• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 22 Ultra Release Date Jan. 22, 2024 Build Number 3526 patch

whatever_gong82

Release Date Jan. 22, 2024

Build Number 3526

Description:

Install this patch update to improve the program's security.

Note: This patch is not for PowerDVD subscription version, hardware bundled/pre-installed versions, volume license, or versions purchased via the Microsoft Store and Steam.

Updates the code certificate to ensure the latest security compliance.

Ultra HD Blu-ray playback is no longer supported in this version.

Please refer to the FAQ for more details.

For the record, I only installed this 'Ultra UHD Blu-ray playback no longer supported' patch on my Windows 10 Pro laptop before I found out that this is the patch that Cyberlink came out with to stop official support of Ultra UHD Blu-ray playback.

I'm not going to install this patch on my 2 Windows 11 Pro laptops, so that's that.

Ugh, I don't even want to talk about this, but they got me too!

I had been having trouble getting a few recent movies to play properly in PDVD, so yesterday when I got a message saying a new component was needed for smoother playback, I didn't think it through and approved the change.

On completion, PDVD 22 no longer plays UHD's for me. At all!!!

Claims it's an unsupported format.

Basically my bad because I knew non-support of UHD's in PDVD was coming, but I didn't think of this change as an update (though it is) -- and I certainly didn't think it would block my UHD play, especially with AnyDVD running...

No matter what I did, I couldn't reverse this insidious change, including a System Restore, so my PDVD 22 is now dead-in-the-water for UHD play.

Luckily I still have a working copy of PDVD 18 on the same computer so had to revert back to that version.

Once using it, it also declared it needed a "component for smoother playback", but ofc I ignored it to prevent bricking that version for UHD play as well!

PDVD just lost a long-time customer!!!

You know, I could see them not supporting UHD in future versions of the product if they so decide -- but to reach back and disable a function from already-purchased versions - which were bought by me particularly for that functionality btw - is overstepping IMO.

T

I had been having trouble getting a few recent movies to play properly in PDVD, so yesterday when I got a message saying a new component was needed for smoother playback, I didn't think it through and approved the change.

Basically my bad because I knew non-support of UHD's in PDVD was coming, but I didn't think of this change as an update (though it is) -- and I certainly didn't think it would block my UHD play, especially with AnyDVD running...

No matter what I did, I couldn't reverse this insidious change, including a System Restore, so my PDVD 22 is now dead-in-the-water for UHD play.

Luckily I still have a working copy of PDVD 18 on the same computer so had to revert back to that version.

Once using it, it also declared it needed a "component for smoother playback", but ofc I ignored it to prevent bricking that version for UHD play as well!

You know, I could see them not supporting UHD in future versions of the product if they so decide -- but to reach back and disable a function from already-purchased versions - which were bought by me particularly for that functionality btw - is overstepping IMO.

T
I see you after a long time, yes, I have known about this problem for a long time and I am afraid that you will have to contact J river media center or DVDFAB UHD PLAYER, I understand that REDFOX does not like to hear about this company, but I really can't think of any other solution

I see you after a long time, yes, I have known about this problem for a long time and I am afraid that you will have to contact J river media center or DVDFAB UHD PLAYER, I understand that REDFOX does not like to hear about this company, but I really can't think of any other solution

Hi, Lukas!

Actually I do have JRiver available, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

I'll take a look into the other Player you mention, thanks so much for the tip!! :=)

T

T
Can you uninstall PowerDVD 22 Ultra, and use a previous patched version, not the latest 'update'?

I have all the patches to PowerDVD 22 Ultra, including the last patch before this one.

If you'd like, PM me and I can send a private Google Drive link of that last patch to you.

Just so everyone's aware of it, I'm posting what the exact PowerDVD 22 Ultra patch to avoid is here below.

Yep, as you've noticed, I'm on Central Time in the U.S.

