• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.8

I usually check my refresh rate with MadVR, although the bloody renderer won't work tearfree in 24hz, so i don't use it as my main renderer for the moment. Anyway Reclock reports 24.000 so it's really as it should be, just wondering if there's a method to get it really perfect. ;)

The idea behind ReClock is, that it doesn't have to be perfect. ;)

If ffdshow outputs 32 int is because it's the closest one, trust it.
Sorry, I really want to trust it you know :D .. but... I can't understand how 32 int would be "closest to the source" when decoding 24-bit lossless. Or, how 16-bit would be for that matter (if you check only 16 int and 24 int, it still outputs 16 int when decoding 24-bit lossless! :bang:)
Well, actually I understand very well as I think it's just a bug as leeperry also seems to think... the thing is, if it output the closest to the source, it should never output 32 int either then as there is no 32 int source. ;)

If you don't do any processing, it's natural that ffdshow does not output 32 floating point.
Yes, but I thought it would be the best workaround for the "I'll never automatically output 24 int no matter what" bug.
Ideally I'd want it to output 24-bit for 24-bit lossless sources and 16-bit (or whatever else it likes) for everything else, but it can't, so I figured outputting to float would be the lesser of two evils (the other being forcing it to output everything at 24 int).

Don't. Stick with what I suggested, it would be preferable... though, you should not hear any difference.
Probably... but that's the thing with audio, if you know it could in theory be better, you want it to theoretically be the best even if you can't hear the differences. :D

I think it's just a bug as leeperry also seems to think
do you run a recent ffdshow build? I've set it "all auto" as yesgrey suggested, and everything's cool here...16/44.1 24/96 FLAC, MP3 as 32float(w/ Gabest's audio decoder), they all show up w/ the right bitdepth in Reclock.

20091209. I've tried a couple of other ones, but not the latest. I'll try it out, who knows. Thanks for the info anyway (you talked about madFlac and Gabest so I thought you were using external decoders). :)

Sorry, I really want to trust it you know :D .. but... I can't understand how 32 int would be "closest to the source" when decoding 24-bit lossless. Or, how 16-bit would be for that matter (if you check only 16 int and 24 int, it still outputs 16 int when decoding 24-bit lossless! :bang:)
Please tell us which sources you are decoding with ffdshow and the output bit depth you get.
Without that I cannot help you, because some formats are limited to 16bit output with ffdshow...;)

you talked about madFlac and Gabest so I thought you were using external decoders
I am, but I need ffdshow to do 5.1>binaural stereo downmix, all the rest goes through ffdshow untouched(hopefully :D)

@leeperry,

Hi mate.

any chance you could try Reclock WASAPI exclusive with MPC-HC and see if you get the same problems I do. It is rock solid here. Once Reclock has grabeed the WASAPI interface for MPC-HC no other app can play sound until a reboot (W7 32-bit). Does not happen with PDVD though.

Yeah, thought you might say that. Hey ho! Thanks anyway.

@leeperry,

Hi mate.

any chance you could try Reclock WASAPI exclusive with MPC-HC and see if you get the same problems I do. It is rock solid here. Once Reclock has grabeed the WASAPI interface for MPC-HC no other app can play sound until a reboot (W7 32-bit). Does not happen with PDVD though.

Jong, fwiw, just tried, no problems here. Was able to play with another app (jRiver MC14 wasapi-X) after using MPC-HC Wasapi-X (both with ReClock 60). I'm on Win7 x64.

Thanks noee. The plot thickens!

I guess it could be a number of things. It could be that 32-bit is different. It could be specifc to the ATI HDMI audio driver, or it could be something completely different with how I have things set up. Frustrating to have no way to further diagnose!

The joys of HTPC.. There's always something to fix or enhance. :D

Hi mate, I can confirm I have very similar issue in Win7 x64, Catalyst 9.12 hotfix and Realtek HDMI 2.39. After exiting MPC-HC that was playing thru ReClock/WASAPI exclusive, all sound going through windows mixer plays roughly 10 times slower - ie. at a very low pitch (which also means any video plays very slowly). On the other hand, WASAPI exclusive access still works fine - I can play another video using ReClock or play music in foobar2000/WASAPI.

I can clear the problem by going into the Playback devices - Properties - Advanced, changing the output format to any other format, and clicking Test. After that, all sounds play fine again, I can go back to my preferred format.

Can you try if that helps you as well? It might be better than rebooting ;)

Pete

Hi mate, I can confirm I have very similar issue in Win7 x64, Catalyst 9.12 hotfix and Realtek HDMI 2.39. After exiting MPC-HC that was playing thru ReClock/WASAPI exclusive, all sound going through windows mixer plays roughly 10 times slower - ie. at a very low pitch (which also means any video plays very slowly). On the other hand, WASAPI exclusive access still works fine - I can play another video using ReClock or play music in foobar2000/WASAPI.

I can clear the problem by going into the Playback devices - Properties - Advanced, changing the output format to any other format, and clicking Test. After that, all sounds play fine again, I can go back to my preferred format.

Pete
You guys could try the ATI driver instead of the RealTek.

yeah. But I'll wait for 10.1. Should only be a few days.

Pete
Thanks. I can confirm changing the output format works. :) However, I'll be using Directsound instead of WASAPI for now. Hoping 10.1 might fix it. :)

In my own program, I'm using the following:
Code:
	wfxEx.dwChannelMask = 1551;
[/QUOTE]

You use this channel config:

1551 = 0x60F = %11000001111

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms791058.aspx

This is the KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1_SURROUND setting, compared to KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1.

Maybe I could make this optional for testing purposes with a registry switch.

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how can I enable KS on Windows 7 in ReClock? I tried to run config in XP compatibility mode and eventhough I set Kernel Streaming it still plays via WASAPI ;/ Help!

Could anyone tell me how can I enable KS on Windows 7 in ReClock? I tried to run config in XP compatibility mode and eventhough I set Kernel Streaming it still plays via WASAPI ;/ Help!
Here is a quote from the first post on this thread:
1.8.5.8 - 10/01/2010
* New: Added "NoVista" registry value where ReClock can be forced to behave as it would under XP with Vista & Windows 7
So, you will need to edit your registry and create the "NoVista" DWORD value and set it to 1.

Back