• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock is sounding fantastic

watashi wa nihongo o-benkyo shimasu...but that's pretty much it :D

either XXHighEnd or cPlay's coder(can't recall which one) said that ASIO had a very specific color..that he really hated :eek:

ASIO4ALL is a great piece of software! you get KS in a sheep's clothes hah :D

There's an audio forum where ppl talk about drivers engineering, and they're all pretty amazed by how well ASIO4ALL works...it allows to use KS on many cards that were really not meant to.

there's many cards that will do KS on XP using ASIO4ALL, but will give BSOD's if you try KS in Reclock or foobar.

if Reclock supported ASIO, I would have bought this interface: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/teradak-teralink-x2-released-19-1-10-a-468872/

it also works w/ ASIO4ALL, but not plain KS in foobar or Reclock on XP.

Well, Vista/W7 force you to set a fixed sample rate for each audio device..XP does not, and the VIA generic/Musiland Monitor drivers carry an "auto SR" button on XP, but not on Vista/W7...so I'm not sure that W7 is only an improvement w/o any drawback.

also, a friend of mine on head-fi.org used to hear a drastic diff. between foobar and Reclock on Vista...but not on W7 anymore? in a good or in a bad way remains to be seen.

Last edited:
watashi wa nihongo o-benkyo shimasu...but that's pretty much it :D

either XXHighEnd or cPlay's coder(can't recall which one) said that ASIO had a very specific color..that he really hated :eek:

ASIO4ALL is a great piece of software! you get KS in a sheep's clothes hah :D

There's an audio forum where ppl talk about drivers engineering, and they're all pretty amazed by how well ASIO4ALL works...it allows to use KS on many cards that were really not meant to.

there's many cards that will do KS on XP using ASIO4ALL, but will give BSOD's if you try KS in Reclock or foobar.

if Reclock supported ASIO, I would have bought this interface: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/teradak-teralink-x2-released-19-1-10-a-468872/

it also works w/ ASIO4ALL, but not plain KS in foobar or Reclock on XP.

Well, Vista/W7 force you to set a fixed sample rate for each audio device..XP does not, and the VIA generic/Musiland Monitor drivers carry an "auto SR" button XP, but not on Vista/W7...so I'm not sure that W7 is only an improvement w/o any drawback.

also, a friend of mine on head-fi.org used to hear a drastic diff. between foobar and Reclock on Vista...but not on W7 anymore? in a good or in a bad way remains to be seen.

Yeah I said the same thing about ASIO as the other guys some 5-6+ years ago when Otachan made a plugin for Foobar. Pre XXHighend / Vista days....

Way back then I used KS on an XP machine.

Yes, things do sound a 'bit' different on Vista and W7 for some reason. I have a couple of DAC's I am auditioning to see which one I might buy. Here is a link to my page http://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/

Very VERY interesting Player.....I'm going to have to do some serious listening on my main system.
yes, uLilith is really awesome! there's still a few bugs like:
-APE/FLAC/WV files w/ ID3v2 tags don't play(it's actually out of specs, EAC's fault!)
-VST plugins don't remember their settings after you close the player

but its coder told me that it'd be fixed next month...and one good thing in that player is that the whole audio pipeline works in 64bit float(lossy audio/DSP/VST plugins/volume attenuation), and well....it just sounds really really good to my ears w/ASIO4ALL, and it plays everything gapless :agree:

I also like the fact that when you seek it does a short fade in/fade out, I wish Reclock were doing this...it just feels very professional.

anyway, I'm a SONY fanboy...Japanese audio stuff is always full of surprises 8)
Yes, things do sound a 'bit' different on Vista and W7 for some reason. I have a couple of DAC's I am auditioning to see which one I might buy. Here is a link to my page http://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/
nice site, I'll look into it!

well, I've just ordered a whole bunch of new equipment to feed my Sony MDR-CD3000 headphones:

-this DAC(I will replace the LM4562NA LPF opamp by 2*AD7797BR on an adapter) http://www.audiophileproducts.com/spitfire
-its discrete linear regulated PSU: http://www.audiophileproducts.com/supplier
-this headphones amp: http://www.bursonaudio.com/burson_headamp_160.htm
-using this toslink cable made of 280 strands of glass optical fiber: http://www.shinkin.com.tw/product/tos_tos_glass.aspx
-and because the headphones amp has a very inaccurate stepped attenuator, I will use this on uLilith's volume control(using 2 hotkeys in its config): http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate

hopefully, it's gonna sound damn good!