And, I've turned off my update settings in PowerDVD 22 Ultra for both of my Windows 11 Pro laptops. I'm going to see if I can remove the 'update' to my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and if not, I'll just uninstall PowerDVD 22 Ultra then, and try to re-install it, and make sure not to install this patch on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

PowerDVD22 Ultra patch to never update to.jpg

@testiles , I'm still working on re-installing the last version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra that had UHD Blu-ray support.

I've talked to Cyberlink support, but get this, they've given me a link to download a full version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra, but it's the one NONE OF US WANT, which is the non-UHD Blu-ray support version. So it seems from this point forward, you can't even get the earlier version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra, unless you've backed it up in the Cloud somehow.

It's almost midnight local time, and I'm hungry and tired, so I'll get back to working on trying to get an earlier version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra on my Windows 10 Pro laptop tomorrow, and let you know how it went.

@testiles :

I'm trying, via Google, how to be able to re-install my original version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra. Right now, I'm getting an Administration error, and I'm the Admin on my machine!

Via Google, I found this, but won't try it until tomorrow: 5 Fixes for "This App has been Blocked for your Protection" Error.

There are others to try, like this one, or this one, but I'm giving you some of these ideas as a way to see if you can get out of your current issue.

Please back up your stuff before you try, I'm not responsible for anything happening to your machine, etc., etc.

Can you uninstall PowerDVD 22 Ultra, and use a previous patched version, not the latest 'update'?

Hmmm, maybe but I doubt it.

The System Restore technically took it back to the previous version -- for example after the Restore AnyStream was no longer the latest but a previously installed version -- but PDVD still wouldn't play UHD's. It was as if something was changed somewhere outside of the software itself...

I've talked to Cyberlink support, but get this, they've given me a link to download a full version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra, but it's the one NONE OF US WANT, which is the non-UHD Blu-ray support version.

No surprise there, lol!

I'm trying, via Google, how to be able to re-install my original version of PowerDVD 22 Ultra.

Please do let me know how it goes in the end!

If you're successful, that would be major!!!

T

Fortunately I saved a copy of the setup file when I purchased a license in July 2022.
In case the patch should be inadvertently applied, I can uninstall the software and proceed with a new "clean" installation.

Fortunately I saved a copy of the setup file when I purchased a license in July 2022.
In case the patch should be inadvertently applied, I can uninstall the software and proceed with a new "clean" installation.

Hopefully, yes.

But that's not a given.

I plan on trying that if whatever_gong has any success with it.

T

@testiles :
Right now, I'm getting an Administration error, and I'm the Admin on my machine!
LOL. quickly, did i save the install file when i bought the license? CyberLink_PowerDVD22_Ultra_DVD230725-01.exe. yes, i did. poof. error. lets try hacking this mf. right click. extract with winrar. hah. it worked. im safe. open folder, run setup.exe... same error. mf. i dont even have a bluray player, let alone an UHD bluray player, but... now... i... need... to... fix... this... bloody... install... i... just... have to. to be on the safe side! 😁

btw, i dont have smartscreen enabled. windows reports problem with certificate(s). but, the second suggestion worked, i think. right click, run as admin. greeted with message PDVD22 already installed and firewall said setup.exe wants to connect to the internet. i left it at that.

LOL. quickly, did i save the install file when i bought the license? CyberLink_PowerDVD22_Ultra_DVD230725-01.exe. yes, i did. poof. error. lets try hacking this mf. right click. extract with winrar. hah. it worked. im safe. open folder, run setup.exe... same error. mf. i dont even have a bluray player, let alone an UHD bluray player, but... now... i... need... to... fix... this... bloody... install... i... just... have to. to be on the safe side! 😁

btw, i dont have smartscreen enabled. windows reports problem with certificate(s). but, the second suggestion worked, i think. right click, run as admin. greeted with message PDVD22 already installed and firewall said setup.exe wants to connect to the internet. i left it at that.
So, did you get PowerDVD 22 Ultra to work for you after all of that?

I found out how to get around that installation error. I had to Google it, but I found the right way to do it, without messing up my laptop.

