• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.5

If you check the properties dialog, there are *two* PAL speeddown options. The first (good one) doesn't need timestretching (it plays PAL at 24/48fps, so pitch is correct), the second one does (it plays PAL at 25/50fps, but does pitch correction and timestretching).
Oh yeah. :eek:

Maybe they should have different names?!

"PAL Speeddown" and "PAL pitch correction"?

"Best" is "best", but I dare to say you won't hear much difference. "Best" uses a lot more CPU power, so it is unwise to use this as the default setting.
"Good" is really good, IMHO, and doesn't need as much CPU.

Ok, cheers James. As I have an i7 CPU, I think I can use "Best" option safety, don't you think?

By the way, when I watch mkv's @ 23.976 fps, and having the refresh rate configured @ 23.976 Hz too, why does Reclock adapt media to 24 fps (that's what it's showed in Reclock window)? Why doesn't it just keep the original 23.976 frame rate with no adaptation?

Last edited:
when I watch mkv's @ 23.976 fps, and having the refresh rate configured @ 23.976 Hz too, why does Reclock adapt media to 24 fps (that's what it's showed in Reclock window)? Why doesn't it just keep the original 23.976 frame rate with no adaptation?

It does, but the message it gives is misleading. The subject has already been discussed in this or in the TMT thread (I don't remember which).

I think it is safe to say, whatever ReClock adapts the frame rate to will be a fraction of the screen's refresh rate. For instance, my TV's 60Hz is actually 59.8 Hz, and so my 29.970 content is played back at 29.9fps.

In your case, perhaps it won't be exactly 23.976, but it will be the optimal number to your screen, say a touch faster or slower.

Ok, cheers James. As I have an i7 CPU, I think I can use "Best" option safety, don't you think?

By the way, when I watch mkv's @ 23.976 fps, and having the refresh rate configured @ 23.976 Hz too, why does Reclock adapt media to 24 fps (that's what it's showed in Reclock window)? Why doesn't it just keep the original 23.976 frame rate with no adaptation?
It does. The message is only there to confuse you. :D

I think it is safe to say, whatever ReClock adapts the frame rate to will be a fraction of the screen's refresh rate. For instance, my TV's 60Hz is actually 59.8 Hz, and so my 29.970 content is played back at 29.9fps.

In your case, perhaps it won't be exactly 23.976, but it will be the optimal number to your screen, say a touch faster or slower.

Correct. ReClock *wants* to play it at the correct 24fps (CINEMA speed!). If the display is set to 23.976 it will *try* to play it at 24fps (CINEMA speed!), but correct it to the actual refresh rate (23.976 fps in this case).

ReClock *wants* to play it at the correct 24fps (CINEMA speed!). If the display is set to 23.976 it will *try* to play it at 24fps (CINEMA speed!), but correct it to the actual refresh rate (23.976 fps in this case).
there is a vague denomination for this: "24p"

meaning that it can be 23.976 or 24fps...it tells you how the source was, not how it's been encoded or will be displayed...it'd make things far less confusing IMHO, but we all love Reclock complicated as it is anyway :D
Don't worry. 8 little zeroes won't do any harm.
who takes care of accounting at slysoft again?

Last edited:
there is a vague denomination for this: "24p"

meaning that it can be 23.976 or 24fps...it tells you how the source was, not how it's been encoded or will be displayed...it'd make things far less confusing IMHO
But Reclock already HAS a term it uses for this - CINEMA. It could just use that, as I suggested in 2008. James even uses it in his reply. As James said, "24Hz" is used purely to confuse!

I am using a ATI 5670 card with bitstreaming to my onkyo receiver and from the receiver to my display device. Software is TMT3 .170 and using the ATI HDMI driver.

When playing DTS-HD mstr blurays, it works perfectly, but when I am playing Dolby True HD I get audio dropouts. The clock icon also keeps flashing between green and red as if to try to sync.
I have tried different settings ("play at original speed with bitsream", force orginal speed) but all with the same result.

I have attached two screenshots, one of the configuration and one of the window when playing the bluray. It all looks ok to me, but each time the "audio correction drop" increases I get audio dropout. Any idea what could be wrong? (in the screenshot, I have forced the media to be 24fps, but also tried automatic, same result).

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 8
In both cases, 'movies are played faster or slower depending on frame rate and display frequency'. However, when timestretching is ticked and either 'whenslowingdown' or 'whenspeedingup' is also ticked, there will be (censored) of the audio, but while the (censored) of the audio will be corrected, it is also damaging to some of the other properties of the audio. ...but you probably won't notice said damage unless you're 'listening through a good quality surround system.'
'

Ok, thanks for trying to explain, but I don't really understand your comment (censored?). So what is the best setting for "audio timestretching" in terms of audio quality, and whats would be the disadvantages of whatever setting?
regards
mariachi76

Read the last few pages.

