• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.8

another thing that could be improved IMHO is when resampling takes place or needs to catch up when you seek...all the soundcards I've tried up to now(and I tried a lot of them :D) were making loud crackles, but the ESI EWDM drivers I'm currently using make very soft artifacts...so this is indeed driver dependent(again), some sort of very quick fade out/fade in would be far more convenient if any doablekiss.gif

and sorry for asking, but is there a way you could let yesgrey3 have a look at the int>32fp Reclock code used to feed the resampler please?

What do you think he did when we were discussing the int->fp->int conversions?

What do you think he did when we were discussing the int->fp->int conversions?
I thought you were only discussing fp>int, and I thought I understood yesgrey telling me he didn't look at the int>fp code...I prolly misunderstood I guess, my bad!

I believe I have found the source of my frame drops when watching Rome on Blu-Ray in TMT3.

I was using Reclock's AC3 encoder to convert the DTS-HD Master Track (after TMT has downsampled it) to a 5.1 DD track. I was getting dropped frames randomly. Yet! if I watch it with PDVD8 I get butter smooth results.

I've now turned off the AC3 encoder and switched to DTS Connect on my soundcard, and now Rome is playing just as smoothly.

Thought I should bring this up, since I least suspected this to be the cause for my problems.

Is there something that can be done? Log file?

So do you want a log file James? ;)

So nice to get so much help, thanks a lot.
Have you tryed the "Force Reclock to be loaded..." option?
If that doesn't work, you need to consider other media players...

maybe there's room for improvement as well(2^15 yada yada)
I will tell you this one more time...:rolleyes:
The 2^15 thing you keep talking to is what we have done. As I already stated, I've tested the current conversions code and all are lossless. There is no way for us to improve what is lossless.;)

So do you want a log file James? ;)

What quality setting are you using for the resampler? What sample frequency?
Don't go higher than "very good". "Excellent" may use too much CPU cycles.

EDIT: Forget about the sample frequency, it is fixed at 48k for AC3 encoding.

The 2^15 thing you keep talking to is what we have done. As I already stated, I've tested the current conversions code and all are lossless. There is no way for us to improve what is lossless.;)
I'm quite sure you told me that the resampler was currently fed w/ all the values between -1/+1(instead of 2^15 as WingFeather advised), got it mixed up w/ the int>fp32 conversion :rolleyes: ..but no big deal, Reclock sounds great as it is anyway :agree:

Last edited:
James, I seen this option on reclock "set machin speaker configuration for pcm sound", can you explain this option please ?

I hear a better sound when this option is checked. (placebo ?)

What quality setting are you using for the resampler? What sample frequency?
Don't go higher than "very good". "Excellent" may use too much CPU cycles.

EDIT: Forget about the sample frequency, it is fixed at 48k for AC3 encoding.

I always use Very Good :)

The thing is, the same playback under PDVD8 once again using Reclock + AC3 Encoder results in smooth playback.

I'm pretty sure I'm not dreaming that TMT3 is smooth now with the AC3 encoder disabled. I will watch some more episodes later and try not to get too engrossed in the show so that I can pay attention to the brief and random dropping of frames! 8)

I'm quite sure you told me that the resampler was currently fed w/ all the values between -1/+1(instead of 2^15 as WingFeather advised)
Yes, but if I remember correctly WingFeather referred the 2^15 for the multiplier and not for the values. Doing math with values between [-1.0,1.0] or with values with [-2^15, 2^15], the errors would be exactly the same. The later only would be better in case the conversion to [-1.0,1.0] was not lossless. In our case, it is, so no need.;)

In our case, it is, so no need.;)
good point! anyhow I've dropped him a PM and sent him conversion_corr.cpp for review, I truly don't mean no disrespect but it's always good to get one more opinion otakonleboss.gif

a good benchmark for me is binaural rain/thunder scenes on headphones, and wow oh wow I've never heard it so creepy, loud and clear as in 32padded/192 on the tornado scene of "The Lucky ones"...it felt so live! when both the sound and software engineers match up, you'd better hold tight to your seat teddy%20boy.gif

the lossless track of "Identity" is also mind blowing...I'm always afraid to get my projector wet :D

