• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Updates

bobrap

Just wondering if Anydvd HD is supposed to inform about new releases. I have 8.0.2.4 installed and the program shows that I'm running the latest up to date software. But, 8.0.3.0 is available. Thanks.

Just wondering if Anydvd HD is supposed to inform about new releases. I have 8.0.2.4 installed and the program shows that I'm running the latest up to date software. But, 8.0.3.0 is available. Thanks.
Update to 8.0.3.0, have you bought your RedFox license yet?

Afaik update mails arent being sent out yet due to mail server still being under construction. AnyDVD only periodically checks for update. Just because it didn't inform you today doesn't mean it wouldn't tomorrow ;)

OK. thanks. With all the hub-bub, didn't know if updates were going to be by email or from within the program.

AnyDVD never has had updates from "within the program" only update notifications and emails. Updates still have to be downloaded manually.

Welcome to the project.
Why are you all being so rude to us former SlySoft lifetime license owners?

I am thoroughly amazed at how despondent you all are being toward those of us who paid so much to support a great project you inherited and are willing to pay more, but not 80-50% more than we already paid for the lifetime licenses for the code you inherited!

Love your customers and they will love you!

I was being a bit more esoteric about the general tone of all the "SlySoft" posts I had read over the past 15 minutes (not just this one). I myself was a diehard SlySoft supporter and am just now understanding the new guard here, which is employing a decidedly different business model than their predecessors whom they inherited from. That's all good, but I am dismayed by the lack of consideration for us old-timers who would be happy to pay more if we were grandfathered in to some degree.

You guys did a great thing, and I respect that, but for Christ's sake acknowledge that your previous die-hard fans and clients paid good money for a lifetime subscription to a now-defunct company and want to support you.

Why are you all being so rude to us former SlySoft lifetime license owners?

I am thoroughly amazed at how despondent you all are being toward those of us who paid so much to support a great project you inherited and are willing to pay more, but not 80-50% more than we already paid for the lifetime licenses for the code you inherited!

Love your customers and they will love you!
The biggest problem with your statement is, we DO NOT work or get paid by Redfox, we are all customers. We probably have purchased more licenses than you have. We don't like what happened, but understand it, and also know how valuable the software is and like that it is being continued. I would prefer not to pay again (and you don't have to), but over a year's time (or 2, 3, 4+ years), I would blow a lot more money on stuff that I don't use as often.

What most of us don't care for, is people coming here with an accusatory tone, and saying you're being cheated, when that is no where near the truth. You don't like what happened, fine, neither does anyone else, including the developers.

They you need to do a lot more research. The subscription model is exactly the same minus the 4year option, prices are cheaper. And what the initial plans were towards the discount handling for previous customers. You paid slysoft, not redfox. Now, get back on topic. License discussions have their own section. That said, the debating time is long closed.

I was being a bit more esoteric about the general tone of all the "SlySoft" posts I had read over the past 15 minutes (not just this one). I myself was a diehard SlySoft supporter and am just now understanding the new guard here, which is employing a decidedly different business model than their predecessors whom they inherited from. That's all good, but I am dismayed by the lack of consideration for us old-timers who would be happy to pay more if we were grandfathered in to some degree.

You guys did a great thing, and I respect that, but for Christ's sake acknowledge that your previous die-hard fans and clients paid good money for a lifetime subscription to a now-defunct company and want to support you.
They are not our former customers, they were Slysofts and all I did was welcome a new member. Now do you have a question? If you have an issue with my Welcoming thread, tell me about it.

Thread moved to General Chat.
Case and point. If we are all "customers" then I am happy to help us all and contribute to the community, but this "welcome" after we all have paid more than $100 USD is absurd.

I am a developer. Can I contribute to your repo?

Do I need to give more money?

How can I be welcomed into the new "RedFox" community (because this has been pleasant)

Why is it absurd? Anyone claiming that needs to get their head examined. It's just our way of showing gratitude for users that help make redfox and anydvd survive by purchasing a new license. Redfox needs the funding, the project does not have the same access to resources slysoft had. No funds: no development, no development: anydvd effectively dead. Repo's are open source, anydvd is a closed source project. So no, you can't contribute.

Why is it absurd? Anyone claiming that needs to get their head examined. It's just our way of showing gratitude for users that help make redfox and anydvd survive by purchasing a new license. Redfox needs the funding, the project does not have the same access to resources slysoft had. No funds: no development, no development: anydvd effectively dead. Repo's are open source, anydvd is a closed source project. So no, you can't contribute.

OK, thanks again. Adios, RedFox. Was willing to contribute either via code or some form of $$$ but you have stated that is not possible. Thanks for everything.

@apaxi I said no such thing. Repo's are for code. You can't contribute to the CODE, if you want to contribute by some form $$$ then you can do so but purchasing a redfox license like others and continue to use anydvd as well. Visa, bitcoin and MasterCard are accepted.

And PS: Ch3vr0n - I don't think you understand how coding works.

It is obvious that RedFox developers were given the source code that SlySoft engineers had developed over the course of many years (of which many of us paid to use). I am fully supportive of either closed-source of open-source projects, and have actively contributed to both in my career through labor or money.

I am pissed that those of us who contributed money toward SlySoft/RedFox code are not being acknowledged in the form of more than 20% of what we contributed. I am happy to give more to make up for the other 80% you all are now asking in the form of code, but no, I do not want to give another 80% in the form of money for another "lifetime" subscription for what I have already paid for in cash.

Back