• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"No drives" after installing AnyDVD

Fail

I always use the most current version as there are fixes in there that supports new discs.

I do not believe it is an AnyDVD issue. I think it has something to do with windows 8.1 I have four (4) workstations. All have the most current version. The no drives issue only appeared in this laptop because it fell and the DVD drive was ejected from its seat. Once I re-installed it, it's had it's problems of disconnecting. However, I always resolve it by uninstalling the DVD drives from device manager and re-scan for hardware changes. As I mentioned earlier/above, Exit AnyDVD, and launched it again, and it always finds my dvd drive.

It may have worked on your laptop but it did nothing on my desktop. I beg to disagree with your statement that it's a Windows 8.1 problem and not an AnyDVD issue. I haven't dropped my desktop and two months ago I installed a brand new motherboard & processor. And up until this recent AnyDVD update the program was ripping them out like the great program that it is. I install update --> program quits working. Windows 8.1 shows drives - AnyDVD's new update does not.

That said - I tried an earlier version and it couldn't see my drives either - and after I'd thought that I had removed all traces of AnyDVD from my system. I now know that I was wrong. There are still registry entries on my PC. When I installed the new version after downloading it from the website, and after what I'd though was a good cleansing with Revo Uninstaller Pro - when I started AnyDVD it told me right off that my trial period had expired.

. When I installed the new version after downloading it from the website, and after what I'd though was a good cleansing with Revo Uninstaller Pro - when I started AnyDVD it told me right off that my trial period had expired.

This part right here raises a red flag. "When you install the latest version .. which is 7540, you are stating that your disc drives "are not detected" ... and that your license is expired" ...

Let's back track. Windows 8.1 has a system restore prior to installing version 7540, so you can always revert to that installation. However, it does not resolve your issue, which is after you install 7540, your dvd drives disappear, and your license is expired.

What type of license do you have ?

After installing version 7540, and re-booted, do you see your dvd drives in windows explorer, and device manager ?

During the install, are you installing it as Admin, or run the install as Admin ?

AnyDVD HD cannot see my drives - what can I do to fix this?

This part right here raises a red flag. "When you install the latest version .. which is 7540, you are stating that your disc drives "are not detected" ... and that your license is expired" ...
Let's back track. Windows 8.1 has a system restore prior to installing version 7540, so you can always revert to that installation. However, it does not resolve your issue, which is after you install 7540, your dvd drives disappear, and your license is expired.

Not exactly. It said that my Trial Period was over. During the previous uninstall I had it remove my registration info. Obviously AnyDVD must leave a registry entry so that cheap asses cannot just keep using trial versions to avoid ever paying.

- What type of license do you have ?

I have an AnyDVDHD license good until /2015

- After installing version 7540, and re-booted, do you see your dvd drives in windows explorer, and device manager ?

Yes - Everything is normal about my drives except the fact that AnyDVD HD cannot see them.

- During the install, are you installing it as Admin, or run the install as Admin?

Normal install. You got my curiosity going so I uninstalled 7540 and reinstalled using "Run as Admin" - same result - it says that I have no DVD drives - I have two and both show up in Explorer, in Device Manager and they work fine. I can play the DVD that I'm trying to rip.

It all started when I got a SlySoft pop-up alerting me to go to the site and download the new version. When I tried to rip a DVD to my hard drive it produced a huge pop-up telling me that I had no DVD drives installed. I came here to see what was going on. I uninstalled 7540 because I really did not want to use Rollback Rx to revert to the previous version. According to other comments here they say that is not the way to handle this. I did the install/turn off AV suggestion first. No go. So I uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller which will scour the registry for settings that all programs leave behind after an install. I thought that would remove all traces of 7540 - but when I installed my older version -7350 - it started up after the reboot and told me that my Trial Period had expired.

Now I have uninstalled 7350 with Revo and reinstalled 7540 and I'm hoping that someone smarter than myself can figure this mess out - very soon!

I'm attaching all of the program pop-ups that I've encountered.

PS: I keep trying to create a logfile as requested but nothing happens. Could this be due to the program just having been installed?

Trialexpired.jpgNoDVDdrivesJPG.JPG

Not exactly. It said that my Trial Period was over. During the previous uninstall I had it remove my registration info. Obviously AnyDVD must leave a registry entry so that cheap asses cannot just keep using trial versions to avoid ever paying.

- What type of license do you have ?

I have an AnyDVDHD license good until /2015

- After installing version 7540, and re-booted, do you see your dvd drives in windows explorer, and device manager ?

Yes - Everything is normal about my drives except the fact that AnyDVD HD cannot see them.

- During the install, are you installing it as Admin, or run the install as Admin?

