• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nflix only first 2 minutes are working fine

florian78

Hi,

so the new version of AS 1.2.8.0 was quite promising...I first thought cool finally full hd is back again.
but only 2 minutes with 1920x1080 are working fine on nflix. After that only voice is available... (at least for the movies total recall, lucy, back to the future I / II / III)

Br, Florian

I am having the same issue, though not with everything. First 4 episodes of Itaewon Class have the issue OP describes where the first 2 minutes are OK but after that the video is messed up (audio is fine). Episodes 5-16 are fine. Attached are my log and a screenshot of what the messed up video looks like.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    81.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Itaewon Class S01E01 - Episode 1.mp4_snapshot_00.02.06_[2021.12.26_14.55.06].jpg
    Itaewon Class S01E01 - Episode 1.mp4_snapshot_00.02.06_[2021.12.26_14.55.06].jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 23
I encountered a similar issue attempting to dl "The Blue Lagoon", log file attached. In my case it generates a 5gb file but no video past the first few minutes.

Attachments

• netflix-The Blue Lagoon.astlog
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
I have the same issue with older movies on Netflix. They may be new to Netflix, but older by release date (1990, 2005, etc.) I get a good 2 minutes and the rest of the movie is just audio with corrupted video. Tried one movie at 2 different resolutions with same result. I was able to get good downloads for new content just released, but they were Netflix originals.

Please download this version, try again with Netflix, and post the log file here.
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.2.8.2_64bit.exe
This version does not fix the Netflix issues above, but the extended new log file allows us to analyze the problem.

There is no need to get hundreds of log files, just a few will help (more will be "information overload")

any drm fixes in that one. Still plenty issues on the amazon side. This is trying to download The Expanse S6E1 for example

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.2.astlog
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Please download this version, try again with Netflix, and post the log file here.
Movie: Anatomie

Symptoms are exactly like OP. First 2 minutes are fine, than video get distorted. Audio stays fine. Also file size seems fine. (And no srt subs were downloaded)

Attachments

107.2 KB · Views: 1
SWAT season 1 does not play past ~2 minutes. Seasons 2-4 play fine.
There is also a weird duplication in the download list. I've tried a file from both and neither gets past the ~2 minutes.

Edit: all "the karate kid" movies fail as well

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    42 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2021-12-27 143757.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-27 143757.png
    356 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Not that I have tested it - but is this 2 minute thing limited to the highest resolution streams? I ask because I have been downloading in 720p and have not experienced any of this.

Just downloaded Total Recall. Plays fine all the way through. All downloads (1920 HD) as of Dec 26 are intact. Hope the intermittent issues others are having get discovered and fixed soon.

Still having the 2 minute problem with the latest version - log file attached. As others have mentioned it doesn't happen all the time, but it's consistent with the same episodes and movies.

Attachments

76.7 KB · Views: 3
Not that I have tested it - but is this 2 minute thing limited to the highest resolution streams? I ask because I have been downloading in 720p and have not experienced any of this.

1080 or 720 for the ones I listed :(

Movie: "Unkown User"
Download via Netflix in Full HD (1080) in English
Download was successful, but video is broken (after 2min. like the others) and subtitles missing.

Audio is still fine. Hope the logs attached will help.

Attachments

661.3 KB · Views: 0
  • netflix-Unknown User.astlog
    661.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Sreenshot.png
    Sreenshot.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
it's kind of interesting that e.g. the movie "Don't Look Up" which is a new Netflix production is working fine in Full HD. Of course the subs were also missing.
So there is a difference there.
For the movie "Back to the future I" it is the same as in the initial post. After ~2mins video is broken only audio is fine.

I have the same 2 minute issue, let me know if more logs are needed. I am watching this thread.

Same with 1.2.8.3 beta? It should fix some Netflix issue (maybe only Japanese Netflix since it was posted there).

worked for me for a while, restarted, no longer works.

Same with 1.2.8.3 beta? It should fix some Netflix issue (maybe only Japanese Netflix since it was posted there).
Thats correct, it was for Japanese program only. If it had any fixes that would benefit the English forum it would have been posted here.

Back