• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with view angles ripping Ratatouille

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have done two selective rips using CloneDVD different setting and different audio streams, both have same error.

I'm sorry - I missed this part. Very interesting.

And I'm sorry I musunderstood your understanding of what was going on - that whole part about using Windows Explorer to rip kinda put a "newbie-flag" on your head for a moment. Sorry about that.

Could it be possible that I ripped a particular title and would not even notice an angle switch during playback - how subtle is the glitch?

Can you try to open the AnyDVD rip with DVDShrink and see what lists for Main Move titles / angles?
Can you extract what you want that way?
This disc doesn't have any "extended" versions does it?

-W

Last edited:
No. It is. And the menu structure defines what angle to play.

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Thread moved to Third Party Product forum . . .

So are you saying that using AnyDVD and CloneDVD that there is no way to re-author this particular disk just for "Title One / Angle One" without including the Menu Structure along too?
ie Is the menu is required to make this one work?

-W

Last edited:
Did you rip the whole disk with CloneDVD or just the title you wanted?

I ripped only the main movie direct from the DVD disc with CloneDVD

How did CloneDVD list the titles/ angles?
Could you see them both and select the one you wanted?

CloneDVD displayed both angles correctly (selected only first angle)

When I did this disk I ripped the whole disk to the HD with the AnyDVD ripper. I then opened that rip in DVDShrink and took Title1/Angle1. And as far as I know - that's *all* I got and it worked fine.

Interesting that you used DVDShrink and you say it worked - I am starting to believe the problem maybe CloneDVD (Maybe it struggles to interpret the IFO in a similar way to the problem SmartRipper had).

Did you keep the DVD in VOB format ie playable only on a DVD player or DVD software player, or do you convert it to an AVI.
Can you check your copy?
The SmartRipper error occured at 1:36:45 though movie change over between Ch29/30, be interesting to know if you have the same glitch, I didn't notice jump on first viewing.
As mentioned AnyDVD Ripper output viewed in other third party software totaly hopeless, but worked in a DVD software player.

I kept it in VOB format but Movie only - no Menu's
I don't know that it worked correctly now.... I'm just saying I didn't notice a problem that I can remember when I watched it.
Try it with Shrink and find out and report back - it'll take 10 minutes. I'm now curious.

I watched it off the HD and deleted it months ago.

-W

Last edited:
So are you saying that using AnyDVD and CloneDVD that there is no way to re-author this particular disk just for "Title One / Angle One" without including the Menu Structure along too?

-W

Webslinger moved this thread. I'll leave it to him on what to do with the thread when he is around.

You do realize that JonW is using a Region 2 release of this movie don't your, Clams Canino? My understanding was that you deal with Region 1 releases so comparisons may not apply here.

I cannot offer input since I only have experience with the Region 1 release.

And I'm sorry I musunderstood your understanding of what was going on - that whole part about using Windows Explorer to rip kinda put a "newbie-flag" on your head for a moment.

No I am not a newbie at ripping, just never used the forum before, I have bit of a passion for it and if a new Copy Protection comes along I feel the need to get it cracked.

Could it be possible that I ripped a particular title and would not even notice an angle switch during playback - how subtle is the glitch?

Glitch using SmartRipper is not that noticable with the audio but a couple of blocky frame in the video but I think about a second gets lost.

Can you try to open the AnyDVD rip with DVDShrink and see what lists for Main Move titles / angles?
Can you extract what you want that way?
This disc doesn't have any "extended" versions does it?

Wasn't looking to try DVDShrink yet might if all else fails.
No wasn't an extended version single disc.

I don't know that it worked correctly now.... I'm just saying I didn't notice a problem that I can remember when I watched it.
Try it with Shrink and find out and report back - it'll take 10 minutes. I'm now curious.

Glitch with AnyDVD Ripper the text on the newspaper in the frame flashes up dutch text.
Someone said you might have a R1 copy mine is R2, things may be different.

DrinkLyeAndDie;166373 You do realize that [i said:
JonW[/i] is using a Region 2 release of this movie don't your, Clams Canino? My understanding was that you deal with Region 1 releases so comparisons may not apply here..

Nope... being a greedy US centric American - I completely missed that his was region 2. YIKES! And yes this could have a bearing.
That said, he might yet be on to something strange here, by the sound of it.

JonW. I called a friend of mine (my lawyer actually) who still has the DVDShrink movie only rip from the AnyDVD rip on his kids hard drive. A quick trip through his WiFi and he popped it up in PowerDVD.

He confirms that the newspaper stays in English from chapter 29 to 30 with no glitch. But again - this was all Region 1 work as Drinky pointed out.

-W

Correct I have not been able to re-author this one (R2) using AnyDVD Ripper and CloneDVD, I can make an exact copy, I just can't take out the bits I want.

Yet.

Correct I have not been able to re-author this one (R2) using AnyDVD Ripper and CloneDVD, I can make an exact copy, I just can't take out the bits I want.
Yet.

OK, confirm this exactly please.

If with AnyDVD running in the background, you rip the title you want out with CloneDVD.

THEN when you play that Main Movie rip (made only with AnyDVD and CloneDVD) using PowerDVD by SELECTING the video_ts.IFO file. Does it STILL glitch between 29 and 30 via the newspaper etc ??

-W

Last edited:
Yippie...!:agree:

Finally, got there.
The Problem lies with CloneDVD.
As shannon90210 suggested to use del_angles.zip and that worked.

1. Rip DVD with AnyDVD Ripper
2. Open del_angles.exe and drag the offending IFO into it, and remove unwanted view angle
3. Using CloneDVD open ripped DVD from HDD
4. CloneDVD will still show two angles (odd, one was deleted) select the one you want
5. Continue on through CloneDVD and create DVD files on HDD
6. Do want you need to do with them from there

Despite second angle been show this time it did not confuse CloneDVD, CloneDVD create a working re-autored DVD with out grey slabs.:rock:

Thanks to everyones input on this one, could not have done it with out your help, especially shannon90210 for the del_angles file.