Last edited:
I'm new to ReClock, after trying a few versions, I'm now trying 1.8.5.8
I mainly wanted to try it to use WASAPI exclusive mode, but I get an error every time:
ReClock InitializeWasapiClient
The audio format is not supported by the hardware / drive:
48000 samples/sec
16 bit PCM
6 channels
However, this exact format works correctly in WASAPI exclusive mode in another program I'm using.
I think it may have to do with the exact parameters used when initializing WASAPI. In my own program, I'm using the following:
Code:
	ZeroMemory(&wfxEx, sizeof(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE) ); 
	wfxEx.Format.wFormatTag      = (WORD)WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE; 
	wfxEx.Format.nChannels       = 6; 
	wfxEx.Format.nSamplesPerSec  = 48000; 
	wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample  = 16; 
	wfxEx.Format.nBlockAlign     = (WORD)(wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample / 8 * wfxEx.Format.nChannels);
	wfxEx.Format.nAvgBytesPerSec = (DWORD)(wfxEx.Format.nSamplesPerSec * wfxEx.Format.nBlockAlign);
	wfxEx.Format.cbSize = sizeof(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE) - sizeof(WAVEFORMATEX);
	wfxEx.dwChannelMask = 1551;
	wfxEx.Samples.wValidBitsPerSample = (WORD)wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample;
	wfxEx.SubFormat = KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM;

Is it possible that this is the reason it doesn't work, or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

I mainly wanted to try it to use WASAPI exclusive mode, but I get an error every time:

However, this exact format works correctly in WASAPI exclusive mode in another program I'm using.
I think it may have to do with the exact parameters used when initializing WASAPI. In my own program, I'm using the following:
Code:
	ZeroMemory(&wfxEx, sizeof(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE) ); 
	wfxEx.Format.wFormatTag      = (WORD)WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE; 
	wfxEx.Format.nChannels       = 6; 
	wfxEx.Format.nSamplesPerSec  = 48000; 
	wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample  = 16; 
	wfxEx.Format.nBlockAlign     = (WORD)(wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample / 8 * wfxEx.Format.nChannels);
	wfxEx.Format.nAvgBytesPerSec = (DWORD)(wfxEx.Format.nSamplesPerSec * wfxEx.Format.nBlockAlign);
	wfxEx.Format.cbSize = sizeof(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE) - sizeof(WAVEFORMATEX);
	wfxEx.Samples.wValidBitsPerSample = (WORD)wfxEx.Format.wBitsPerSample;
	wfxEx.SubFormat = KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_PCM;

Is it possible that this is the reason it doesn't work, or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

What channel mask is that?

Which hardware is this? Can you post a logfile, please?

I actually forgot how exactly I found the channel mask.
When you check msdn, you can find that it indicates left, right, center, sub-woofer, and side-left, side-right instead of back-left, back-right.
I think I read somewhere that it is not unusual for 5.1 to be indicated like this.

The device is a Hercules DJ Console (Mk1) actually.

Where can I find a log file from ReClock?

Edit: I think I found the channel mask by checking out the format returned by GetMixFormat to get the shared mode format.

I actually forgot how exactly I found the channel mask.
When you check msdn, you can find that it indicates left, right, center, sub-woofer, and side-left, side-right instead of back-left, back-right.
I think I read somewhere that it is not unusual for 5.1 to be indicated like this.

The device is a Hercules DJ Console (Mk1) actually.

Where can I find a log file from ReClock?

Edit: I think I found the channel mask by checking out the format returned by GetMixFormat to get the shared mode format.
I believe ReClock sends the same format as you do, so I have no idea why this shouldn't work.
The logfile is in your documents directory.

But your working program is using Wasapi exclusive, not shared?

Back