• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVGTS.SYS BSOD with 6.4.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So perhaps his key got blacklisted? If he has a legit key he needs to contact Customer Support.

-W

Blacklisting doesn't cause BSODs, but cracks might (of course, you'd also have the accept the BSOD claim at face value).

1. James also just got through stating there's essentially no difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5
2. The OP claims 6.4.8.4 worked

So, draw your own conclusions as to why someone would need 6.4.8.4 instead.

Last edited:
I would like to thank all the folks whom attempted to assist me with my 6.4.8.5 issue. Due to rise in MCP temp from reboots, I have decided to wait for the next hopefully stable update from slysoft. Now reverted back to 6.4.7.9 for now. Wish I saved 6.4.8.4, For now on I will save updates on my slave.

I would like to thank all the folks whom attempted to assist me with my 6.4.8.5 issue. Due to rise in MCP temp from reboots, I have decided to wait for the next hopefully stable update from slysoft. Now reverted back to 6.4.7.9 for now. Wish I saved 6.4.8.4, For now on I will save updates on my slave.

Did you contact Slysoft Support as I suggested?

Edit: This is the second day of release and you are still the only person reporting a problem. It really is in your best interest to contact Slysoft Support.

Last edited:

6.4.8.5 is as stable as they come. We note you're the only user having this issue. James said the only changes from 6.4.8.4 to 6.4.8.5 were adding blacklisted keys and blocking some crack hacks. So I guess your unique problem could be something to do with where you got your software??

If your MCP is rising to unacceptable temps just from re-boots, I submit your system has other more serious issues to begin with. I note that using DVDShrink to compress a ripped DVD is about as taxing as you can get on a PC - And I only go up 8 degrees doing that.

-W

Last edited:
James said the only changes from 6.4.8.4 to 6.4.8.5 were adding blacklisted keys and blocking some crack hacks.

James just said the drivers were identical between versions (nothing about blacklisting, but that's pretty obvious and happens with many major official releases). There really is basically nothing different between those versions of Anydvd.

If I remove my cynicism, then the only other thing that's left is a potentially unstable overclock and/or overheating system.

If your MCP is rising to unacceptable temps just from re-boots, I submit your system has other more serious issues to begin with.

Yes

Last edited:
In regards to cracks and hacks. I bought this key from slysoft. MCP temp is now 107.6F, with constant reboots it will go up to 137F acceptable temp but high for me. with reboots the MCP is being used for media and graphics and it's being used by Win for the initialization of system. Why stress it If I don't need to. As far as overclocking this system hasn't been overclocked YET. As you might know this Mobo (EVGA 790i) is able to overclock without and Thermal issues. I have been able to run 6.4.8.4 without any problems.
I think it's interesting that everybody wants to blame the system, drivers and other factors when it works faultless with lower .8.4 versions. It could possibly be a code issue with 6.4.8.5 and paging of memory, which nobody considered.
I have stressed the system with Crysis and Crysis benchmark without any MCP or performance issues. Which is what program this system was built for.
It also appears that nobody that responded per-say wrote the code, and really know whats in the code. There has been a change with the code that doesn't work on my system with ligit copy of Anydvd. and key. Like I said " I will wait for the next update to become available"
I will run 6.4.7.9 until, which is stable on my system. If you have 6.4.8.4.
you can upload it to the reply,l and I will run that until.

Thx for your time and effort
Vpr
P.S. this reminds me of when my first Mobo failed (LOCK-UPS), EVGA wanted to blame everything but the Mobo, drivers, cables whatever they could think of except the Mobo until I told them why not blame the mouse for the issues, they got the messege, and sent a Build 3 board that worked faultless.
REMEMBER ALWAYS LOOK AT THE LOWEST COMMON DOMINATOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
MCP temp is now 107.6F, with constant reboots it will go up to 137F acceptable temp but high for me. with reboots the MCP is being used for media and graphics and it's being used by Win for the initialization of system.

If rebooting causes system temps to shoot up (and I run an overclocked intel quad core at 4ghz at times), I would be frightened to install anything, much less, even turn my system on.

I think it's interesting that everybody wants to blame the system, drivers and other factors when it works faultless with lower .8.4 versions.

I think it's interesting that you need 6.4.8.4, that there's no difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5 other than what amounts to blacklisting, and that you're the only one having this problem.

It also appears that nobody that responded per-say wrote the code

No. James did write the code, and knows exactly what's in it. There's no difference in the driver at all.

REMEMBER ALWAYS LOOK AT THE LOWEST COMMON DOMINATOR.

Yes, no one except you is having this problem.

Last edited:
It also appears that nobody that responded per-say wrote the code, and really know whats in the code. There has been a change with the code that doesn't work on my system with ligit copy of Anydvd.

James is a developer. James knows the code. James did post in the thread.

James above anyone else knows exactly what the differences are between the versions and James has read this thread and responded saying there is no difference in the drivers between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5.

So where does that leave us?

I've told you to contact Slysoft Support multiple times now. I honestly don't know what more to say. If you won't contact them directly then I guess you'll just have to wait and might have the same exact unique problem with 6.4.8.6 and all subsequent versions. It's your choice in the end.

Last edited:
Did James write the code?
Then explain why 6.4.8.4 works well and 6.4.8.5 doesn't, get it?
Something has been changed. This isn't the first time a developer sent out bad code. Remember win XP SP2 first update.

Yes

6.4.8.5 works perfectly fine. You're the one having problems.

Something has been changed.

Blacklisting

Other that that, nice try.

You refuse to do what Frank asks and seem unwilling to troubleshoot, so good luck.

Last edited:
Well if my key has been blacklisted I want my money back from slysoft.
If Blacklisting doesn't crash the system, why bring it up? Illogical.

Yes, I did.

Something has been changed. This isn't the first time slysoft sent out bad code.
That's the thing, apart from the version number, nothing has changed. What BSOD did you get? Was it caused by AnyDVD.sys?

*I* didn't bring it up.
Can you please try AnyDVD 6.4.8.5 again, but this time install it *twice*. Do not reboot between installations.
Does it work now?

The only reason I wanted 6.4.8.4 is because IT WORKED, and that's what I had before the issues with 6.4.8.5
Like I said I will use 6.4.7.9 until.
Banning a user for uploading 6.4.8.4 is overkill, slysoft should have the old version on a library to use if needed.

OK, Installed 6.4.8.5 twice and turned off auto-reboot. Testing now. Here's the logfile from 6.4.8.5

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Hancock.zip
    464.4 KB · Views: 4
Installing 6.4.8.5 twice before reboot has appeared to work. I hope the logfile is helpfull. Continuing test.

Still getting re-boots from 6.4.8.5
Here's the error
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP
0X000000D1 ( 0X0000001A8, 0X000000005 )
NVGTS.SYS - ADDRESS 0XBA6DCF6B BA6DCF6B BASE AT BA6CC00
DATE STAMP 46bb58db

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back