• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with "Live Free or Die Hard"

kozy69

I'm having trouble with live free or die hard is there any fixes on it

Oh boy, this should go over well.

I suggest you read this before you post anything, let alone questions like that.

problem with live free or die hard

I just cant burn the movie it stops half way through Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.9)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8801 4D28 VA155S629A1221
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2024592 sectors (3954 MBytes)
Total size: 4049175 sectors (7908 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LIVEFREE_OR_DIEHARD_BRANCH
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Ah, well, wrong forum for the first problem, hehe; this is the AnyDVD HD forum, not the "normal".

That being said, don't make another thread; they'll most likely move it.

Anyhoogle, it doesn't seem to have any unique protections on it. What I'd personally suggest doing is ripping it to the HDD, using the AnyDVD ripper, and using whatever program you wish to use, CloneDVD, DVDShrink, whatever, and make an ISO. Then burn the ISO.

How have you been trying to burn it?

No problem here ripping and burning the standard dvd using anydvd and shrink.

ripping doesn't work

I tried ripping it using anydvd ripper and it didn't work

Ah, well, wrong forum for the first problem, hehe; this is the AnyDVD HD forum, not the "normal".

That being said, don't make another thread; they'll most likely move it.

Anyhoogle, it doesn't seem to have any unique protections on it. What I'd personally suggest doing is ripping it to the HDD, using the AnyDVD ripper, and using whatever program you wish to use, CloneDVD, DVDShrink, whatever, and make an ISO. Then burn the ISO.

How have you been trying to burn it?

I use Icopy dvds 2 and clone dvd they both dont work not even the ripper

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue.

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd. Check the sticky at the top of this forum: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Last edited:
Im using anydvd version 6.2.0.0 with clonedvd2 2.9.1.2 plus im getting an cyclic error plus the dvd is brand new no dust no scratches so can someone help me?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_LIVEFREE_OR_DIEHARD_PS.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Error for die hard_resize.jpg
    Error for die hard_resize.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 26
Im using anydvd version 6.2.0.0 with clonedvd2 2.9.1.2 plus im getting an cyclic error plus the dvd is brand new no dust no scratches so can someone help me?

There's no protection on that disc other than CSS and RCE, which is fairly typical. This disc has nothing special on it.

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

There's no protection on that disc other than CSS and RCE, which is fairly typical. This disc has nothing special on it.
I agree. I checked the IFOs (in case AnyDVD doesn't detect the protection), but I found nothing suspicious.

Last edited:
Live Free Die Hard Trouble

I too am having trouble with Live Free Or Die Hard. I have not had a problem burning any other DVD's but I cannot get Live Free to play without skipping all over the DVD, playing scenes out of sequence etc. I was using HP dvd+R mediafor the first 4 attempts at burning this movie. Each time upon playback, it would play to the same point on all DVD's then screw up. I have switched to Sony dvd-r to see if it was a question of which media I was using. Apparently notI am using AnyDVD v 6.2.0.1. I burn with Roxio Easy media Creator. I have not burned a bad DVD with it. BTW I also ran the original DVD through Nero CD Speed and there were no errors. Anyone know what may be going on? The malfunctions seem to be at the same location in all of the dvd's that I have burned.

@stryker968
Use good media like Verbatim. Burn with ImgBurn at 4x. Make sure your firmware is up to date.

I too am having trouble with Live Free Or Die Hard. I have not had a problem burning any other DVD's but I cannot get Live Free to play without skipping all over the DVD, playing scenes out of sequence etc. I was using HP dvd+R mediafor the first 4 attempts at burning this movie. Each time upon playback, it would play to the same point on all DVD's then screw up. I have switched to Sony dvd-r to see if it was a question of which media I was using. Apparently notI am using AnyDVD v 6.2.0.1. I burn with Roxio Easy media Creator. I have not burned a bad DVD with it. BTW I also ran the original DVD through Nero CD Speed and there were no errors. Anyone know what may be going on? The malfunctions seem to be at the same location in all of the dvd's that I have burned.

from (Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

9. Why are my backups freezing, skipping, or showing a blocky pixellated mess during playback?

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

It appears two different versions of this movie have been discussed in this thread. I made a backup of the Widescreen & Unrated R1 release which had the volume name of LIVEFREE_OR_DIEHARD_BRANCH. Title 1 was the theatrical release and Title 2 was the unrated version. The first screen when loading the movie is which version you wish to view. After that choice you are at the Play Movie, Scene Selection, etc menu. I hate discs like that. Each title is 2+ hrs long. I used DVD-RB to compress to DVD-5 and it took far longer than normal because of processing ILVU sections.

It appears two different versions of this movie have been discussed in this thread. I made a backup of the Widescreen & Unrated R1 release which had the volume name of LIVEFREE_OR_DIEHARD_BRANCH. Title 1 was the theatrical release and Title 2 was the unrated version. The first screen when loading the movie is which version you wish to view. After that choice you are at the Play Movie, Scene Selection, etc menu. I hate discs like that. Each title is 2+ hrs long. I used DVD-RB to compress to DVD-5 and it took far longer than normal because of processing ILVU sections.
@DrinkLyeDie. Check your backup. I ripped with AnyDVD 6.2.0.2 and also did a backup with DVD-RB Pro on this disc. Just playing through the backup with WinDVD at random (e.g., chapter 3) I found glitches where a short segment would be repeated. I used DVDShrink in reauthor mode and these glitches went away. I was able to reauthor Title 2 with NO compression by selecting only the 5.1 audio & English subtitles and cutting out a minute or two of the ending credits.

@DrinkLyeDie. Check your backup. I ripped with AnyDVD 6.2.0.2 and also did a backup with DVD-RB Pro on this disc. Just playing through the backup with WinDVD at random (e.g., chapter 3) I found glitches where a short segment would be repeated. I used DVDShrink in reauthor mode and these glitches went away. I was able to reauthor Title 2 with NO compression by selecting only the 5.1 audio & English subtitles and cutting out a minute or two of the ending credits.

I watched the backup on a standalone player and found no glitches at all in the unrated version of the movie. I just checked the theatrical version and also found no glitches.

I ripped the movie to my HDD with AnyDVD & CloneDVD to begin with and kept Title 1, the Theatical release (2:08:32), & Title 2, the Unrated release (2:08:26), which are the two versions of the movie. I also preserved the menus. Then I compressed with DVD-RB Pro.

I would expect possible problems if only one title is selected for backup due to the interleaving. I went the easy route and made a backup of both versions to avoid problems.

Last edited:
I watched the backup on a standalone player and found no glitches at all in the unrated version of the movie. I just checked the theatrical version and also found no glitches.

I ripped the movie to my HDD with AnyDVD & CloneDVD to begin with and kept Title 1, the Theatical release (2:08:32), & Title 2, the Unrated release (2:08:26), which are the two versions of the movie. I also preserved the menus. Then I compressed with DVD-RB Pro.

I would expect possible problems if only one title is selected for backup do to the interleaving. I went the easy route and made a backup of both versions to avoid problems.
That must have been it. I choose the "backup main movie and menus" option in DVD-RB Pro.

Definitely a problem with this title!

I cannot burn a backup of Live Free or Die Hard using anydvd 6.2.0.1 and clone dvd 2.9.1.2. While doing a scan before burning, Clone DVD2 hangs up and will not continue. This is when trying to copy the disc or just the individual title. There is no problem with my media, burner or settings. A fix needs to be created for this issue.

Back