• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 22 Ultra Release Date Jan. 22, 2024 Build Number 3526 patch

My boxed version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra arrived from Amazon today. I had to disable UAC to get it the activate, but other than other, it works fine. I don't see any improvements over version 20, but at least it was cheap. I updated it to the recommended patch and will keep it there (the "check for new updates" option was unchecked by default).

DrX

If anyone else tries to reinstall an older version of this thing and run into all the errors that come up, just do the following:

• Open an administrator command or powershell prompt
  • Run the setup from the admin prompt
  • Activation will also fail so go to the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD22 folder in your admin prompt and then....
  • Run the activation.exe to license your product

Then you can apply the September patch if you need. At that point, uncheck the check for new updates option in settings, and enjoy it.

If anyone else tries to reinstall an older version of this thing and run into all the errors that come up, just do the following:

• Open an administrator command or powershell prompt
  • Run the setup from the admin prompt
  • Activation will also fail so go to the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD22 folder in your admin prompt and then....
  • Run the activation.exe to license your product

Then you can apply the September patch if you need. At that point, uncheck the check for new updates option in settings, and enjoy it.
Also, this method from @SamuriHL is way easier than the Admin method that I mentioned in passing a few days ago.

That method took about 10 steps. This method only takes 4.

I need help! please help me downgrade to the latest supported uhd blu ray playback version! i updated to the latest patch!!! need help.

I greately appreciate it!

Hi Folks, long time AnyDVD HD user, first-time poster. Was looking for an Easter discount for AnyStream lifetime and found that those are no longer available!
Anyway, I somehow wound up on this thread and discovered more bad news - PDVD no longer supports UHD disc playback.

I do have the plain vanilla v.18 (non-Ultra) that came with my UHD drive which works okay so far, but I wanted to snag v22 Ultra before its no longer available. As discussed on the other PDVD threads here, its out of stock everywhere - Amazon US, B&H, Newegg. I finally found a somewhat shady deep-discount site which will ship me a boxed copy. However, I am almost certain it won't have a disc containing the setup file, just a card with the license code.

Which brings me to my request... will one of you good people (@SamuriHL / @DrXenos / @whatever_gong82) be able to share a backed up copy of your full setup file for PDVD 22 Ultra, along with the last patch that was still able to read UHD discs, as these are no longer available directly from Cyberlink? I will supply my purchased serial number to activate. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Folks, long time AnyDVD HD user, first-time poster. Was looking for an Easter discount for AnyStream lifetime and found that those are no longer available!
Anyway, I somehow wound up on this thread and discovered more bad news - PDVD no longer supports UHD disc playback.

I do have the plain vanilla v.18 (non-Ultra) that came with my UHD drive which works okay so far, but I wanted to snag v22 Ultra before its no longer available. As discussed on the other PDVD threads here, its out of stock everywhere - Amazon US, B&H, Newegg. I finally found a somewhat shady deep-discount site which will ship me a boxed copy. However, I am almost certain it won't have a disc containing the setup file, just a card with the license code.

Which brings me to my request... will one of you good people (@SamuriHL / @DrXenos / @whatever_gong82) be able to share a backed up copy of your full setup file for PDVD 22 Ultra, along with the last patch that was still able to read UHD discs, as these are no longer available directly from Cyberlink? I will supply my purchased serial number to activate. Thanks in advance!!
Sorry, no can do on my end. I don't want Cyberlink to permanently delete and remove my account.

I don't share anything with anyone. This isn't the scene here. The people on this site legitimately purchased their products, and don't do posting anything illegal online.

If the copy that you get is legitimate, and hasn't been activated by someone else, then I can help you. Otherwise, I can't help you, sorry.

:(

So, they've dropped HD-DVD, 3D Blu-ray, and now 4K Blu-ray support. Just ridiculous regardless of the reasons.
I believe that Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg themselves are also a big fan of physical media as well.
Yes, and Scorsese recently donated his large collection of VCR recordings.
(I always do as I have a regal ultimate pass and can go see whatever movie I want whenever I want)
...unless it's in IMAX, 3D, or 4DX. Premium seating is extra, too.
Yes, I need to pick up Prodigy on blu-ray soon. I have all except Voyage and DS9 on disc. TOS, TNG, Picard, SNW, (will get Discovery once they do a set after season 5), etc. All the original and TNG movies, you name it I got it on disc in the highest quality it can be bought in. For SNW that's UHD. For Picard that was blu-ray. Disc is disc. I'm good with that.
For completists:

Last edited:
Back