Normal install. You got my curiosity going so I uninstalled 7540 and reinstalled using "Run as Admin" - same result - it says that I have no DVD drives - I have two and both show up in Explorer, in Device Manager and they work fine. I can play the DVD that I'm trying to rip.

It all started when I got a SlySoft pop-up alerting me to go to the site and download the new version. When I tried to rip a DVD to my hard drive it produced a huge pop-up telling me that I had no DVD drives installed. I came here to see what was going on. I uninstalled 7540 because I really did not want to use Rollback Rx to revert to the previous version. According to other comments here they say that is not the way to handle this. I did the install/turn off AV suggestion first. No go. So I uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller which will scour the registry for settings that all programs leave behind after an install. I thought that would remove all traces of 7540 - but when I installed my older version -7350 - it started up after the reboot and told me that my Trial Period had expired.

Now I have uninstalled 7350 with Revo and reinstalled 7540 and I'm hoping that someone smarter than myself can figure this mess out - very soon!

I'm attaching all of the program pop-ups that I've encountered.

PS: I keep trying to create a logfile as requested but nothing happens. Could this be due to the program just having been installed?

View attachment 25650View attachment 25651

OK, this software Revo uninstall remove any trace of AnyDVD including your license keys. After installing AnyDVD or re-installing, you need to use your license keys again to add it.

As for the DVD drives not showing, and without any log file, I cannot give you an idea of what is causing the DVD drives not showing because I have 7540 in all my machines and do not encounter this error. Although some users did experience this scenario, they were resolved by uninstall/re-boot and/or after the reboot, removing and adding the dvd drives. The log file shows what software(s) you have on your machine(s) that could be causing this problem. I do not believe it is a AnyDVD issue.

OK, this software Revo uninstall remove any trace of AnyDVD including your license keys. After installing AnyDVD or re-installing, you need to use your license keys again to add it.

As for the DVD drives not showing, and without any log file, I cannot give you an idea of what is causing the DVD drives not showing because I have 7540 in all my machines and do not encounter this error. Although some users did experience this scenario, they were resolved by uninstall/re-boot and/or after the reboot, removing and adding the dvd drives. The log file shows what software(s) you have on your machine(s) that could be causing this problem. I do not believe it is a AnyDVD issue.

Forget the uninstaller - it's irrelevant. It uses AnyDVD's own uninstaller just like Windows's uninstaller does. It was AnyDVD's uninstaller that asked me whether I wanted to save the registration info or not.

NOW - The very first time this crap started for me I came to this forum and I did the same damn thing that everyone else has been doing in here that you claim worked for everyone but me. I didn't do anything different - I did the "uninstall/re-boot and/or after the reboot, removing and adding the dvd drives" and guess what? It DID NOT WORK. AnyDVD did work before the update - it failed as soon as I tried it again. I see that as a failure of the new version of AnyDVD. AFTER I tried everything in here I tried uninstalling with Revo - which again is irrelevant. I've been using this software since it first came out and it has NEVER failed me like this before. I did NOT change anything with Windows 8.1 from the time I installed the new version and when I tried that so-called fix. I'm sorry that I confused you with unnecessary details.

Forget the uninstaller - it's irrelevant. It uses AnyDVD's own uninstaller just like Windows's uninstaller does. It was AnyDVD's uninstaller that asked me whether I wanted to save the registration info or not.

NOW - The very first time this crap started for me I came to this forum and I did the same damn thing that everyone else has been doing in here that you claim worked for everyone but me. I didn't do anything different - I did the "uninstall/re-boot and/or after the reboot, removing and adding the dvd drives" and guess what? It DID NOT WORK. AnyDVD did work before the update - it failed as soon as I tried it again. I see that as a failure of the new version of AnyDVD. AFTER I tried everything in here I tried uninstalling with Revo - which again is irrelevant. I've been using this software since it first came out and it has NEVER failed me like this before. I did NOT change anything with Windows 8.1 from the time I installed the new version and when I tried that so-called fix. I'm sorry that I confused you with unnecessary details.

I can add this much for you to the equation. Even when uninstalled, AnyDVD leaves behind "something" to show that the trial period has been used up on that PC. I don't know if it's a small hidden text file in an obscure folder, or a buried registry entry in some irrelevent section of the registry or what. But what's important is that little bit of information (used only by AnyDVD to thwart the cheap asses) is the ONLY thing left behind on an uninstall, and is by design unremovable.
But whatever it is (and this is very important) it is has nothing to do with normal operation of any drives. It's only found and used by AnyDVD to thwart repeated trials, period. It's not a factor in the ongoing issue you're having.
What I'm trying to say, is that if you merely install AnyDVD and then perform it's normal uninstall - it's gone for the purposes of your problems and troubleshooting.
Moving forward. There's a chance that your last update to AnyDVD (which required a reboot) might have trigered (via the reboot) some other "problem waiting to happen" in your system. But once you uninstall AnyDVD and / or do a system rollback and then uninstall the older version. That pretty much leaves AnyDVD out of your new current situation. From that point on - any further looking at the (now uninstalled) AnyDVD becomes "target fixation" and will blind you from hunting down the underlying problem.
Does this all make sense to you?

One thing is clear to me. Since you've tried the usual fixes - you have something "unusual" going on. And so far, amongst the thousands that use AnyDVD and this board, you're the only one. So.... You have a unique problem here - or this board would be exploding with "me too!" type posts.

One thing I'm not clear on? AnyDVD aside - can Windows find and use your drives OK?

-W

PS: Not saying you did. But if you've ever so much as tried a "cracked" version of AnyDVD - all bets are off. No telling what those hackers and crackers do to software and what kind of ripple effect it can cause.

Last edited:
PS: I keep trying to create a logfile as requested but nothing happens.

You cannot create a logfile without drives.
For this situation there is the link "AnyDVD System Information" in your Windows Start Menu / Start Screen or whatever it is called On Windows 8.x

EDIT: I assume the problem is caused by some broken 3rd party "security" or "rollback" software. Like those reported in the first post.

Last edited:
no drives after intalling anydvd

You cannot create a logfile without drives.
For this situation there is the link "AnyDVD System Information" in your Windows Start Menu / Start Screen or whatever it is called On Windows 8.x

EDIT: I assume the problem is caused by some broken 3rd party "security" or "rollback" software. Like those reported in the first post.

I have the exact same problem but not necessary the same system. it is hard for me to understand how many of us are having this problem only with 4.7.5.0. I reported this also but indicated I was using windows 10 #9879 which Microsoft is claining it is almost the same as windows 8.1. I regardless im still dead as far as my dvd drives are concerned. I tried to get a anydvd log file and I cant however I believe its me not the software. im 80 years old and a little slow figuring out how to do some things sorry. anyway I would appreciate any help. I have d tried to find a solution but no luck. help?:https://forum.slysoft.com/images/smilies/bang.gifbang:

I have the exact same problem but not necessary the same system. it is hard for me to understand how many of us are having this problem only with 4.7.5.0. I reported this also but indicated I was using windows 10 #9879 which Microsoft is claining it is almost the same as windows 8.1. I regardless im still dead as far as my dvd drives are concerned. I tried to get a anydvd log file and I cant however I believe its me not the software. im 80 years old and a little slow figuring out how to do some things sorry. anyway I would appreciate any help. I have d tried to find a solution but no luck. help?:https://forum.slysoft.com/images/smilies/bang.gifbang:

Bill, I realized you quoted James' regarding the issue. Currently, there are only two of you that has this scenario. The first having software that manipulates installations/uninstallations ... and yours is a beta operating system. So it is also hard for ME to understand that, because I have four machines, Windows 7 64 bit, and three windows 8.1, one 64 bit version. All of these machines have AnyDVD 7540, and CloneDVD 2931. that did not have this experience, only the laptop that was having problems with the DVD to begin with. But since I re-seated the DVD player, it never had the issue. So, here is the bottom line, out of ALL the users of AnyDVD (over a million?) that have this software installed on their machines, there are only two that has this problem. So my question is, what software(s) are installed in the machines that are running in conflict with AnyDVD installation that would cause the DVD drives to not become detected. Are you able to use the DVD's to load/play in Windows ? What software could it be that is preventing AnyDVD to detect the dvd drives ?

At first I though it is a user rights issue. meaning the user of the machine did not have sufficient rights to install anything, or it could be a software that is not allowing anything else to install drivers for AnyDVD to detect the dvd drives. Whatever it may be, it is not the AnyDVD software that is causing this issue, but another software.

This is one of the reasons that it is important to have a Log File to find if there are any software(s), could be an Anti Virus software, that is not allowing AnyDVD to take control of the dvd drives.

Windows can see my drives!

I can add this much for you to the equation. Even when uninstalled, AnyDVD leaves behind "something" to show that the trial period has been used up on that PC. I don't know if it's a small hidden text file in an obscure folder, or a buried registry entry in some irrelevent section of the registry or what. But what's important is that little bit of information (used only by AnyDVD to thwart the cheap asses) is the ONLY thing left behind on an uninstall, and is by design unremovable.
But whatever it is (and this is very important) it is has nothing to do with normal operation of any drives. It's only found and used by AnyDVD to thwart repeated trials, period. It's not a factor in the ongoing issue you're having.
What I'm trying to say, is that if you merely install AnyDVD and then perform it's normal uninstall - it's gone for the purposes of your problems and troubleshooting.
Moving forward. There's a chance that your last update to AnyDVD (which required a reboot) might have trigered (via the reboot) some other "problem waiting to happen" in your system. But once you uninstall AnyDVD and / or do a system rollback and then uninstall the older version. That pretty much leaves AnyDVD out of your new current situation. From that point on - any further looking at the (now uninstalled) AnyDVD becomes "target fixation" and will blind you from hunting down the underlying problem.
Does this all make sense to you?

One thing is clear to me. Since you've tried the usual fixes - you have something "unusual" going on. And so far, amongst the thousands that use AnyDVD and this board, you're the only one. So.... You have a unique problem here - or this board would be exploding with "me too!" type posts.

One thing I'm not clear on? AnyDVD aside - can Windows find and use your drives OK?

-W

PS: Not saying you did. But if you've ever so much as tried a "cracked" version of AnyDVD - all bets are off. No telling what those hackers and crackers do to software and what kind of ripple effect it can cause.

I have never used a cracked version of AnyDVD nor any other software on my machine. I pay for my software. And I don't like what those creeps hide inside them.
I'm using a brand new PC - brand new as in just a month ago I installed a new motherboard & processor and put Windows 8.1 on a new SSD. I put my normal programs on, Vipre Internet Security, and graphics program, Office 2007, Rollback Rx, and other utilities. Everything was working just fine until I did the update. I tried to avoid rolling my system back until I kept getting "opinions" instead of help here. Frustrated I rolled back to the time I had the previous version and it is working just fine. But that isn't what I paid for. I paid for the updates.

My system is working fine - no problems, it has never crashed - not once since I got it up and running - and every program that I have installed I have been using for years. That's what has me stumped. I'm not some careless kid - I'm getting too close to 60. I'm long over being stupid. Well, mostly anyway...kinda...

So I'm now using the version previous to the problem version. It works just fine. So you think that I should uninstall the earlier version - 7520 - and then install the new? Now that makes sense.

Any yes - Windows can see my drives!! It always has been. It's AnyDVD that cannot see them.

I have never used a cracked version of AnyDVD nor any other software on my machine. I pay for my software. And I don't like what those creeps hide inside them.
I'm using a brand new PC - brand new as in just a month ago I installed a new motherboard & processor and put Windows 8.1 on a new SSD. I put my normal programs on, Vipre Internet Security, and graphics program, Office 2007, Rollback Rx, and other utilities. Everything was working just fine until I did the update. I tried to avoid rolling my system back until I kept getting "opinions" instead of help here. Frustrated I rolled back to the time I had the previous version and it is working just fine. But that isn't what I paid for. I paid for the updates.

My system is working fine - no problems, it has never crashed - not once since I got it up and running - and every program that I have installed I have been using for years. That's what has me stumped. I'm not some careless kid - I'm getting too close to 60. I'm long over being stupid. Well, mostly anyway...kinda...

So I'm now using the version previous to the problem version. It works just fine. So you think that I should uninstall the earlier version - 7520 - and then install the new? Now that makes sense.

Any yes - Windows can see my drives!! It always has been. It's AnyDVD that cannot see them.

For now, please try to create an AnyDVD log file from whatever version you have.

The instructions are in this very link, please follow Step 5 in the link.

Hopefully, you'll get everything sorted out.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
darkhours - check your inbox!

darkhours - check your inbox! - see if what I suggest works or not.

OK 1st create a logfile with the working version - use any disk - and attach it per the instructions - this is CRITICAL to get meaningful help.
Then (and only then) - you can try uninstalling the working version and do a clean install of the latest. Report back.
LOGFILE FIRST!!

-W

Why do people always ignore what i say....
A system info log would be a great help.

Having the Same problem

I am having the problem where I do not see the optical drive in anydvd and ontop of that it does not play a dvd, cd or anything in any other program. This just started on the latest 7.5.4.0 upgrade. I have uninstalled and the drive works fine for non anydvd use. I have tried to reinstall and uninstall multiple times and the same result. Attached is a log file, please let me know if anyone has any recommendations.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.4.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    35.6 KB · Views: 8
I am having the problem where I do not see the optical drive in anydvd and ontop of that it does not play a dvd, cd or anything in any other program. This just started on the latest 7.5.4.0 upgrade. I have uninstalled and the drive works fine for non anydvd use. I have tried to reinstall and uninstall multiple times and the same result. Attached is a log file, please let me know if anyone has any recommendations.
Can you please install CloneBD 1.0.2.4 or better? This has an updated ElbyCDIO.dll. Does it work now?

Probably not. The one in CloneBD is newer

WOW! I was totally unaware of the release of CloneBD. (gratz! - finally!)

Should have spammed all the forums about this -it's great news.

-W

Back