Webslinger you were correct in that it is not an AnyDVD problem it appears to be CloneDVD related, suggest thread moves to CloneDVD forum, many thanks.

JonW.

Jon can you still try the playback test I asked about?
The one based on the CloneDVD rip of the movie only?

What you've shown so far is not that it's a CloneDVD (as opposed to AnyDVD) issue -but only that it's likely one OR the other doing this. (since you had to use del_angles to fix the combined product).

In order to determine which one is the culprit you'd have to:

1. Confirm that the Movie only CloneDVD rip won't play right in Power DVD
2. Then use Shrink to to rip the same thing out of the AnyDVD rip and test play that too.

The results of the 2 tests combined would tend to point toward iether CloneDVD or AnyDVD.

ie if Shrink worked where Clone didn't - it's Clone.
If both outputs wont play right then it's AnyDVD.

Scientific Method baby... :D

-W

Last edited:

No. Someone I know reauthored the Region 2 disc using Dvd Rebuilder without the main menu perfectly fine with Anydvd running in the background.

The problem is with respect to the use of the third party programs mentioned.

If with AnyDVD running in the background, you rip the title you want out with CloneDVD.

THEN when you play that Main Movie rip (made only with AnyDVD and CloneDVD) using PowerDVD by SELECTING the video_ts.IFO file. Does it STILL glitch between 29 and 30 via the newspaper etc ??

Newspaper glitch was with SmartRipper rip ... so not worrying about that method now as it wont work.

Normaly I would rip the DVD and then strip out the audio and create a D2V project file using DGIndex. This method does not work with SmartRipper or with AnyDVD Ripper, but output from both (if SmartRipper is in backup mode) plays fine from the HDD in PowerDVD, even Window Explorer Drag&drop with AnyDVD in the background worked in PowerDVD of the HDD. AnyDVD is more robust than SlySoft might think this is not how I rip DVDs.

The problem is with the different view angles, SmartRipper can cope with view angles, and does so up till 1:36:45 when confusion sets in and a few frames gets lost and two others get some blocking. (Another method is needed).

Using del_angle.exe on offending IFO solved problem before using CloneDVD

You must use CloneDVD after del_angle but before before DGindex for DGIndex to work correctly, every thing else after that is fine.

But PowerDVD seems very robust even on offending CloneDVD output

Interestingly even after having told CloneDVD to remove second angel it remains in the outputed version, if you open that again in CloneDVD you can see it be the frames for the second angle have been removed as checked in the preview window.

Many thanks shannon will give it a try.

Interesting that you should say that, because in theory CloneDVD has the option to remove them, and it sort of does but leave a mess.

I'm not going to pretend that I even understand all the 'tech'
- about why or what's happening ....or even what's at fault

I do know from experience ... that the del_angles method works
I had some similar trouble - using VobBlanker
- with Bicentennial Man
and quite a few other 'inter-leavened' DVDs
...... and that was my solution
Your 'grey slabs' reference keyed my memory

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=103233&page=3
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=799200#post799200

anyway , I am glad it helped

8)

CloneDVD is not blame free

No. The problem is the third party products used

Yep third party software has issues, but CloneDVD is not blame free

Yep SmartRipper is apparently not 100% correct with inter-leavened cells, does a very good job, I am not using it in this case I am using AnyDVD Ripper.
Yep DGIndex does not work at all with inter-leavened cells ... problem now is the work around I have been trying to fathom.

The Fix is to get CloneDVD to re-author the DVD from the HDD.
If you tell CloneDVD to remove all but one view angle, it does not do this correctly (check for yourself) ... CloneDVD only done a partial job.

Find a DVD with two view angles; R2 Ratatouille; fails for me, load it into CloneDVD re-author the main title only, removing the second angle. Reload in again in CloneDVD and the angle is still there minus the frames...! Put that output back in to CloneDVD do it all again and guess what angle still there, it ain't going.

Work around is to use del_angle.exe on the offending IFO, then use CloneDVD. On CloneDVD's output I can do my convertion to AVI. This way works.

I suspect that CloneDVD will remove the frames but not tidy up the frame pointers. I assume del_angle.exe will tidy up the pointers but not remove the frames. del_angle.exe by itself won't work as it acts in the IFO, I needed the VOBs adjusted and CloneDVD will adjust them correctly after del_angle.exe has done its bit. Between the two programs this way works.

The issue is that the Software used
- doesn't properly support inter-leavened cells
( similar issue with VobBlanker )
This tool resolves the problem by removing the extra angles

Not arguing about that, these third party products are a means to the end that I am looking for.

Jon can you still try the playback test I asked about?
The one based on the CloneDVD rip of the movie only?

What you've shown so far is not that it's a CloneDVD (as opposed to AnyDVD) issue -but only that it's likely one OR the other doing this. (since you had to use del_angles to fix the combined product).

In order to determine which one is the culprit you'd have to:

1. Confirm that the Movie only CloneDVD rip won't play right in Power DVD
2. Then use Shrink to to rip the same thing out of the AnyDVD rip and test play that too.

The results of the 2 tests combined would tend to point toward iether CloneDVD or AnyDVD.

ie if Shrink worked where Clone didn't - it's Clone.
If both outputs wont play right then it's AnyDVD.

Scientific Method baby... :D

All rips apart from the view angle rip done by SmartRipper (the usual was I rip) play fine in PowerDVD
It was the convertion steps to get an AVI was the tripping point.

I have a copy of Nero which can do the same as CloneDVD, will have to dig it out and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back