• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.8

Is it possible AnyDVD HD is causing my problems with TMT3? It's awfully inconsistent, the smoothness of my playback.

I'm watching yet another episode this time, smoothly. I disabled and closed AnyDVD HD, which is what makes me think it's the cause.

I also read on the AVS forums, someone else having issues unless they closed and exited AnyDVDHD.

Resampler quality 4 is "excellent"? I wouldn't do that.

Any reason why you would recommend against it? I mean with all the audio purists around here, you would assume excellent is a given?

Any reason why you would recommend against it? I mean with all the audio purists around here, you would assume excellent is a given?

Simple... CPU load. With TMT2 playing back 7.1 24/96 True-HD CPU load went up to 98% on a 2.4 GHz Core2 Duo machine. Playing back a Blu-ray requires a little more than 2% of the CPU resources. :rolleyes:

Any chance anyone could tell me a bit more about the NoVista registry entry or tell me where I can find out more about it?

Any chance anyone could tell me a bit more about the NoVista registry entry or tell me where I can find out more about it?

It is a DWORD (32bit) reg value, which you either set to 0 or 1.

Resampler quality 4 is "excellent"? I wouldn't do that.
I know you say that but it works fine here.

Hmm, I don't see anything suspicious...
Apart from the failure to initialise on the second PDVD attempt, preumably!

So what do I do with this WASAPI problem (other than not use it!). Even if it is not caught in the log it is clear that MPC-HC keeps hold of the exclusive interface after closure yet PDVD does not :confused:

Last edited:
So what do I do with this WASAPI problem (other than not use it!). Even if it is not caught in the log it is clear that MPC-HC keeps hold of the exclusive interface after closure yet PDVD does not :confused:

I have no idea. :eek:

Confirmed the problem is still there with 1.8.6.0 :(

Rock solid and reproducebale. No other app, nor W7 itself can play sounds after Reclock has reserved WASAPI exclusive for MPC-HC, but MPC-HC continues to be able to use it however many times it is loaded and unloaded.

Confirmed the problem is still there with 1.8.6.0 :(

Rock solid and reproducebale. No other app, nor W7 itself can play sounds after Reclock has reserved WASAPI exclusive for MPC-HC, but MPC-HC continues to be able to use it however many times it is loaded and unloaded.

Must be a MPC-HC thing... :confused:

I'm not using that (if I did I could not use Reclock). I have tried directly connecting to Reclock (my usual method) and connecting to the system default and allowing Reclock to force its way in. Same result with both. I guess some change introduced to support that renderer might be messing things up.

Nope, tried a really old version of MPC-HC, way before the new renderer was about and the same problem occurs. :(

my proposition to update the manual still stands btw ;)

A guide/manual on how to achieve perfect 24.000000 timings with Nvidia cards would be appreciated. Closest i can get is 23.99989.. :bowdown:

how did you get so many digits after the coma? w/ an oscilloscope? :D

how much does Reclock report?

I usually check my refresh rate with MadVR, although the bloody renderer won't work tearfree in 24hz, so i don't use it as my main renderer for the moment. Anyway Reclock reports 24.000 so it's really as it should be, just wondering if there's a method to get it really perfect. ;)

Reclock reports 24.000 so it's really as it should be, just wondering if there's a method to get it really perfect. ;)
well, the graphic card's PLL has some major jitter(they don't quite use mil spec components), and DirectX doesn't know jack about the actual refresh rate that your graphic card outputs IRL...prolly when Reclock sees 24Hz, it's outputting something between 23.995 and 24.005.

I really wouldn't worry about all this, Reclock's job is to match what DirectX is willing to tell and sync the sound to match the video rate at the windows level...which is plain wrong anyway, and madVR does an outstanding job keeping it up to pace...better than any other VR IMHO.

Back