• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 22 Ultra Release Date Jan. 22, 2024 Build Number 3526 patch

Back to Cyberlink....if they lost their license with the AACS LA then it's POSSIBLE they were forced to remove the filters required to play UHD structures. BUT....they can play blu-ray so that argument wouldn't hold a lot of weight with me when it comes to unprotected discs. Totally get why they removed protected playback for UHD. But unprotected ISO, folder, or disc playback? Even if they lost their license, I can't imagine they'd be compelled to remove support. This is a slimy deal on their end especially in their marketing on this. And it royally pisses me off. That's why I readded UHD support to their latest PowerDVD22 patch. I'm unamused.
Yep, they're reaping what they're sowing.

Just like when they removed DVD-HD, 3D Blu-ray playback, and now, 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder playback, on top of adding Cinavia years ago. They say that they're the best in video playback, but then remove stuff that made them the go-to product for DVD-HD/Blu-ray playback with their petty nonsense over the years.

if what is said here is true, then I absolutely do not understand CYBERLINK's step, it would not make sense, I wanted to ask them about it, I cannot find their e-mail contact, I cannot call them, I do not speak English well, their step of ending support for UHD discs would, according to what you say didn't make sense
Please try this Monday:

They should have people that speak at least one of the other European languages, hopefully it's one that you speak, I'm hoping for you that you're multi-lingual.

if what is said here is true, then I absolutely do not understand CYBERLINK's step, it would not make sense, I wanted to ask them about it, I cannot find their e-mail contact, I cannot call them, I do not speak English well, their step of ending support for UHD discs would, according to what you say didn't make sense

They weren't given a choice on that part. Intel, which made SGX, deprecated the technology. Without SGX support, Cyberlink was unable to provide security that their license terms with the AACS LA requires. So dropping official protected playback I fully understand. Don't love it, but that was NOT a Cyberlink decision. It was an Intel decision.

Yep, they're reaping what they're sowing.

Just like when they removed DVD-HD, 3D Blu-ray playback, and now, 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder playback, on top of adding Cinavia years ago. They say that they're the best in video playback, but then remove stuff that made them the go-to product for DVD-HD/Blu-ray playback with their petty nonsense over the years.

Well, again, they're also subjected to the whims of their license agreements. Still, I feel they could have handled this better.

They should have people that speak at least one of the other European languages, hopefully it's one that you speak, I'm hoping for you that you're multi-lingual.

One of the absolutely amazing new features of the Samsung S24 Ultra is the "universal translator" function built into the phone app now. It'll real time translate conversations. It'll also work in their messaging app.

One of the absolutely amazing new features of the Samsung S24 Ultra is the "universal translator" function built into the phone app now. It'll real time translate conversations. It'll also work in their messaging app.
I hope that @Lukas has something like that, or something similar so that he can get the help he needs.

unfortunately I will disappoint you both gentlemen @SamuriHL @whatever_gong82 this class of phone is far beyond my financial means I currently have a GALAXY S8, I admit I thought a lot about the GALAXY S24 ULTRA but it costs a lot of money so then unfortunately and the package for my language will arrive later anyway

unfortunately I will disappoint you both gentlemen @SamuriHL @whatever_gong82 this class of phone is far beyond my financial means I currently have a GALAXY S8, I admit I thought a lot about the GALAXY S24 ULTRA but it costs a lot of money so then unfortunately and the package for my language will arrive later anyway
Sorry about that bad news, @Lukas.

Hopefully, there will be another method somehow, somewhere to get you some help.

I never thought the PowerDVD program was great but it's the best of all the movie playing software I've used. It's been good enough. I don't understand removing capability to play unprotected ISO's and folders either. It is what it is. Cyberlink is clearly moving on and so will I.

I never thought the PowerDVD program was great but it's the best of all the movie playing software I've used. It's been good enough. I don't understand removing capability to play unprotected ISO's and folders either. It is what it is. Cyberlink is clearly moving on and so will I.
If you have PowerDVD 22 Ultra, you can still have 4K UHD Blu-ray playback for 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs.

You simply turn off your settings in PowerDVD so that you don't accidentally download the patch that removes 4K UHD Blu-ray playback.

Please check out this link that I posted in another thread:

You do that, you'll never worry about losing 4K UHD Blu-ray playback with PowerDVD 22 Ultra.

Perhaps a firewall rule to block it would be a good idea. You never know when it might decide to reset, or simply ignore that setting and auto-update anyway.

Sorry about that bad news, @Lukas.

Hopefully, there will be another method somehow, somewhere to get you some help.
if you would like, try to find an e-mail contact for Cyberlink and send it to me in a PM or here, thank you, I would try to write to them, I don't have a registration with Cyberlink

if you would like, try to find an e-mail contact for Cyberlink and send it to me in a PM or here, thank you, I would try to write to them, I don't have a registration with Cyberlink
Try this:

That's the very best I got right now.

Try this:

That's the very best I got right now.
thank you, I found that too and I couldn't find any reasonable contact for customers there, maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I'd say they have it pretty confusing

I've been looking for some software substitutes for POWERDVD and I'll tell you it's bad, nothing real, VLC often has a problem playing DVDs including menus, let alone UHD BLU-RAY, as for the commercial market, I haven't found much, it's a misery with a need in this area over Cyberlink's decision so I just shake my head in disbelief

I've been looking for some software substitutes for POWERDVD and I'll tell you it's bad, nothing real, VLC often has a problem playing DVDs including menus, let alone UHD BLU-RAY, as for the commercial market, I haven't found much, it's a misery with a need in this area over Cyberlink's decision so I just shake my head in disbelief
Do you have PowerDVD 22 Ultra on your machine?

If you do, don't update past the September patch. If you have applied the recent patch that removes 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV support, there is a way to get your machine back to what it was prior to the latest patch, so that you can still play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs without issue.

Please let me know and PM (Private Message) me and I'll give you the lowdown.

Do you have PowerDVD 22 Ultra on your machine?

If you do, don't update past the September patch. If you have applied the recent patch that removes 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV support, there is a way to get your machine back to what it was prior to the latest patch, so that you can still play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs without issue.

Please let me know and PM (Private Message) me and I'll give you the lowdown.
I have powerDVD 20 ULTRA it is not installed at the moment because I should switch to a new machine during this year if everything goes well I was thinking about buying POWERDVD 22 with the idea that I would have the latest version that supports everything before they released the ugly update would it be possible to send me the installer with instructions how to install it? I heard that MICROSOFT turned off certificates in the Pwer DVD 22 installer before the patch that disables UHD

I have powerDVD 20 ULTRA it is not installed at the moment because I should switch to a new machine during this year if everything goes well I was thinking about buying POWERDVD 22 with the idea that I would have the latest version that supports everything before they released the ugly update would it be possible to send me the installer with instructions how to install it? I heard that MICROSOFT turned off certificates in the Pwer DVD 22 installer before the patch that disables UHD
Ignore what Microsoft did.

Please go ahead and purchase PowerDVD 22 Ultra off the Amazon website before they disappear from the website (Even if you have to get it from the US).

I found a way to install PowerDVD 22 Ultra even with the Microsoft certificate issue, and I got my laptop to work-- even after I accidentally installed the 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV removal.

PM me and I'll tell you how.

Back