Last edited:
from your site: http://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/software-for-audio
I have found that KMPlayer with ReClock rivals any player around for Windows. The lows reach deeper, the music is more organic than Foobar for example, and the highs are extended without being harsh....very airy. But most notably the sound stage is fantastic.
glad we came to the same conclusions! and I'd dare to say that uLilith is even better than Reclock for music, as it sounds very analog to me...and it does gapless audio too, even on mp3. That's the biggest drawback of Reclock for music :(

I can't be hassled to try cPlay as it doesn't have a GUI, and XXHighEnd's GUI is quite unbearable to me...plus it won't play any audio whatever I do, and it costs $100 so forget it.

Last edited:
from your site: http://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/software-for-audio

glad we came to the same conclusions! and I'd dare to say that uLilith is even better than Reclock for music, as it sounds very analog to me...and it does gapless audio too, even on mp3. That's the biggest drawback of Reclock for music :(

I can't be hassled to try cPlay as it doesn't have a GUI, and XXHighEnd's GUI is quite unbearable to me...plus it won't play any audio whatever I do, and it costs $100 so forget it.

cPlay sounds good, even great but with each version the sound shifts around a bit...kinda like the many flavors of ASIO. I think Cics is one of those people who is trying to wear two hats, one of an Audiophile and one of a Coder. The thing is writing code can make someone even more obsessive compulsive than being an Audiophile. He is trying to make something perfect in the code/numbers sense of the word.

Anyways glad you told me about uLilith, I think I will try to contact the developer and see if I can help in one way or another. One thing it needs a better GUI, it also needs full English menus etc. and .aac support wouldn't hurt either. I think it can accept Winamp plugins so maybe its just a matter of doing that...

I think your new gear should sound outstanding, nice choices.8)

did you try my resource file? it feels like proper english to me, I spent a lot of time asking him about the true meaning of each option to make it as clear as possible.

he told me that ALAC/AAC couldn't be implemented because they're closed source..

what I miss in his player is a custom coeffs mixing matrix, as I like to downmix 5.1 audio to surround stereo(for headphones use)...and this can only be done in foobar and ffdshow atm :(

I only have a bunch of 5.1 lossless files I really like, so I think I'll just downmix them w/ ffdshow in Graphedit in 32float, and play the downmixed files in ulilith...problem solved!

anyway, his player sounds mind blowing to me :eek:

I'm currently using Dogbert's CMI8768 drivers(that you also linked on your site)...down the road I'll switch to a M2Tech Hiface I guess..

Last edited:
did you try my resource file? it feels like proper english to me, I spent a lot of time asking him about the true meaning of each option to make it as clear as possible.

How can I use the resource file?

How can I use the resource file?
copy the file attached to this post in \uLilith\Common\

and if I don't like the Spitfire 2009, I'll get a V-DAC...it also has a rollable opamp, so it'd get the AD797 treatment.

Attachments

• Resource0x0409.zip
    33 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
copy the file attached to this post in \uLilith\Common\

and if I don't like the Sptifire 2009, I'll get a V-DAC...it also has a rollable opamp, so it'd get the AD797 treatment.

Ok thanks that did it:clap:

You are aware that the V-DAC is only 16bit right via USB right....24bit via SPDIF. I guess thats why you are looking into the HiFace.

Rolling opamps can be fun, otherwise you might want to consider the Valab DAC, no opamps, non-oversampling....just a few minor tweaks has put this DAC ahead of many $1K+ DACs I have owned, namely the LavryDA10, MDHT Havana DAC, and Apogee MiniDAC.

You are aware that the V-DAC is only 16bit right via USB right....24bit via SPDIF. I guess thats why you are looking into the HiFace.

