• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVGTS.SYS BSOD with 6.4.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVGTS.SYS

Returning to post #7 in this thread . . .

Webslinger said:
Nvidia based m/bs are well known for sata driver issues: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=110014&postcount=36

Some cause (surprise, surprise) BSODs.

*sigh*

That's the nvidia driver that controls your sata drives/raid array.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=NVGTS.SYS+bsod

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=NVGTS.SYS+bsod+evga+790i

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/04/nvidia-sata-driver-bricks (this one is funny . . . queue anti-Inquirer rants)

Last edited:
Well if my key has been blacklisted I want my money back from slysoft.

If your key was blacklisted because it accidentally got out via a sniffer - Slysoft gives you a new key. If Slysoft feels you mishandled your key or passed it around they wont. But Slysoft never gives refunds.

Anyway... we're all past the key now. Your BSOD is pointing straight to your Nvidia divers. Follow up the link provided - fixes are there.

-W

If your key was blacklisted because it accidentally got out via a sniffer - Slysoft gives you a new key. If Slysoft feels you mishandled your key or passed it around they wont. But Slysoft never gives refunds.

Anyway... we're all past the key now. Your BSOD is pointing straight to your Nvidia divers. Follow up the link provided - fixes are there.

-W

I didn't install the Media Shield but, I did have to use NVIDIA Raid driver to install windows. That means I need to re=install XP without their RAID driver (F6). What driver should I use.
Also CLAM you didn't provide any links.

XP without F6 driver

I didn't install the Media Shield but, I did have to use NVIDIA Raid driver to install windows. That means I need to re=install XP without their RAID driver (F6). What driver should I use.
Also CLAM you didn't provide any links.

You can install XP without an F6 driver. It won't be RAID. You can only do this with a single drive or drive partitioned configuration. Just boot from the XP Disc with RAID disabled on your Mobo. You can then use your 2nd drive for pagefile & extra storage. RAID0 or "striped" RAID in my opinion has no Major benefits. There is No Redundancy for one. And if you have a drive failure, you will invest a lot of time recovering data & re-formatting/re-building the array. Personally, I use only Nvidia Chipset Mobos. I NEVER install their storage drivers. I use the XP bus drivers instead. It makes for a better, more stable system. Of course, it's YOUR system, so it's YOUR decision. My Opinion is RAID configurations are more trouble than the benefit gained. I hope you get your system staightened out! :agree: Like I said, I ONLY use Nvidia Chipset Mobos. I have never had any trouble or BSODs with AnyDVD.:disagree:

Evidence so far points to Nvidia driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie
My mistake.

So, that rules out the I/O and leaves the NVIDIA drivers.

Appears so! Need that logfile to be certain though.

The board you have uses an Nvidia chipset. If you installed the Nvidia IDE/SATA controller drivers, uninstall them. Re-Boot,then, retry install 6.4.8.5.

Evga has tech support. Contact them. Slysoft is not responsible for hardware and/or flaky Nvidia raid/sata drivers.

Evga forums: http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=40

Call them toll-free: 888.880.EVGA (3842).

http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Thanks Webslinger but EVGA doesn't make the drivers, I hope you read the link you posted:
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/04/nvidia-sata-driver-bricks
NVIDIA knows about the problem and hasn't fixed it yet. Nice kiss-off tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can install XP without an F6 driver. It won't be RAID. You can only do this with a single drive or drive partitioned configuration. Just boot from the XP Disc with RAID disabled on your Mobo. You can then use your 2nd drive for pagefile & extra storage. RAID0 or "striped" RAID in my opinion has no Major benefits. There is No Redundancy for one. And if you have a drive failure, you will invest a lot of time recovering data & re-formatting/re-building the array. Personally, I use only Nvidia Chipset Mobos. I NEVER install their storage drivers. I use the XP bus drivers instead. It makes for a better, more stable system. Of course, it's YOUR system, so it's YOUR decision. My Opinion is RAID configurations are more trouble than the benefit gained. I hope you get your system staightened out! :agree: Like I said, I ONLY use Nvidia Chipset Mobos. I have never had any trouble or BSODs with AnyDVD.:disagree:

Thank you very much Bunny, I'm glad at least you know what's happening and you use NVIDIA chipsets. Your information has been very helpful. As of now this is the last NVIDIA chipset Mobo I am going to use. this 790i has been more trouble than it's worth. Never had these problems with Intel Mobos.

Thanks Webslinger but EVGA doesn't make the drivers

I know they don't. They do however support the products they sell and send feedback to Nvidia.

I hope you read the link you posted:
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/04/nvidia-sata-driver-bricks
NVIDIA knows about the problem and hasn't fixed it yet.

That story is from April. Do you know for sure that Nvidia still hasn't addressed this problem?

By the way, this situation is the entire reason why I avoid Nvidia based motherboards (that, and the fact that EVGA motherboard models 680i onwards often ran even hotter than they should have due to thermal grease being applied too much out the factory on the southbridge and northbridge heatsinks). With Intel x38, x48 chipsets you can get IRQ issues with Raid enabled with an ide controller enabled at the same time on the m/b, but at least there are ways to work around the problem (such as disabling the onboard IDE controller; if you don't have ide drives that's not a problem). I don't know if the x58 also has the same problem (I haven't had the chance to test one yet).

Last edited:
I know they don't. They do however support the products they sell and send feedback to Nvidia.

