• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AS opens generic folder location after DL completes

rjcpdxstore

When I finish a download of a video by file manager opens to a generic folder C:\Users\<user name>\Videos\AnyStream. This is not the folder where the video was downloaded onto and I do not have AnyStream set to open the file location after download. Anyone know why this folder opens? AnyStream has been doing this for about a month now and opens the file manager on all services I download from.

I'm attaching log file.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    263.2 KB · Views: 3
Please enable all hidden messages again.
1712991698868.png
If a download then finishes and the popup shows up, you mark the checkbox and klick OK
1712991792020.png

If that does not work, please uninstall Anystream and install from scratch

Would the update fix it?

I followed your above directions and uninstalled AS and reinstalled the newest AS. I did not notice this before but in the installation it has you input a DL location, I used one of my TV DL locations and then tried to download once again. It still just opens the the original location I placed while installing AS and not the folder I actually DL into. The directory continues to open rather I have the flag set to prompt to open the directory or if it's cleared the directory just opens after every DL.

Thanks for the help

Attaching the latest log file, hopefully it will help.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.7.0.astlog
    964.1 KB · Views: 0
So what is your actual request?
Do you want the Explorer to open
If not, please follow the instructions posted above.
If you want the folders to open, please follow this topic:

I hope that clarifies your options.

No I do not want the folder to open and I have followed all the instructions above. I have completely uninstalled AS setup all of my DL directories left on the open folder after DL completes. After DL once again it opened the directory that I specified where files are to be downloaded even though it was not the directory I chose in settings file see the screen shot. After doing that I clicked off the open directory after DL yet the same folder opens even when I selected do not open. It seems to me that AS is hard coded to open the directory after DL. This has only been happening for the past month (give or take) and I not sure which version it started with. I wondering if other user have the same issue or if I'm just the lucky one. It's not a big deal to close it but I thought you might want to see if something is in the code causing this now. So anyway I would just like it not to open any file managers after the DL as I select the download folder based on if the show is a movie or a TV show, after that I decide on which of the 4 hard drives I want the file to download to.

Thanks for hearing me out. Like I said it is not a big deal to close the window and at least now it will open the correct location sometimes.

Downloads options.png

That's very curious ... in my tests I was able to reproduce it, so I thought

After re-enabling all hidden messages as per instructions in my first post... if you see the following window, and checked the "don't show again" checkbox, you must not click on the "open output folder" button. If you do, AnyStream recognizes that as your prefererd option to use in the future.
Just klick OK after enabling the checkbox.
1713174473017.png

After that no more explorers are opened ... at least in my tests.

I'm going to point out that @rjcpdxstore has selected two different drives in the templates. Drive L for movies and Drive K for TV. This is not something I have attempted. Also it's a bit confusing to have "Downloaded media is saved to" being one drive and the TV template requesting a different drive.

Maybe someone on the RedFox development team can say where the "open directory" settings are stored, or provide some other insight. The settings might be in the Windows Registry.

Last edited:
That's quite easy, the settings are stored in the registry
Code:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media

"MediaFolder" is what you are looking for

One could suggest to open the Explorer at the "ShowTemplate" or MovieTemplate" location, BUT...
since you can enter virtually any data into the template, valid or not, that could result in error messages that can be hard to troubleshoot.

To prevent that, "MediaFolder" is the location to open with Explorer.

I did not find a setting to disable the Explorer Opening, so resetting the hidden messages is the way to go.

That's quite easy, the settings are stored in the registry
Code:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media
"MediaFolder" is what you are looking for
One could suggest to open the Explorer at the "ShowTemplate" or MovieTemplate" location, BUT...
since you can enter virtually any data into the template, valid or not, that could result in error messages that can be hard to troubleshoot.
To prevent that, "MediaFolder" is the location to open with Explorer.
I did not find a setting to disable the Explorer Opening, so resetting the hidden messages is the way to go.

Back