• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question "Open output folder in Explorer..." opens the wrong folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

February29

When I click "open output folder in Explorer," AnyStream opens the wrong folder.

Could it be related to this thread?

No, that thread is where cartman is trying to help someone with a different issue.

@cartman0208

What would be nice is if there were a way to open the folders from the completed download queue. "Completed. (icon to open folder)"

Let me guess ...
you would like to have Windows Explorer open at "C:\users\<username>\Desktop\AnystreamDownloads\movies\<provider>\" in case of a downloaded movie and "C:\users\<username>\Desktop\AnystreamDownloads\TV\<show name>\Season XX\" in case of downloaded TV episodes, right?
Instead just "C:\users\<username>\Desktop\AnystreamDownloads" is opened?

Unfortunately that is currently the status quo.
I'm no dev so I can only guess that this is some leftover behaviour from a time when naming templates didn't exist.

Yes and no ... the output folder is the one next to the "Browse" button.
...even though you alter the target file locations with naming templates.

Why not do it like many other users and get one of those handy library applications (I use Plex) and don't care about file locations

handy library applications (I use Plex)

I download a variety of content, including YT videos. Plex seems overly burdensome for YT videos, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Measuring "easy" from "hard" is about skill and knowledge, so maybe you know of an easy way to use Plex with YT?

There is no easy way with YT videos ... all Meta information is gathered from online databases (TMDB, TheTVDB and such), which I doubt are maintaining youtube videos...

I've found that just using the folder structure works well for my use case, but that "open output folder in Explorer" does not.

Maybe one day there will be an improvement in this area. Until then, we can agree that the actual output folder is opened only if no subfolder is used.

"Open output folder in Explorer" is imprecisely named. It should be "Open root output folder in Explorer" or "Open base output folder in Explorer" instead.

Currently there is only one root/base folder that can be set.

What you want is subfolders for each template. Sounds like some advanced users would appreciate this. Likely won't happen until DRM issues and other things are solved.

"Open output folder in Explorer" is imprecisely named.

@Shadow Lord requested, "What I am asking is if I can use anystream as a UI allowing me to also playback the content either by automatically calling a second program or playing it directly."

I suggested it would be nice if AnyStream would open the output folder. Sure a direct "open file" button would be nice, but opening the output folder would be nice too.

cartman pointed to the "open output folder in Explorer," and I've been trying to point out that does not work as suggested. Some people might consider the root folder to be a feature.

I mean, sure, there might be more important things, but hopefully we can agree on how AnyStream functions, for better or worse.

I guess I am old school MS-DOS...

I changed the location of AS downloads to my secondary data HD. My C:\ boot drive is an SSD, I install most games and program that don't need speed onto D:\

AS download location.jpg

At the D:\ root I has a shortcut for going to my AS folder. Within that download folder I have other folders for categorizing and storing my AS downloads. Movies, TV Series, Documentaries, youtube downloads.

It makes it easy (for me) to then catalog my AS downloads into EMDB.

YMMV.

I do daily backups of my boot partition, storing downloaded video files and programs that get even semi-frequent updates bloats up my backup files more than I care to see.

@George++ I note that you don't use subfolders, so this discussion is not applicable to you, as suggested in my message #13 above.

I don't rely on software to do my subfolders

What I meant was since you don't have any subfolders in the templates, the "open output folder in Explorer" should work as expected for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back