• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.7

If that happens, probably your drivers aren't supporting WASAPI exclusive...
I don't think Windows does a fallback to "shared" mode, if "exclusive" fails. AFAIK if it fails, it fails (you hear nothing).
It is probably a volume control in hardware.

The Windows Master volume works in WASAPI mode.

(Speaker levels wouldn't work otherwise).

But when you are in WASAPI mode, the PLAYER volume won't work.

And if you try and play sounds with something else (browser, another player, etc), they will be silent, or give an error.

Wasapi does not bypass the main system volume control.

I don't think Windows does a fallback to "shared" mode, if "exclusive" fails. AFAIK if it fails, it fails (you hear nothing).
It is probably a volume control in hardware.

I don't know what happens, but with my onboard audio WASAPI exclusive does not bypass Windows volume control, but my RME FF400 does bypass it. So, I always thought that it might be something wrong with the way some drivers were implementing WASAPI exclusive, but I might be wrong...

Well personally I like being able to change the Windows volume when using WASAPI so no complaints there....

Hi James,

I have been playing some video clips that I once created for a charity event. I want to use them again. They are abnormal in the fact that they contain 1024 x 768 lossless video (using the uv lossless codec), 60fps flac audio. (wanted to keep rendered videos and audio quality as high as possible) :).

Basically there is always a difference of what sounds like about 0.5-2 seconds between audio and video with these large files, but I find this happens ONLY when "Slave reference clock to audio" is off.

When I enable that the audio / video is perfectly in sync. Without reclock its perfectly in sync again.

So the combination of reclock and slave reference clock to audio off seems to cause the audio mismatch. If interested in looking into this, please let me know any further details or logs you require. Thanks!! Image below of reclock doing its job while this clip is playing (out of sync).

Do you know some examples?
There a lot of pure 24.000 fps blu rays. I would say that 90% of movies released in hong kong are 24.000: Accident, Overheard, P.T.U, Sparrow, Vengeance, Breaking News.... also some european releases are 24.000 - Baader Meinhof Komplex comes to mind. These are all just of the top of my head....

And if you try and play sounds with something else (browser, another player, etc), they will be silent, or give an error.

Sorry but it is a false information.

WASAPI should bypass player's audio control and main system volume control.

Speaker levels work via your AVR.

I suppose none of you (who lives issues) set your AVR to DIRECT mode. (if you are really in WASAPI exclusive mode)

Last edited:
Sorry but it is a false information.

WASAPI should bypass player audio control and main system volume control.
indeed, proper KS/WASAPI exclusive mode should bypass ANY volume control and be automatically bit-matched...but poor little Mark_A_W runs an Asus soundcard, so bear w/ him :D

Last edited:
Enable Hardware Resampling

Is there a way to get the VBS script to cycle "Enable Hardware Resampling"? It is the only way I can get this to work on my system. When I start a movie I uncheck then check the box and everything works perfect. I have tried just about everything else. Thanks for the help.

I've run Asus and M-Audio cards and the volume control still works in Wasapi.

It's essential. I don't have a crappy AVR. I run an active crossover feeding Rotel Power amps straight off the soundcard, the windows volume is THE volume.

I've run Asus and M-Audio cards and the volume control still works in Wasapi.

It's essential. I don't have a crappy AVR. I run an active crossover feeding Rotel Power amps straight off the soundcard, the windows volume is THE volume.

In this case your power amps' volume control should be THE volume.
But your issue is " you can not get WASAPI"; dunno maybe it's a driver issue.

In this case your power amps' volume control should be THE volume.
But your issue is " you can not get WASAPI"; dunno maybe it's a driver issue.

Power amps don't have a volume control.

Wasapi is working just fine. The player volume doesn't work.

And if I set the soundcard drivers to the correct frequency, I don't get resampling. Just attenuation.

"you can not get WASAPI"; dunno maybe it's a driver issue.
consumer drivers are always a big failure for bit-perfect.

these are the latest generic VIA drivers for the Prodigy HD2: http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8822/wtfzz.png

you can see two "PCM SPDIF" sliders...yes sir! and it doesn't go through KMixer either, as I've disabled the WAVE sliders...so you can get KS exclusive that will bypass any volume control, but not stereo PCM SPDIF! how/why/when? SQ was ugly anyway.

you can also flash this card to use the more professional ESI EWDM drivers, and then stereo PCM SPDIF is finally bit-perfect(no volume control works whatsoever): http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5430/hd2z.png

but this is all peanuts compared to the Asus soundcards, as stereophile.com came to the conclusion that they were resampling everything to 48kHz anyway(yes, like on those old CL cards :p): http://www.stereophile.com/computeraudio/asus_xonar_essence_ststx_soundcards/
96 and 192kHz files were being downsampled to 48kHz, with spectral components higher than 48kHz aliased into the audioband.

I personally couldn't output 192kHz at all on XP w/ the Xonar ST/STX, all I got was a lot of static.

and Asus always feeds the same bs to angry customers: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Resampling with ASIO
We are now working on your issue. You can expect to see some ASIO related update in the nearly future.
that's what the Xonar PM told me in May 2009 :D

and they also feed bs about 124dB SNR, that doesn't make any sense WHATSOEVER: http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/multimedia/asus-d2.html
ASUS apparently fights Creative with the same marketing weapon - high SNR. Measured in the standard de factor, Audio Precision, the ASUS D2 demonstrates 118 dBA, while the Creative Elite Pro offers 116 dBA. In fact, SNR values above -100 dBA do not make practical sense. Such values are lower than quantization noise power of a 16 bit signal with TPDF (Triangular Probability Density Function). As no one has complained about noises in AudioCDs yet, high SNR for audio playback is overkill.

all their soundcards use the same unified drivers btw...they only change the PCIID in the .inf

Last edited:

When WASAPI is active the Windows master volume control works, the volume control of each inidividual program does NOT work and I can't play windows sounds or audio from other sources. So my conclusion would be that you're right. :)

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit on two machines, one with an ESI Juli@ soundcard and the other with an M-audio Revolution 7.1. Both work as described above in MPC-HC and Foobar2000 with WASAPI.

Last edited:
it's driver dependent, that's all...there's some drivers that don't run KS in exclusive mode, some do and leave the windows master volume control working, and some run KS in exclusive mode and disable each and every volume control(like the ICEnsemble Envy24HT drivers).

Ideally, you should look for a card that disables all volume controls, and use 64bit float attenuation in your favorite player(foobar/uLilith/Reclock one day? :D)

If your drivers still make the windows master volume working, you may wanna set it to 0dB(max?), and use digital attenuation in your player instead....because except for RME and other professional cards, you can rest assured that they're cutting corners when doing windows volume control(16int?).

you wanna use your soundcard drivers as a fixed 0dB line-out, not a preamp....well except if your amp doesn't have a volume control itself, yet it'd most likely sound better to attenuate the volume in 64bit float within your player...the more you bypass windows, the better it'll sound IMHO.

Last edited:
Right now I am using an analog connection from my soundcard to my AVR, but in the past I used the digital coaxial connection. Back then every single volume control was locked. I could only change volume on my AVR. Now with the analog connection on the same soundcard (M-audio Revolution 7.1) it's different. That makes me doubt it's all a driver issue. In my case the chosen connection (analog vs digital) seems to make the difference.

Back