• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove User Prohibited Operations not working

Sabertooth

Some time ago, I ripped this Doctor Who disk and I was able to skip ahead or fast forward the trailers. When I ripped the same disk recently, I can't do that any longer so it seems the Remove Feature: User Prohibited Operations isn't working. I tried several disks after detecting the problem and none are working like the older rips where I can skip or FF.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_G_1000115593.ziplog
    152.3 KB · Views: 1
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. UOPs are removed just fine. How do you play the discs? Can you try with a licensed Windows player, e.g. PowerDVD? (No need to rip, just insert the original disc)

I just rip the Main Movie myself. I NEVER have that issue - LOL

I vaguely remember someone saying on the forum (don't know if it was you or Pete) that a 'next chapter' or something like an 'end clip marker' is required to be able to skip stuff. For example even with UOP's enabled if the trailer lacked a 'next chapter' at the end, skipping wouldn't be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have encountered cases where removing UPO's didn't "work." You couldn't fast forward through the video or skip the chapter. What Ch3vr0n said may have been why. I never investigated it too much. I generally only care about UPO's when it comes to previews at the start of a disc, which I tend to remove anyway with DVDReMake, so, I generally don't care about them. :)

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. UOPs are removed just fine. How do you play the discs? Can you try with a licensed Windows player, e.g. PowerDVD? (No need to rip, just insert the original disc)
I'll try to find some better examples when I have more free time to go thru some of the discs I have (I'm house painting at the moment). I'm able to FF but not skip with the disk posted but one I ripped today couldn't do either. In the latest case (for another different Dr Who episode), the older rip was a different build/master of the same content (both discs look the same and have the same menu content but a PAR set of the older one shows they are different). This newer version can't be FF or skipped but the older version can be.

I vaguely remember someone saying on the forum (don't know if it was you or Pete) that a 'next chapter' or something like an 'end clip marker' is required to be able to skip stuff. For example even with UOP's enabled if the trailer lacked a 'next chapter' at the end, skipping wouldn't be possible.
Shouldn't a skip still move to the next chapter point regardless of where it is unless it's prohibited? The older rips were poorly mastered by BBC but I can skip and FF. The newer ones which seem better mastered don't work.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_J_1000296788.ziplog
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
I'll try to find some better examples when I have more free time to go thru some of the discs I have (I'm house painting at the moment). I'm able to FF but not skip with the disk posted but one I ripped today couldn't do either. In the latest case (for another different Dr Who episode), the older rip was a different build/master of the same content (both discs look the same and have the same menu content but a PAR set of the older one shows they are different). This newer version can't be FF or skipped but the older version can be.

Shouldn't a skip still move to the next chapter point regardless of where it is unless it's prohibited? The older rips were poorly mastered by BBC but I can skip and FF. The newer ones which seem better mastered don't work.
It should, if there is one. Problem is, some trailers or copy right crap done always have one or are single frames, displayed for x seconds. Can't skip to the end of something, if no end is defined, can you

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back