Rolling opamps can be fun, otherwise you might want to consider the Valab DAC, no opamps, non-oversampling....just a few minor tweaks has put this DAC ahead of many $1K+ DACs I have owned, namely the LavryDA10, MDHT Havana DAC, and Apogee MiniDAC.
well, I've given up on USB...my cd3k is very sensitive and my computer is not connected to a grounded outlet, so it's a ground loop feast! toslink should offer a reliable galvanic isolation from the dirty computer ground :agree:

Dogbert's CMI8768 GPL drivers do 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz....but only in 16bit, and tbh I only listen to headphones at very low volume...so 24bit is not my biggest concern right now.

the nice thing about the Spitfire 2009 is that they also sell an optional linear regulated PSU...and I'm highly addicted to the AD797B opamp: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/au...ewed-OPA-earth-OPA-moon-OPA-sun-v-2-a-397691/

this chip is just amazing on headphones, and it throws audio at you on the X and Y axis simultaneously...even the top headamps from RSA run this opamp: http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/hr-2
The HR-2 is a high resolution headphone amplifier. It incorporates two state of the art AD797 audio IC’s—the best ever made.
getting the AD797B soundstage through the very impressive Burson HA-160 headamp should gimme the shivers, hopefully.

I'm not too convinced by the NOS principle: Upsampling vs. Oversampling for Digital Audio - Audioholics

running 8 crappy Philips DAC's from the 80's doesn't sound too appealing to me...but never say never! besides I heard that QC was quite bad on the valab units, and AD797 sounds as vynil as you could possibly get..w/o the crackles that is :D

Last edited:
I C you have done your homework.

I think you should be very pleased with the gear you picked out....

I think you should be very pleased with the gear you picked out
so far I like it! 64690369587192.gif

my cd3k is so dead easy to drive that I've simply plugged it to the line-out, and the SQ is actually pretty darn good(LM4562 shouldn't be under-estimated on a proper PSU, low end bass is amazing and so is SS)...I cannot go over 5% volume in uLilith.

but there's no volume control in KS over S/PDIF, so I'll be forced to use Reclock through KMixer...major bummer :(

but I'm feeding it w/ optical, so ground loops from the PC can go to hell! zozobar.gif

so whaddayasay about uLilith SQ?

PS: hah, great! KMixer sounds like crap and I get a loud pop when DS initializes...it doesn't happen w/ KS or ASIO..

Last edited:
so whaddayasay about uLilith SQ?

Lilith sounds great, but I think I still prefer KMPlayer. Maybe its a system synergy thing. It also could be due to the fact I can use my iTouch to control KMPlayer and it has everything else I use....

I think I go against the grain as far as Audio players are concerned with the "average" person who called them self an "Audiophile". Most people I know think XXHighend and cPlay are the absolute best for Windows and Foobar/JRiver coming a close second. Most won't even try KMPlayer...perhaps due to its non-Audiophile appearance. With Linux most say that Music Player Daemon is the absolute best, and it is nice esp because its client/server based. But I prefer ALSAPlayer, with specific settings. On a Mac of course everyone prefers the Great Amarra. With Play and iTunes coming next. But I like XBMC for Mac. Oh well.....8)

well, don't you disable the KMPlayer A/V transform filters? then MPC does the same job, but it opens much faster.

no gapless audio w/ Reclock, major PITA..and no volume control either..

BTW, it's possible to disable ASIO4ALL's tasktray icon..pretty cool!

How to disable system tray icon:

1.) Run "regedit" -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ASIO4ALL v2 by Wuschel/
There should be a number of sub keys, e.g. "AE42F7B3"... and a single "Defaults" one
2.) Under each of these sub keys (including "Defaults" ) change the "flags" value (if any) by adding "4" to it, e.
"0x00000000" becomes "0x00000004" and "0x80020000" becomes "0x80020004" ... and so on.
But do _not_ touch the "flags" in any sub key deeper down the hierarchy!

Last edited:
BTW, in uLilith's today update VST plugins should save their presets automatically...pretty cool!

c05f0669780253.gif

and the Spitfire DAC makes a loud glitch when I switch from 44.1 to 48 over toslink...but not the other way around, I'm sick and tired ** *** ****...computer audio is just a major PITA.

Last edited:
I must be missing somthing obvious here. How the hell do you load VST's in uLilith? In the settings there is no VST section??

BTW, in uLilith's today update VST plugins should save their presets automatically...pretty cool!

c05f0669780253.gif

and the Spitfire DAC makes a loud glitch when I switch from 44.1 to 48 over toslink...but not the other way around, I'm sick and tired ** *** ****...computer audio is just a major PITA.

Something is WRONG....my lilith doesnt look anything like yours....Plus I still get 90% Japanese text.

I want to give this thing a second shoot but I want to make sure I am doing things right. Are you downloading this from the Projeck9k site?

Back