That story is from April. Do you know that Nvidia still hasn't addressed this problem?

By the way, this situation is the entire reason why I avoid Nvidia based motherboards. With Intel x38, x48 chipsets you can get IRQ issues with Raid enabled with an ide controller enabled at the same time on the m/b, but at least there are ways to work around the problem (such as disabling the onboard IDE controller).
I have been using 9.64 nForce drivers, as of last check that's the most recent. Might just drop the RAID array.

Speed (huge gains)

Then you're paying extra for features that you can't use.

Raid 5?

I know what you mean, I like the speed gains from using RAID0 also. BTW I checked and there is a new driver available 15.23, just downloaded it.
1 Question do you use Media Shield?

I don't know if you can only use specific drivers but according to Guru3D there are nForce v20.08 WHQL for XP & Vista that contain RAID Driver (v10.3.0.42) WHQL. This is listed as supporting nForce 790i SLI and nForce 790i Ultra SLI.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2876998

I take zero responsibility for messing around with the drivers. I'm just noting that they exist.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can only use specific drivers but according to Guru3D there are nForce v20.08 WHQL for XP & Vista that contain RAID Driver (v10.3.0.42) WHQL. This is listed as supporting nForce 790i SLI and nForce 790i Ultra SLI.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2876998

I take zero responsibility for messing around with the drivers. I'm just noting that they exist.

Thanks I will check it out, the last driver I saw on EVGA site was 15.23
Do you install media shield?

Thanks I will check it out, the last driver I saw on EVGA site was 15.23
Do you install media shield?

I don't use NVIDIA-based mobo's [largely due to the driver issues]. I have an ASUS Rampage Formula.

No. I don't use Nvidia based boards because I became furious with a couple of Evga ones awhile back. There were some older Nvidia based boards that I thought were nice, but these newer ones infuriate me. I really wanted to go with Evga because they're pretty good with supporting their products (lifetime warranty), but if the board/drivers don't work, they don't work.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

You may want to familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

Also keep in mind that I do not work for Slysoft, have no obligation to assist you, and in the future, don't have to point out potential sata driver issues to you (refer to post #7 in this thread) nor anything else.

By the way, I generally don't seek assistance from my dentist when my back hurts. Similarly, I wouldn't be bothering Slysoft forums with a Nvidia driver issue. It's Evga's responsibility to act as a front end (since you bought their product) and report issues to Nvidia.

This is some interesting revisionist history from someone who claimed for much of this thread that Anydvd was at fault.

The flawed driver I was refering to was 20.03 nForce driver. If your going to use a Quote use it all.
"The drivers have been pulled of nvidia.com. The ones available for download now are the nforce 15.23 drivers. We were correct that the drivers were flawed."
Secondly If I upgrade a program and it causes issues I go to the place where I got the program "Slysoft" if the lower version works and the new one doesn't, it is apparent that the update is the issue.
Third I have seen other issues with 6.4.8.5 since this thread has started. So it does appear there is an issue. The code caused us to look at drivers when there was no driver issue with 6.4.8.4 which I am now running with no problem. The code exposed an possible driver issue.

If I download an update from slysoft and it causes problems I wouldn't call Microsoft or EVGA for a update I got from slysoft.......which follows your Pretzel Logic.
If you don't work for slysoft then why are you Tripping out. Taking it personally not professionally?
I still maintain there is an Issue with Anydvd but will update my driver to 15.23.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to thank JAMES for the help given. He handled the issue professionally.
Thanks again James

The flawed driver I was refering to was 20.03 nForce driver.

Are you making a distinction between motherboard chipset drivers and raid/sata drivers? That's a rhetorical question.

By the way, I deleted my post because someone thought that you weren't attempting to insult me, but your intent was rather obvious.

Secondly If I upgrade a program and it causes issues I go to the place where I got the program "Slysoft" if the lower version works and the new one doesn't, it is apparent that the update is the issue.

No. Your installation is triggering an inherent issue that already exists on your system.

Third I have seen other issues with 6.4.8.5 since this thread has started.

None of them have anything to do with your problem, and no one except you is getting BSODs.

So it does appear there is an issue. The code caused us to look at drivers

I stated there was a potential issue back in post #7, which you dismissed. If you're using a RAID config, then you're using NVIDIA sata/raid drivers.

The code exposed an possible driver issue

a) It is a driver issue (or potential hardware failure/overheating issue) that has nothing to do with Anydvd
b) You can't have it both ways. Earlier you claim updating proves there's an issue with Anydvd, and now you're stating installing Anydvd "exposed an possible driver issue".
c) James has already stated there's no difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5. If your system is unstable (and Cyrsis is hardly worthy of interest as a stability test by the way; Prime95, Orthos, etc. are . . . but those won't expose sata/raid driver issues) what you may be experiencing is coincidental. Of course, that's if I actually believe what you're writing.

If I download an update from slysoft and it causes problems I wouldn't call Microsoft or EVGA for a update I got from slysoft.......which follows your Pretzel Logic.

You're well aware of what the real problem is now--no matter how much you may deny it.

If you don't work for slysoft then why are your Panties in a Bunch.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6&postcount=1

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

You want to order me around with respect to who I ban (and for what reason), insult me, etc., again, and you will find your account banned. :policeman:

I still maintain there is an Issue with Anydvd

Welcome to my ignore list. I will only be responding further to you in order to moderate. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back