• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sent me a message that the files are on a.b.hdtv ... I believe that's a usenet thing? I've not used that, so I'm not really sure.

Too proud to ask, not too proud to say Thank You! :clap:

Someone sent me a message that the files are on a.b.hdtv ... I believe that's a usenet thing? I've not used that, so I'm not really sure.

checked it out and all I see is a link to slysoft forum

Thanks so much! I just created a .reg file for everyone who wants to autoplay HD-DVD's when you put them in the DVD drive. I am able to put HD-DVD's in either of my HD-DVD drives with no problems starting the HD-DVD movie.

. Just double click the file and select "yes" to continue.

...and make sure you change the setting below:

Control Panel/AutoPlay/HD DVD movie=Play DVD Video Using PowerDVD 8

Works like a charm for me.

auto.jpg

Well i asked the question earlier and happy to say i figured it out. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INVOLVES REGISTRY CHANGES AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.

You need to make two registry entries and change one other.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\autoplayhandlers.

1) In the event handlers key, click on PlayHDDVDOnArrival and add the following string PDVD8PlayHDDVDOnArrival

2) Then in the handlers key, add a new key called PDVD8PlayHDDVDOnArrival. Copy all the strings from the PDVD8PlayBluRayOnArrival exactly except change the InvokeProgID string value to HDDVD (instead of Blu Ray) and at the end of the Action string value, change the number to -102 (instead of -101 found in the bluray string).

3) This last one is what took me awhile to find which in retrospect it shouldnt have. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HDDVD. You should have this key if you have a previous version of PDVD 7 ultra installed. Change the DefaultIcon value so the link refers to powerdvd8 not powerdvd (make sure to change in both the folder name and the .exe. Do the same for the shell string value. Rename the PlayWithPowerDVD key to PlayWithPowerDVD8 and change the string value for it to PowerDVD8. Lastly, in the Command key, again change the Default string value to refer to PowerDVD8 (both the folder name and the .exe).

Thats it. After that, PDVD8 will auto play HDDVDs and BR when an ISO is mounted.

Cheers.

Attachments

• HDDVD-Autoplay.zip
    597 bytes · Views: 225
Last edited:
I got everything except for HDDVDNav.ax, I would love to receive a PM. Thanks

If you have access to the right version of PDVD 8 beta, it includes HDVDNav.ax. You cant just use any beta.

I got everything except for HDDVDNav.ax, I would love to receive a PM. Thanks

Just wondering.... does anybody know how to make that nagging registration/newsletter-signup screen in PDVD8 go away permanently?
My HTPC is not connected to the internet so I couldn't register the software even if I wanted to...

TIA
S.

Newsserver

Could anyoune give a little tip on a free newsserver where a.b groups is not filtered out? My default does.

Could anyoune give a little tip on a free newsserver where a.b groups is not filtered out? My default does.

I don't know of any offhand, and I think it's unlikely that there are any free servers offering the binary groups anymore, considering the enormous amount of disk space they consume.

Some news servers offer a free trial period (such as giganews) of a few days, or a set transfer limit (like 1gb)

I downloaded and "installed" the HD-DVD fix pack, however it won't play any HD-DVD films at all, and just crashes with "PowerDVD 8 has stopped working".

I have done everything per the instructions, however could this be because I am running Vista x64, and PowerDVD is located under "program files (x86)"?

It would be great if someone could fix this for me, I've spent a fair amount of time trying, and nothing seems to work:confused:

It's not goign to work any better than PowerDVD 7.3 playback.

I downloaded and "installed" the HD-DVD fix pack, however it won't play any HD-DVD films at all, and just crashes with "PowerDVD 8 has stopped working".

I have done everything per the instructions, however could this be because I am running Vista x64, and PowerDVD is located under "program files (x86)"?

It would be great if someone could fix this for me, I've spent a fair amount of time trying, and nothing seems to work:confused:

It's not goign to work any better than PowerDVD 7.3 playback.

What does that mean? I can play Bluray and HD-DVD perfectly fine on PowerDVD 7.3... PowerDVD 8 plays Blurays fine, but I would just like it to play HD-DVD's:D

This addon seem to work for everyone... but you might be the first person to try it with Vista64. It could be that it just doesnt work for the 64bit version of Windows.

What does that mean? I can play Bluray and HD-DVD perfectly fine on PowerDVD 7.3... PowerDVD 8 plays Blurays fine, but I would just like it to play HD-DVD's:D

Did you try it with just the .IMP and .ax file from the 8.0 beta, and then all the other files from the 7.3 install on Vista64?

Got it to work on Vista 64, except the logo does not show up on start page, hd-dvd does show up in lower right info block. Make sure when you run cmd that you use "program files(x86)" not just program files.

I finally got hardware acceleration working. For all those with the 2400 Pro, the 2x00 tweaks MUST be applied. They did not need to be applied for hardware acceleration to work with PDVD 7.3, but they do for 8.

The tweaks can be found at http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ati-hd2x00/ (for those that don't already know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back