• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with John Wick: Chapter 2

I am in region 1 Anydvd 8143 picks tittle one but that is wrong -there are no closing credits. Power dvd plays tittle 29 with anydvd not running. I will attach log file!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.3_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    403.5 KB · Views: 15
Similar, but different problems with the Canadian rental version.

8.1.4.0 and 8.1.4.2 give this version of file choices. Three choices of main movie. None work properly (ie. with menus). Of the three files, the longest one (file 30, 2:13:34) doesn't play at all. The middle one (file 01, 2:03:13) starts 12 minutes through the film. The short one (file 29, 2:02:16) appears to work from the Play menu, but the Scenes menu wont work. Logfile attached.

upload_2017-6-13_14-2-25.png

With 8.1.4.3 we only get one movie file choice, but it too, starts 12 minutes through the film. No menu selection allowed. Logfile attached.

upload_2017-6-13_14-4-39.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.2_Info_H_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    415.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.1.4.3_Info_H_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    407.7 KB · Views: 7
I am using clonedvd and unchecked everything except tittle 29 2:02 minutes -using anydvd 8140 we let you know the results soon I hope -I am using a elderly computer.

No luck that way am trying just unchecking 30 and 1 tittles-will take a while to process. I give up till a new version of anydvd works on this dvd!!!

Last edited:
Yes - Having same issues with J Wick Chapter 2 - either 1st part of movie isn't ripped, or anydvd craps out at the beginning when ripping directly from it.

Have tried several different ripping procedures that usually work without a hitch.

Easy Peasy. John Wick Chapter 2. USA Version region 1. Using AnyDvd 8.1.4.0 played movie with Nero Show time and Windows Media Player, main movie showed title 24. 2:02 hrs long, correct. Backed it up and it played perfect including end credits. Played on a Sony up-converting DVD Player. Played fine! :D CloneDVD2 showed 3 titles, Only title 24 is right. It's correct in every way. IMHO. Other titles showed time at 2:35, wrong!
Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
FWIW-
Successful extract of movie from DVDxpress rental DVD (US) using Anydvd 8.1.4.0 and CloneDVD2. Title 29 is correct with a length of 2:02:16. Rip was about 5.77 GB with all english audio and english subtitles selected.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    388.3 KB · Views: 10
FWIW-
Successful extract of movie from DVDxpress rental DVD (US) using Anydvd 8.1.4.0 and CloneDVD2. Title 29 is correct with a length of 2:02:16. Rip was about 5.77 GB with all english audio and english subtitles selected.
I tried that but did not work for me. Did you use double layer dvds??

How did it not work? Did you retain menus? Using CloneDVD and AnyDVD 8.1.4.0 a person should be able to make a movie-only backup if they select the correct movie title. Thus far it seems to be 29 for almost everyone. Not sure if Bunnyrip2 made a typo or not.

Evidently there are different versions of this DVD in the US. Mine showed Title 24 and it played back perfectly. It did not even show title 29. Hmmmm. :confused:

How did it not work? Did you retain menus? Using CloneDVD and AnyDVD 8.1.4.0 a person should be able to make a movie-only backup if they select the correct movie title. Thus far it seems to be 29 for almost everyone. Not sure if Bunnyrip2 made a typo or not.
No Typo, mine IS Title 24.

I rip title only uncompressed to video files on my hard drive. From there I compress and/or convert to ISO if I want it on a disc. The important thing is selecting the correct title to rip. How you handle the output file should be irrelevant.

Educational ? Maybe this will help James and others solve this . New Protection?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_E_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    938.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hello James, I was able to download full movie of John Wick 2 from red box, using 8.1.4.3. Title 24 was correct.

Hello James, I was able to download full movie of John Wick 2 from red box, using 8.1.4.3. Title 24 was correct.
Title 24 for Me too. I used 8.1.4.0. It did show 3 titles, but 2 where Obviously not right. Never saw title 29. That must be a different version?

Back