It's not hard, just stupid that you need to work around the fact that MS invalidated their certs. Do these morons really think this is going to stop anyone from installing it?? I just reinstalled it on my laptop and installed the October patch. Shockingly, I can play UHD discs now. OMGZ PONIES! LMAO Now to f*** up this install so I can see if UHD disc playback can be restored.

If anyone finds themselves in the unenviable position of being on the latest stupid patch, you can PM me and I'll see if I can help you. As several have noticed, including myself when I went to reinstall this bloody inferno on my development laptop, the installer is broken because they've invalidated the application signing certs. Um, wtf. So I have a method to work around that which is irritating but not too painful. If downgrading isn't an option, not all hope is lost. Just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

*DO NOT UPDATE THIS EVER AGAIN*. You have been warned. If you go beyond this patch, I won't be able to help so do not ask.

A thought on software downgrades.

Regarding Software Downgrades in the EU:

In the European Union, consumer rights are protected under various laws. When a software manufacturer downgrades a product, like removing UHD playback from PowerDVD, several factors come into play:

1. End User License Agreement (EULA): The legality often depends on the EULA, which might allow changes or removal of features.
  2. Consumer Rights Directive: The EU's Consumer Rights Directive https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32011L0083 protects against unfair contract terms. Removal of a significant feature could be argued as unfair.
  3. Software as a Service (SaaS): If the software is provided as a service, the provider may have more leeway in altering features.
  4. Misleading Advertising: If specific features were advertised, their removal could be seen as misleading.
  5. Consumer Protection Agencies: National agencies can offer guidance in disputes.
Review the software's EULA and consider contacting a consumer protection agency for more advice.

Regarding Software Downgrades in the USA:

In the United States, the situation is somewhat similar but governed by different laws:

1. EULA: The EULA often includes terms allowing the manufacturer to modify or remove features.
  2. False Advertising and Misrepresentation: If the software was sold with specific capabilities, removing it could be seen as false advertising.
  3. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: If there's a warranty, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/statutes/magnuson-moss-warranty-federal-trade-commission-improvements-act may be relevant.
  4. State Consumer Protection Laws: These vary by state and might offer additional rights.
  5. Federal Trade Commission (FTC): The FTC enforces laws against deceptive practices.
  6. Legal Recourse: Consumers may seek resolution through legal channels.
Contact the software company for a resolution first, and consider legal advice or contacting consumer protection agencies if necessary.

In the European Union, consumer rights are protected under various laws. When a software manufacturer downgrades a product, like removing UHD playback from PowerDVD, several factors come into play:

1. End User License Agreement (EULA): The legality often depends on the EULA, which might allow changes or removal of features.
  2. Consumer Rights Directive: The EU's Consumer Rights Directive https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32011L0083 protects against unfair contract terms. Removal of a significant feature could be argued as unfair.
  3. Software as a Service (SaaS): If the software is provided as a service, the provider may have more leeway in altering features.
  4. Misleading Advertising: If specific features were advertised, their removal could be seen as misleading.
  5. Consumer Protection Agencies: National agencies can offer guidance in disputes.
Review the software's EULA and consider contacting a consumer protection agency for more advice.

In the United States, the situation is somewhat similar but governed by different laws:

1. EULA: The EULA often includes terms allowing the manufacturer to modify or remove features.
  2. False Advertising and Misrepresentation: If the software was sold with specific capabilities, removing it could be seen as false advertising.
  3. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: If there's a warranty, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/statutes/magnuson-moss-warranty-federal-trade-commission-improvements-act may be relevant.
  4. State Consumer Protection Laws: These vary by state and might offer additional rights.
  5. Federal Trade Commission (FTC): The FTC enforces laws against deceptive practices.
Contact the software company for a resolution first, and consider legal advice or contacting consumer protection agencies if necessary.
this is what I have warned against here on the forum several times, the problem of subscription to cloud services and other nonsense, by the way, the company UBISOFT also started doing this, turning off people's games that they bought with their own money, the same thing is now happening with the POWERDVD tip software

the only thing that can still be owned are movies on home media, but when I see what powerDVD did, windows can easily do it and that's it, it can remove the driver for reading BLU-RAY DVDs and that's it

Back