No question, timestretching is BAD for audio quality. The algorithms, of necessity, chop the sound up into chunks, then reassemble it and destroy much of the phase coherence in the process. It is a nasty process, much more destructive than normal resampling. However, it is the only option if you are playing back at a different speed to the original and you insist on having the correct pitch. It is up to you. The better option is to use Reclock to play at the original movie speed, if that is possible with your display.

Last edited:
But Reclock already HAS a term it uses for this - CINEMA.
well noone RTFM, noone knows that "CINEMA" means 24p.

if Reclock said "switching to CINEMA, and playback speed changed to 24p"...then it'd be crystal clear.

anyway, James likes it confusing...at least it makes newbies eager to learn :p

Maybe they should have different names?!

"PAL Speeddown" and "PAL pitch correction"?

At least, if you experts talk about settings, please name them as they are named in the Reclock software, so normal mortals understand what you are talking about and can easily set the best configuration. So, where do I find those two options?

Or maybe I better explain y setup first:
I live in PAL-Land, and have my ATI graphics card/TV/Projector set to 50 Hz (they dont support 24/48Hz). All sound is sent as PCM to my audio receiver. And I often watch blu rays (24 Hz) or other videos at 23.976 Hz.
So reclock speeds up blu rays and videos to 25 for stutter-free playback.
What is the best setting to achieve that with optimal audio quality? Again, it would help a lot if you name things as they are in reclock 1.8.6.5

Thanks for the help and best regards
mariachi76

Last edited:
Hi all :)

I post maybe an issue related to Reclock, but i'm not sure lol.
The issue is that i use Bitstream delay on FFDshow Audio Output to according the Video and Audio lipsync that i have in 24p.

If i set the delay (300ms for me, i have try with 1 ms) i don't have anysound output for bitstream Audio (DD, DTS) but i have sound for HD Bitstream sound like TrueHD, DTSMA etc. (if i set 0 ms -> it's ok)
I have setup in Wasapi mode and also in Directsound and waveout and it's the same.

If i disable Reclock Renderer the sound is here, so i think it's maybe an issue with Reclock.
Also when i play the sample DTS or DD, no sound out like i said, reclock detect all like it should, while the sample is play, i can launch foobar in wasapi mode too and i have the sound of my MP3.
So i don't know why,

Cheers,
And thanks for all :)
Seb.

Last edited:
So, where do I find those two options?

In Reclock properties (the window that appears clicking the Reclock icon):

- "PAL Speeddown" is the first "PAL SpeedDown (force to 24fps)" checkbox in Media adaptation. It is useful to play movies on a 24Hz capable display (it's not your case) slowing down them to 24fps (generally their native speed) and at the same time preventint chipmunk voices.

- "PAL pitch correction" (name proposed by Jong) is the second "PAL SpeedDown" checkbox in Sound adaptation. It is useful to play PAL movies or 23.976/24fps movies on a 50Hz only capable display, preventing chipmunk voices. It only does pitch correction, without slowing down (hence the name by Jong). It uses timestretching, corrupting the sound.

I live in PAL-Land, and have my ATI graphics card/TV/Projector set to 50 Hz (they dont support 24/48Hz). All sound is sent as PCM to my audio receiver. And I often watch blu rays (24 Hz) or other videos at 23.976 Hz.
So reclock speeds up blu rays and videos to 25 for stutter-free playback.
What is the best setting to achieve that with optimal audio quality? Again, it would help a lot if you name things as they are in reclock 1.8.6.5

It is the same situation as mine. I use Reclock to resample 23/24fps to 50Hz and don't use any of the two SpeedDown options. Of course, movies are accelerated by 4,2% and voices are hight-pitched, but I prefer this than timestrecthcing.

Looks like you **may** have solved an issue I was having with frequent but random hangs (requiring a hard rest) in DirectShow playback of stuff. I could find no commonality in the hangs except that the varioius filters lists would be built, video would appear but there was never any sound generated if it was going to hang (all had 16-bit sound). Early days but unchecking 16-Bit seems "wise" so far....

Finally someone else who has been experiancing the same hangs as me. I though I was the only one. On the down side though I did not have that 16-bit box ticked :(

In Reclock properties (the window that appears clicking the Reclock icon):

- "PAL Speeddown" is the first "PAL SpeedDown (force to 24fps)" checkbox in Media adaptation. It is useful to play movies on a 24Hz capable display (it's not your case) slowing down them to 24fps (generally their native speed) and at the same time preventint chipmunk voices.

- "PAL pitch correction" (name proposed by Jong) is the second "PAL SpeedDown" checkbox in Sound adaptation. It is useful to play PAL movies or 23.976/24fps movies on a 50Hz only capable display, preventing chipmunk voices. It only does pitch correction, without slowing down (hence the name by Jong). It uses timestretching, corrupting the sound.

It is the same situation as mine. I use Reclock to resample 23/24fps to 50Hz and don't use any of the two SpeedDown options. Of course, movies are accelerated by 4,2% and voices are hight-pitched, but I prefer this than timestrecthcing.

Hello Mike, thanks for making things clear. You helped me a lot. Is that also the way a movie producer adapts a 24fps movie to a PAL dvd?
Best regards
mariachi76

Back