• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with John Wick: Chapter 2

What issue? The playback / ripping problem with this title currently is most likely a protection issue that the latest beta (and possible stable release) currently does not handle correctly.

What issue? The playback / ripping problem with this title currently is most likely a protection issue that the latest beta (and possible stable release) currently does not handle correctly.
I have no issues. Copied 100% perfect and plays from start to finish no issues....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Then you probably had a different version and none of this is of any concern to you ;)

All, used AnyDVD HD 8.1.4.3 and CloneDVD 2.9.3.3 with JW2 from Redbox. Made a Dual Layer and all works. Played perfectly. Note, use the 6-channel Audio. The 2-channel is descriptive.

6 channel always has been main movie & 2 channel descriptive. Never was any other way

on CLONE DVD2 it goes to an error block to check Def DVD Structure, this does the same error on Indignation, John Wick Chapter 2, and Bitter Harvest.
I need help. This just started top do this. HELP

This is your third topic hijack with this. Please create your OWN topic, explain in detail what the problem is, error messages and include the logfiles.

No logfiles: WE CAN'T HELP YOU.

please read the sticky up top 'how to ask for help'

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

The same place they always are. On top of a forum section.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I've read many of the posts on JW2 and my problem seems to be a little different.

I have AnyDVD HD 8.4.1.0 installed and burning software is 1ClickDVDPro licensed and up to date release with latest updates.

I typically only use the Rip video disk to hard disk option, then burn from the hard disk later if needed.

When running the rip to hard disk I got a similar error to the others: FileIO 3 VTS_19_1.vob 16674816 600064

I used step 2 of the read me first file and reset AnyDVD to defaults and tried again, but got the same problem.

I read the posts about how the disk has fake chapters in it and that I would probably not be able to use the rip to hard disk option. So I tried using 1ClickDVDPro to rip to hard disk using the custom option to choose which chapters to rip.

The problem is the only two chapters that show up with any significant video content are 19 and 26, both of witch seem to be fake.

If you have another approach you want me to try let me know, if you have already covered this question in a post I haven't seen yet please give me a link to it.

I have uploaded a log file of the JW2 for US region that I am working with.

Thanks,

Lee

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_F_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    952 KB · Views: 3
I have JW2 DVD. Bought on Amazon. I normally use REDFOX - Rip DVD to Harddisk - then copy the whole thing over to my KODI server.
Normally - DVD's play fine (ads and all - i know i know)

JW2 ripped with beta 8.1.4.3 exhibits the same non-functional issue as when ripped with 8.1.4.0. Specifically - the main title will not play on KODI.
When ripped with 8.1.4.3 - VLC player will play it - but it seems to start in the middle of the movie. When ripped with 8.1.4.0 - VLC player will not play it.

UPC-31398 25944

hope this helps!

PS - been using this tool for many years. Was lifetime with SlySoft and now lifetime with RedFox. Joined forum to remark on this issue. thanks for all the great work!!!

The consensus seems to be... try the beta version:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-1-4-3-beta.72879/

@d00zah That did work for me. I installed the beta version 8.1.4.3 not really expecting it to work after reading comments in this thread.

I used the rip to hard disk option and surprisingly enough it correctly decoded title set 19 which I though was fake. The file IO error was not produced with the beta version of AnyDVD.

I played the image from the hard drive with power DVD from the beginning, skated through the chapters all the way to the credits with no problems.

I then burned a DVD with no issue, played the disk from the DVD drive and it worked fine.

Thanks to all for the help on this one. :)

Lee

Thanks to all the members who shared their successes.

I am wondering if this was ever clinically resolved to a closed case? I am using 8.1.6.0 and it simply cannot read the disc.
CloneDVD2 comes up wtih only one chapter. 19. Audio only. 0:00 for timestamp. There is nothing else to select!!

How were people a month ago more successful and also when using an older version. Isn't the subscription payment for things like this where the devs include a fix for known problem DVDs in future releases? Or am I missing a step here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently backing up a different title (successfully) and once it completes I will try the dvd again and generate a log file.

Back