest case (for another different Dr Who episode), the older rip was a different build/master of the same content (both discs look the same and have the same menu content but a PAR set of the older one shows they are different). This newer version can't be FF or skipped but the older version can be.

Shouldn't a skip still move to the next chapter point regardless of where it is unless it's prohibited? The older rips were poorly mastered by BBC but I can skip and FF. The newer ones which seem better mastered don't work.

Attached Files:

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It should, if there is one. Problem is, some trailers or copy right crap done always have one or are single frames, displayed for x seconds. Can't skip to the end of something, if no end is defined, can you

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk