• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Purchase by download count

Q. Are there any download restrictions?
A. Yes, unfortunately due to massive abuse of the trial version in the initial versions of AnyStream. Download restrictions were forced to be put in place. These limitations are as follows (and will be re-evaluated after a while)
  • Licensed versions: Approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid blocking by streaming providers. The quota starts at 100. When downloads have been "consumed" they refill at 1 every 36 minutes. This amounts to approximately 280/week + the initial 100.
The download bucket is 100 downloads. If you use one and have 99 left, after 36 minutes you have your 100 back again. There was no massive abuse of the trial version because that would be impossible. It is capped at a certain amount so it cannot ever be abused.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the limitation is not even strict enough. No one needs 280 downloads per week.
Can't debate it not being strict enough but in my case it's more than plenty for my needs. I think I'm in the minority in the 10ish a week crowd, my "bucket" is back to 100 before I even start my 2nd one during a given day as I archive off some old series I liked, say like Matrix's. When/if batch dl gets implemented that will probably change lol

anyways, great product, does not disappoint for my needs

Can't debate it not being strict enough but in my case it's more than plenty for my needs. I think I'm in the minority in the 10ish a week crowd, my "bucket" is back to 100 before I even start my 2nd one during a given day as I archive off some old series I liked, say like Matrix's. When/if batch dl gets implemented that will probably change lol

anyways, a great product does not disappoint for my needs
99.9% are in the same boat as you are, I am also mostly at 100 downloads every day. Even if I go overboard for my purposes, and download 10 or 20 episodes to watch and a few movies, by the time I even watch the first Season or movie I am back at 100.

Reactions: DQ
99.9% are in the same boat as you are, I am also mostly at 100 downloads every day. Even if I go overboard for my purposes, and download 10 or 20 episodes to watch and a few movies, by the time I even watch the first Season or movie I am back at 100.

I don't snag more than a few titles at a time. I am normally sitting at 100 as well. I don't think I have gotten to the 80's yet.

I don't snag more than a few titles at a time. I am normally sitting at 100 as well. I don't think I have gotten to the 80's yet.
I did the whole Curb Your Enthusiasm thing and that was about as many as I could do, then I tested a few for people that we having issues on the forum but I never got close to being empty. I wish I could get a new TV, I am on an old heavy I think it's LED TV about 42" , it's so heavy it fell out of my wall and didn't break. I got it for free, It cost a bundle back in the late 90s, but with inflation from the year 2000 to 2019: Televisions had an average inflation rate of -16.29% per year. Simply put, TVs costing $300 in the year 2000 would cost $10.23 in 2019 for an equivalent purchase. I got it for free when someone threw it in the trash and the garbage man wouldn't take it, I had some kids bring up to my room and hang it on the wall, it weighs about 75 lbs, believe it or not, it still works.

Last edited:
Reactions: DQ
Do we really have another token/download limit thread ?
Well, it's an idea to pay for downloads, but not really feasible. Those payment/tracking systems would be a nightmare.

Do we really have another token/download limit thread ?
Well, it's an idea to pay for downloads, but not really feasible. Those payment/tracking systems would be a nightmare.
I feel you, bro, this is the first thread I actually tried to take off-topic.:(

I hit roof once for episodes with smaller files size but for movies kinda hard to reach quota unless crappy 1GB stuff from NF, I tend to believe new users download more than others.. I'm new so downloading a lot right now and recently got a NAS, guessing I will download less in a few weeks/months .. also we used to have NF only but after buying AS more providers we're subscribed to so there's a lot to discover right now :D

All I know is if licenses we're obtained based on downloads I would probably not be here today, same as I would neglect any disc based software providing licenses based on amount copies made

Last edited:
I hit roof once for episodes with smaller files size but for movies kinda hard to reach quota unless crappy 1GB stuff from NF, I tend to believe new users download more than others.. I'm new so downloading a lot right now and recently got a NAS, guessing I will download less in a few weeks/months .. also we used to have NF only but after buying AS more providers we're subscribed to so there's a lot to discover right now :D

That makes sense as my story is similar (NAS included). Although I dumped Netflix because they mostly only have their own stuff right now which is (in my opinion) hot garbage.

