• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock is sounding fantastic

now...if SlyPlayer could do gapless :rock:

You haven't found a directshow player that will play audio tracks back gaplessly?

I need a player that will do that.

I'm using Foobar (with it's Convolver plugin, and Wasaps) as (other than WMP), it's the only thing I've found that plays seamlessly.

I'd rather not re-rip all my audio as complete disc flac with cuesheet....it's too late now, they are all wma lossless tracks done by WMP (which my wife can use).

It's really difficult to find such a player as the gapless audio playback needs to be designed in the player from the start so the player probably would need to have its own splitter(s) that would open the next file and treat the audio as continuous. Not easy (impossible?) to do with file-based DirectShow players.

Not easy (impossible?) to do with file-based DirectShow players.
MPC does seamless playback on BD M2TS files AFAIK(KMP has been doing it for years on all video files), so doing it for audio would be trivial for a skilled coder....but skilled coders don't work for free, hence the lack of serious development on MPC-HC.

The more it goes the more I prefer closed source software anyway, it avoids having random ppl doing silly modifications(like that albain guy is currently doing on ffdshow to make it look good in his own donationware Media Center plugin), and closed source means that one single guy does what HE wants...and he can always sell it in the end, like ogo did for Reclock or kyh for KMP. I'm glad madshi doesn't do GPL.

...like that albain guy is currently doing on ffdshow
I thought he is french. You should talk with him in french anyway 8)

Gapless... You guys have such albums a lot? Why don't just join the tracks? Some special tracks if you wish.

No problem, I'm using a fine gapless player, it's just not DirectShow based. ;)

Of course leeperry I said impossible because most players focus on single-file playback (after all, most people play single tracks they illegally downloaded in shuffle mode...). Your M2TS in MPC example is perfect: it opens a playlist first and considers it as a single seamless media, instead of considering a playlist like a succession of independent files as most DirectShow players do.
Nice to know KMP can do that. I kinda don't see the point for videos though (except M2TS on BDs of course). :confused:

Interesting point on open source. I am glad some programs are (MediaPortal for example, because it's now a mix shit/pure gold thanks to open source and it's worth it just for the pure gold parts, because it would just be shit in closed source form).

What did albain do that was bad for ffdshow exactly? Depends on how you see it: if it doesn't break anything, why not enhance it so that it works better with MCE. I would love to see a high-ranked MediaPortal developer get interested in ReClock for example. :D

Gapless... You guys have such albums a lot? Why don't just join the tracks? Some special tracks if you wish.
many albums are gapless like Bjork's Homogenic for instance. I can't stand glitches in gapless albums, the same way I can't stand dropped frames in movies :D
Nice to know KMP can do that. I kinda don't see the point for videos though (except M2TS on BDs of course). :confused:

What did albain do that was bad for ffdshow exactly? Depends on how you see it: if it doesn't break anything, why not enhance it so that it works better with MCE. I would love to see a high-ranked MediaPortal developer get interested in ReClock for example. :D
1) KMP does seamless playback on up to 100 files, be it WMV/AVI/MKV/MPG/M2TS...it's handy for tv shows, demos, split movies, etc etc

2) He added a lot of stupid useless submenus...you can't click on ffdshow audio/video directly in the filters list anymore, you have to wait for the submenu to show up and click on "Setup"....it's a feature:

moron.png

and he's the only active ffdshow coder, so he's a living god on doom9...even when he does retarded **** like this to make ffdshow look good in his own Media Center plugin.

I thought he is french. You should talk with him in french anyway 8)

Almost all of my CDs are ambient electronica. They all play through the track joins without stopping.

I rip them using WMP Lossless. 99% of the time, we listen using WMP, using the "PC Speakers" (DIY Focal bookshelves on PC desk + sub). This is background music.

My wife can use (and rip) using WMP, and it has a nice media library with images.

I don't care at all about audio quality in this instance. But yes, WMP plays gapless.

WMP is staying. For WAF reasons.

1% of the time I listen using my HT. Fully active Focal speakers with Infinite Baffle sub (4 x 15" Tempest woofers).

This is when I care. I aint reripping all my audio as one big flac file with a cuelist. Too much work.

At the moment I am using Foobar (wasapi) with the Foobar Convolver plugin for room correction.

But I would prefer to use Reclock (wasapi) with a filter called "Convolver plugin" for the room correction.

Was there a directshow player that will do what I want? I only want gapless audio. Don't care about gapless video (I basically only watch bluray in the HT).

Cheers

Mark

Mark,
both answers are no, sorry. I'm in definitely different situation.
i don't need any room correction, so i don't dig in it. And if you're have a lot gapless music stored in tracks i'm afraid there is no gapless solution for ReClock.
I personally prefer some jazz and blues stored in CD images. They are played back gapless even i don't mach care about. Actually, i don't even care to use some KMP for CUE sheet support.

Back