• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newb here - What could I be doing wrong?

Davidday01

So I installed the 32bit ver of AnyStream 1.0.9.0 (using Windows 7 64bit, but it said 32bit was only supported version for Win7). Ran the program, and set the few settings it had... But nothing shows.. Just a top menu. Usually the log ends with "Transmission attempt resulted in error". So I checked this forum, most talked about a VPN which I don't use. One talked about the firewall, so I tried it with it disabled, still nothing. So then I tried the beta 1.0.9.3 .. Same issue. Except at the first I had 2 buttons at the top for Netflix/Disney, disabled Disney (only interested in Netflix), and now no buttons again. Same log status..

What am I missing? Is there something "extra" to make this work?

If I show log messages, this is all it shows:
00:00:00.000 - [Notice] [main window] Start logging at Mon Mar 29 10:23:05 2021 GMT

00:00:00.000 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Netflix

00:00:00.000 - [Debug] [tabs] Starting up Netflix

00:00:00.004 - [Debug] [tabs] Tab changed

00:00:00.004 - [Debug] [tabs] Checking for matching provider...

00:00:00.004 - [Debug] [tabs] Create new panel for Netflix

00:00:00.013 - [Notice] [netflix] Failed to load cache. The user is not logged in.

00:00:00.013 - [Notice] [vendor:netflix] Connecting to Netflix

00:00:00.028 - [Debug] [netflix] Host resolves to: 54.73.148.110

00:00:00.028 - [Debug] [netflix] Host resolves to: 18.200.8.190

00:00:00.028 - [Debug] [netflix] Host resolves to: 54.155.246.232

00:00:00.029 - [Debug] [tabs] New provider widget: Netflix

00:00:00.029 - [Debug] [tabs] Netflix panel loaded.

00:00:00.029 - [Debug] [main window] Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0.2

00:00:00.041 - [Debug] License confirmed.

00:00:00.041 - [Notice] AnyStream version 1.0.9.3

00:00:00.041 - [Debug] [netflix] Transmission attempt resulted in error: Network access is disabled.

00:00:00.041 - [Debug] [netflix] Error data:

00:00:06.961 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Netflix

00:00:06.961 - [Debug] [tabs] Already up

FYI: Attaching log files it created with v1.0.9.0 and v1.0.9.3..

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.3.astlog
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.0.9.0.astlog
    1 KB · Views: 0
Most probably his antivirus is blocking the program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same exact problem I have. Unfortunately the dev couldn't reproduce it on his end. Here's my thread.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/netflix-amazon-wont-load-up.80504/

Well, actually reading your log you posted mines didn't say this:

"00:00:00.041 - [Debug] [netflix] Transmission attempt resulted in error: Network access is disabled."

Hopefully they can figure yours out.

Thanks for the input.. I walked through your thread, and unfortunately didn't see anything that could help here.. I can't get Disney+ in my area (Europe), only Netflix.. I don't use AV (Shock.. I know... No AV, unsafe)... I do a fresh reload every year.. And current Win7 is a fairly fresh reload, with only a few pieces of open source software I use..

Oh and in case someone asks, Netflix works fine in Firefox, my go to browser... And I have Audacity installed and used it in the past to record the audio stream from the browser for other languages (then remux them back into a video file I have)...

Last edited:
Did it work when you use the trial?

Well, I haven't purchased a license, only have tried the trial thus far.. Wanted to ensure it was working before I purchased.. If it works, I'll probably buy, but as it stands right now.. It's not looking like Win7 is good with it..

Thanks for the input.. I walked through your thread, and unfortunately didn't see anything that could help here.. I can't get Disney+ in my area (Europe), only Netflix.. I don't use AV (Shock.. I know... No AV, unsafe)... I do a fresh reload every year.. And current Win7 is a fairly fresh reload, with only a few pieces of open source software I use..

Oh and in case someone asks, Netflix works fine in Firefox, my go to browser... And I have Audacity installed and used it in the past to record the audio stream from the browser for other languages (then remux them back into a video file I have)...