I hear you - after the initial "must have items" the downloading usually eases a bit.
Well....until you enter "phase 2" with seeing all the super old shows you want out of nostalgia (looking at you Twilight Zone from the 60's lol)
Oh yeah....wfh doesn't really help restricting yourself either lol

Wouldn’t it be great if those of us that don’t download a lot of stuff and have lots of tokens could sell them to those that need them. Maybe the devs could add this into the app and they could take a cut and make more money. Maybe a currency based on tokens, we could call it bittoken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t it be great if those of us that don’t download a lot of stuff and have lots of tokens could sell them to those that need them. Maybe the devs could add this into the app and they could take a cut and make more money. Maybe a currency based on tokens, we could call it bittoken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea, but can we call it "Catecoin" (dogecoin is already taken) ;)

LOL, I enjoy a good joke as much as the next guy, but let's keep this somewhat on topic, even if I was helpful in ruining this thread.

I am not sure what the number should be but I for sure would be against tiers of the program with different D/L limitations. That seems not at all commensurate with anything. Whether you D/L 1 title a week or 100 the app requires the same amount of work and maintenance. In fact that seems like a scam because you would be charging more for nothing. It would be making money out of thin air. Sounds like something a large corp would do.

While I'm not involved in making the prices, as I'm only charging for the work I do (and I also don't think, there are any plans to charge for less download limitations, at least not now)....
I do have an urge to add my thoughts here, as I don't believe it's as simple as making money out of thin air. I'll fetch an example out of thin air to maybe illustrate this:

If a company creates a product and would, say, break even, if they sold said product at 200$ to 100,000 users. But they discover, they won't find 100,000 users willing to pay that price (simply because too many people would not be using it enough to justify 200$ for it).
So they find a way to sell a limited version for 120$ and a pro version for 300$, thereby reaching those who are happy with the limited version and the hard-core users don't mind the 300$, because they really use it a lot.
That way, they make enough profit (or more generally, more profit, allowing to sell cheaper versions in the first place).

So in that framing, I do believe, that charging based on the extent of usage is a thing, that totally makes sense. In a way, it's even a sort of social way of distributing the cost.

While I'm not involved in making the prices, as I'm only charging for the work I do (and I also don't think, there are any plans to charge for less download limitations, at least not now)....
I do have an urge to add my thoughts here, as I don't believe it's as simple as making money out of thin air. I'll fetch an example out of thin air to maybe illustrate this:

If a company creates a product and would, say, break even, if they sold said product at 200$ to 100,000 users. But they discover, they won't find 100,000 users willing to pay that price (simply because too many people would not be using it enough to justify 200$ for it).
So they find a way to sell a limited version for 120$ and a pro version for 300$, thereby reaching those who are happy with the limited version and the hard-core users don't mind the 300$, because they really use it a lot.
That way, they make enough profit (or more generally, more profit, allowing to sell cheaper versions in the first place).

So in that framing, I do believe, that charging based on the extent of usage is a thing, that totally makes sense. In a way, it's even a sort of social way of distributing the cost.

I apologize but I am going to have to disagree there. In my mind it's still making profit out of nothing because whether someone downloads 10x a week or 500x a week it's the same program doing the same thing that requires the same level of support and maintenance either way. So your "costs" for each user regardless of level of usage remains about the same.

So to put an arbitrary tiered pricing strategy based on just usage is simply just soaking users for more cash because you can.

I want to emphasize this is my argument based on usage alone. If we are talking software with different features that is a totally different story.

Why not try weekly/monthly licenses besides yearly/lifetime for AS?, as of now I'm thinking most aim straight for lifetime .. AS at least could potentially fit that schematic since we now sign up for most providers on monthly basis

Only downside by shorter terms would probably be an even more aggressive tone from users if they now lost a token or two so maybe forget the weekly :ROFLMAO:.. but 1/3/6months maybe

Last edited:
Back