• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection database

Fred256

What does this actually mean? The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

Does it mean after May 31 my Anydvd HD 7695 will stop working ? It seems to suggest that but what is the OPD and do I use it? What if my computer is not on line ?

BTW No issues getting a new lifetime licence and intend to do so.

It means exactly what the second part states it means. After that date, anydvd may no longer be able to connect to the OPD (the online database that contains the main decryption information for blu-ray) and have problems decrypting new discs. 7695 will continue to work fine after that date for up to 150.000 discs, but it may no longer work with new ones.

Thanks for letting me know, didn't realise you had to be on line to use it. I've never decrypted any Blu Rays, (just thought I might someday).

That's why it's called the ONLINE database ;-) for DVD's it only speeds up decryption, usually it's anydvd itself that needs an update for new discs. Blu-ray is a different matter.

It's quite reasonable to require a new RedFox licence to access the latest OPD for new release titles; what many of us still hope for is either a downloadable legacy OPD (version prior to Slysoft closing) or if that's not technically possible perhaps an online service for those with defunct Slysoft lifetime licences to access indefinitely for older blu-ray titles (mainly BD+ types) that trigger a request to access the OPD.

I know this has been asked in other Threads but do we know if there'll be such an option?

i have a license for 6 months bought in februray,it works on some disks i was doing,i dunno if this is this a 'new disk' it was relased 30th may' any ideas if this? needs to connect to the new online datebase?-below is paste of what it says-or is the online db offline ?

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5, BDPHash.bin 16-03-25)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.03 N0A09A0K99F63B1151
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22936128 sectors (44797 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: MACBETH
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 58
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 404!
Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Jon Jones - I'd say any blu-ray released after Slysoft closed (Feb 2016) that needs OPD access now needs a RedFox licence (since June 1st). It's older blu-ray titles that for whatever reason need OPD help I'm querying.

@jon jones
online db now only with new version of AnyDVD HD 8.?.?.? and you need a redfox licence
by AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5 finish the online db support 05.31.2016 (AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5 was the last version for slysoft licence user)

i have a license for 6 months bought in februray,it works on some disks i was doing

If you brought in February of this year then you are eligible for a free 1 year RedFox license (or 50% off one, whichever you prefer)
You might as well email RedFox support and claim it :)

whats the email to contact them? ive msg wanna the staff-i cant find it anywere that they do honour,if you bought not long before it went down

Last edited:
thanks,i didnt mean too,just didnt no there was a place to post regarding this until after i had posted :)

thanks guys-if an op could please lock this discussion now,as i have my answers :)

The thread below will also give some information regarding what Redfox support needs to process your claim for the 50% LTL, or 1 Year Free License.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/unlucky-slysoft-purchasers-50-discount-free-1y-license.69438/
Thanks for posting that link for him. I have something saved to my "clipboard" that I don't wanna lose until I can get it saved the way I want so I couldn't. Again @jon jones please be patient after you've contacted support they are extremely busy and WILL get back to you as soon as possible.

thanks,i didnt mean too,just didnt no there was a place to post regarding this until after i had posted :)
You can always just EDIT your previous posts. If you have any questions please feel free to ask the mod's @RedFox 1 , @Ch3vr0n , or a well known member. I'm sure they would be glad to help.

Back