You run Win7 and with no AV? I hope you don't browse the internet from that box. Sorry, I deal with security on a daily basis and I could not live with myself if I did not say something :p

Windows 7 hasn’t been supported operating system for a very long time I think it’s time to upgrade to windows 10 that’s said if you post a log file you have Internet access and if you’re on this forum you have Internet access so let the developers look at your logs

You run Win7 and with no AV? I hope you don't browse the internet from that box. Sorry, I deal with security on a daily basis and I could not live with myself if I did not say something :p

No worry.. I deal with security daily also.. I actually typically use resetting VMs that put everything back to pre-boot after I close the session.. Of course, AnyStream doesn't work in a VM without a license, and I'm not attempting that..

However, I did make a bit of a discovery.. If I enable the "Network List Service", which I consider a useless Microsoft service that I always disable, then the program gets a bit further and looks to try and start the faux-browser, as I see the program flash white and back... So it did something with that enabled.. But not enough to get it working.. Attached is the new log and the new log msgs..

<snip removed - Please don't post debug messages publicly. - Ch3vr0n>

Attachments

• NewLog.astlog
    217.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 7 hasn’t been supported operating system for a very long time I think it’s time to upgrade to windows 10 that’s said if you post a log file you have Internet access and if you’re on this forum you have Internet access so let the developers look at your logsSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I realize Microsoft doesn't support it.. I hate Win10 with a passion.. Actually prefer Linux, but that's another story..

Please just post the zip file for the logs there is no need to post the whole log file on the forum. Zip file is just fine

Please just post the zip file for the logs there is no need to post the whole log file on the forum. Zip file is just fine

Sorry, can you explain what I should n't have done? Did I post the wrong file, or you want it "re-zipped" since the ".astlog" file is in actuality a zip file with a different extension.. Or is it the text log that I posted in my message that was too much?

Sorry, can you explain what I should n't have done? Did I post the wrong file, or you want it "re-zipped" since the ".astlog" file is in actuality a zip file with a different extension.. Or is it the text log that I posted in my message that was too much?
No need for the text. The developers will look at the log file that you posted which is fine and that’s all you needed to do

No worry.. I deal with security daily also.. I actually typically use resetting VMs that put everything back to pre-boot after I close the session.. Of course, AnyStream doesn't work in a VM without a license, and I'm not attempting that..

However, I did make a bit of a discovery.. If I enable the "Network List Service", which I consider a useless Microsoft service that I always disable, then the program gets a bit further and looks to try and start the faux-browser, as I see the program flash white and back... So it did something with that enabled.. But not enough to get it working.. Attached is the new log and the new log msgs..

This might bring up a salient point. Back in the day in Win7 I too used to go through all the services and disable the unneeded junk because at that point Windows would run them all. Win8 and 10 got better with that part of it but Win7 was awful in that regard. With that said, and given what you mentioned, I wonder if there are other services AS is depending on either directly or indirectly that you have disabled manually?

This might bring up a salient point. Back in the day in Win7 I too used to go through all the services and disable the unneeded junk because at that point Windows would run them all. Win8 and 10 got better with that part of it but Win7 was awful in that regard. With that said, and given what you mentioned, I wonder if there are other services AS is depending on either directly or indirectly that you have disabled manually?
I don't even remember the settings on W7 , and I never used 32 bit.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit also and have many services disabled. Whatever I can get away with having disabled is disabled. I keep things running lean and mean. Haven't had a single issue with AnyStream aside from the known issues, those unreleated to one's local computer. Time permitting I can try to break AnyStream under Windows 7. If I have anything interesting to share I can report back.

And as for Windows 7 no longer being supported, to each his own, but I plan to keep driving Windows 7 until the wheels come off. Even when Windows 7 was supported by Microsoft, I never ran Windows updates short of crucial updates that were required in order for certain software applications to install and work properly. I've also never run anything aside from Microsoft Security Essentials. Haven't had a single problem in all these years. My system is so clean you can eat off of it. Everything just works and works well. Not the least bit interested in moving to Windows 10. Appreciate the fact AnyDVD HD and AnyStream work under Windows 7.

Last edited:

Good question... Which is why I turned them all back on to normal. It went that little bit further, so I started turning them back off one by one till I found the ones that affected it.. Turned out to only be that one (or at least that gets it to the reference point above), the rest with it turned on didn't do anything different..

But good point! As for Win10 and useless services... I'll have to silently disagree there... Much more useless junk than Win7, from services to scheduled jobs to telemety data and even Enterprise version can't get rid of much of it...

Back