• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Dear White People

Edgeman56

Lets see first post so this is a US disc and Region is set to 0, and I am running the newest beat version. Anydvd comes up with 30 or so playlist and does not pick any of the playlist as being "the good one." Attached is the log file. Thank you.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_F_DEAR WHITE PEOPLE.ziplog
    522.2 KB · Views: 16
This looks like Screen Pass protection again, which AnyDVD does not seem to detect in this particular case.
A Slysoft developer will have to take a look so it can be fixed :)

On a side note, this disc playlist layout are pretty basic, so you could most likely find the correct playlist yourself if needed (just finding the exact correct runtime will narrow it down drastically)

Tried to play this in PowerDVD 14 Ultra with AnyDVD active, and it seemed that the movie was being picked for the wrong playlist.

I decided to try something different when I bought this Blu-ray disc this week, so here is my attached log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_H_DEAR WHITE PEOPLE.ziplog
    525.1 KB · Views: 7
Just sat down to watch this movie, and I played the original Blu-ray disc on a Samsung BD-HM57C Blu-ray disc player. Playing the movie all the way through, I found out that the runtime is 1:48:26, but the AnyDVD HD rip is showing 4 possible playtimes of this movie, but all of the incorrect length.

I'm attaching what my AnyDVD HD rip showed with another program that all have the wrong playtime for this particular movie.

Attachments

• Dear White People_Playlist total.jpg
    Dear White People_Playlist total.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 21
I have just zipped up the BDMV/JAR directory of this disc (I disabled AnyDVD HD while doing this). I hope that this helps out the developers.

Attachments

• JAR.zip
    3 MB · Views: 1
Any updates to this disc??

I did upload the BDMV/JAR directory of this disc a few days ago.

Not yet, sorry, but we're on it.

No problem.

:clap:

I have faith that James and Peer will get it right.

Question: was it ok for me to send the BDMV/JAR directory (with AnyDVD HD disabled) of this disc a few days ago?

No problem.

:clap:

I have faith that James and Peer will get it right.

Question: was it ok for me to send the BDMV/JAR directory (with AnyDVD HD disabled) of this disc a few days ago?

Certainly, yes, thanks.

According to a post on another forum 493 is the correct one.

Thanks.

I'm going to have to look at how people are finding the correct playlist on their discs (for example) and fool around with this disc.

So, off to the Forum Search I go.....

:D

I found out that the runtime is 1:48:26
According to a post on another forum 493 is the correct one.

Since you know the runtime is 1:48:26, the only possible correct playlists are 40, 243, & 493.
Most likely 493 is correct (as jmonier has confirmed from another forum)

If you want to, you can make sure by playing back a few M2TS files from inside the BDMV\STREAM directory (MPC-HC works well)

Play the last 10 seconds or so of 00119.M2TS
Then play the first 10 seconds or so of the following three files - 00111.M2TS, 00113.M2TS and 00620.M2TS

Only one of those files will correctly follow 00119.m2ts (I don't have the disc but I'm pretty sure :) )

If it's 00111.M2TS then 243 is the correct playlist
If it's 00113.M2TS then 40 is the correct playlist
If it's 00620.M2TS then 493 is the correct playlist

Note: There will movie spoilers during playback (these files are 40 minutes into the movie)

Since you know the runtime is 1:48:26, the only possible correct playlists are 40, 243, & 493.
Most likely 493 is correct (as jmonier has confirmed from another forum)

If you want to, you can make sure by playing back a few M2TS files from inside the BDMV\STREAM directory (MPC-HC works well)

Play the last 10 seconds or so of 00119.M2TS
Then play the first 10 seconds or so of the following three files - 00111.M2TS, 00113.M2TS and 00620.M2TS

Only one of those files will correctly follow 00119.m2ts (I don't have the disc but I'm pretty sure :) )

If it's 00111.M2TS then 243 is the correct playlist
If it's 00113.M2TS then 40 is the correct playlist
If it's 00620.M2TS then 493 is the correct playlist

Note: There will movie spoilers during playback (these files are 40 minutes into the movie)

Thanks for the tips on how to look for the proper playlist.

Question: Will I need to re-rip the movie to ISO?

I erased it from my hard drive, or would it be better to simply just play the Blu-ray disc itself (in which I own) on my PC?

EDIT: I have MPC-HC installed on my PC. Would any of the paid products I own such as TMT 5/TMT 6/PowerDVD Ultra 12/PowerDVD Ultra 13/PowerDVD Ultra 14/WinDVD work just as easily??

Last edited:
No need to rip. As you said, it's best to play the original disc in your PC.
Let AnyDVD scan and remove AACS protection, then you can play those M2TS files in whatever player you prefer :)

No need to rip. As you said, it's best to play the original disc in your PC.
Let AnyDVD scan and remove AACS protection, then you can play those M2TS files in whatever player you prefer :)

Thanks again for the tip.

I'm working on the latest version of CloneBD, testing it out on a different movie, so I'll try this later tonight.

Any update to this movie??

AnyDVD still doesn't show the right playlist, and CloneBD shows a bunch of title sets.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.0_Info_H_DEAR WHITE PEOPLE.ziplog
    525 KB · Views: 3
Any update to this movie??

AnyDVD still doesn't show the right playlist, and CloneBD shows a bunch of title sets.

Can you please create a log file with v7.5.8.1? Thanks.

Can you please create a log file with v7.5.8.1? Thanks.

Sorry for getting back late, Pete, I had to go to work.

Here is the latest log file, and a pic of what good playlists AnyDVD HD now sees with this particular Blu-ray disc.

Attachments

• Dear_WP_2-23-2015.jpg
    Dear_WP_2-23-2015.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10
  • AnyDVD_7.5.8.1_Info_H_DEAR WHITE PEOPLE.ziplog
    616.1 KB · Views: 4
Sorry for getting back late, Pete, I had to go to work.

Here is the latest log file, and a pic of what good playlists AnyDVD HD now sees with this particular Blu-ray disc.

Thanks, that's looking better.
Can you try that again with 7.5.8.2?

Back