• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Netflix MAX Resolution is 960x540???

Yes. Just open the program and log in again. Having a Canadian account has nothing to do with it.
So the same behaviour. 720 on Ozark. Other things 540 max.

I know you just don't believe that I am following directions and that you are frustrated with me. If you'd like to communicate by email I am glad to send a video screen capture and send it to you. Or even give you access to my computer with teamviewer. That way you might believe me.

I know you just don't believe that I am following directions and that you are frustrated with me. If you'd like to communicate by email I am glad to send a video screen capture and send it to you. Or even give you access to my computer with teamviewer. That way you might believe me.
Then that's what it is for you, everyone else gets 1080p. I am sorry I cannot help you.Netflix.jpg

Did you lower the dropdown box? To chose 1080p?

Then that's what it is for you, everyone else gets 1080p. I am sorry I cannot help you.
I see. So even when I offer to _prove_ that it is not working for me, your response is not "yes, then I can pass it on to tech support if you're right". Instead you're saying "too bad, we don't care that our product doesn't work as it should for you".

BTW, yes I click the dropdown, 1080p is not there. BTW I have a Masters in Computer Science and have been a software developer for many years. I am not confused.

I also believe it is extremely unlikely that I am the only person who has this problem. There may be something unusual about my computer's configuration or something, but I am taken aback that I'm being told that support is being refused outright.

Can you upload a logfile please?

I will need the full .astlog uploaded. Do not alter it, please. (rename) Just use the " Attach file" and upload right to a post.

This is the log file. I also include a screen shot showing we do have an HD plan.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0.astlog
    227.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 1.39.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 1.39.18 PM.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 12
Thank you, it will take me about 5 to 10 minutes to see what the issue is.

Have you ever had 1080p with Netflix in AnyStream? Your plan is absolutely the correct one but it may be down for an hour or so. Because your manifest only shows SD, not HD. That said., I think you know how to fix it if you see SD, but this is not an AnyStream issue, it's an NF issue. Of course, you can't call them and say I can't download it in 1080p, so just give it a few hours or try it tomorrow, as I have told you. Nothing personal but we do not issue support via e-mail, there is nothing I can tell you in an e-mail that we can't chat about in the forum, I can't log into your computer either. If others were not getting 1080p in Canada the forum would light up like an Xmas tree. This is either a Netflix issue or your computer issue, but I can't even imagine what in your computer could cause this. I would bet nothing is wrong with your computer. The only thing I can think of is that Netflix in your region is only broadcasting in SD at the moment. Just try doing the little dance I asked you to do again.

1. Open AnyStream. If you are logged in and only see 720p in the dropdown box, log out of Netflix in AnyStream., Close the AnyStream program.
2. Re-open the AnyStream program and log into Netflix again. Your 1080p should be restored.

If you still get 720p, then NF is having issues in your region. Try it again another time. Thank you for the log file.

Have you ever had 1080p with Netflix in AnyStream? Your plan is absolutely the correct one but it may be down for an hour or so. Because your manifest only shows SD, not HD. That said., I think you know how to fix it if you see SD, but this is not an AnyStream issue, it's an NF issue. Of course, you can't call them and say I can't download it in 1080p, so just give it a few hours or try it tomorrow, as I have told you. Nothing personal but we do not issue support via e-mail, there is nothing I can tell you in an e-mail that we can't chat about in the forum, I can't log into your computer either. If others were not getting 1080p in Canada the forum would light up like an Xmas tree. This is either a Netflix issue or your computer issue, but I can't even imagine what in your computer could cause this. I would bet nothing is wrong with your computer. The only thing I can think of is that Netflix in your region is only broadcasting in SD at the moment. Just try doing the little dance I asked you to do again.

1. Open AnyStream. If you are logged in and only see 720p in the dropdown box, log out of Netflix in AnyStream., Close the AnyStream program.
2. Re-open the AnyStream program and log into Netflix again. Your 1080p should be restored.

If you still get 720p, then NF is having issues in your region. Try it again another time. Thank you for the log file.
I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for looking into the log file.

I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for looking into the log file.
When logging in to Netflix via web on other devices the user profiles were all set to high def. However logging in via the browser on this computer, one of the profiles was set to low data usage.
I changed that and saved it on Netflix.
Then did the logout in anystream and restarted any stream, logged in to Netflix… Voila! 1080p!

I hope the following can help someone else and avoid the aggravation.

If you follow the instructions here and it just doesn't solve the problem:

Try opening a browser on the same machine you're running anystream, log in to Netflix via the browser, then go to account settings, then each profile. Make sure each profile's watching preferences are set to highest data use/highest def, Save!.
Then follow directions here.

When logging in to Netflix via web on other devices the user profiles were all set to high def. However logging in via the browser on this computer, one of the profiles was set to low data usage.
I changed that and saved it on Netflix.
Then did the logout in anystream and restarted any stream, logged in to Netflix… Voila! 1080p!

I hope the following can help someone else and avoid the aggravation.

If you follow the instructions here and it just doesn't solve the problem:

Try opening a browser on the same machine you're running anystream, log in to Netflix via the browser, then go to account settings, then each profile. Make sure each profile's watching preferences are set to highest data use/highest def, Save!.
Then follow directions here.
So it was an issue with your computer. Good to know. Thanks. Happy you are up and running. This is marked resolved.

So it was an issue with your computer. Good to know. Thanks. Happy you are up and running. This is marked resolved.
Actually an errant Netflix setting that could only be seen when logging in via browser on the same machine as anystream is running. I presume the settings 'stick' at Netflix based on the device.

Thanks for your help. I'd never have figured out where to look otherwise.

Actually an errant Netflix setting that could only be seen when logging in via browser on the same machine as anystream is running. I presume the settings 'stick' at Netflix based on the device.

Thanks for your help. I'd never have figured out where to look otherwise.
Just good to know that you have it resolved and it is not an AnyStream issue. Thank you for your feedback.(y)

That's a hard one to figure out. (y) Do you remember setting that option yourself?
Any stream in no way has contact with the actual website. So she had to set that herself or Netflix set it for her I think this is a one of a kind situation. Or maybe Netflix started something new to save band with and think nobody’s gonna notice it.

The issue when they created this setting was the pervasive data caps that ISPs started slapping on users. Canada was notorious for low caps thanks to greedy providers like Rogers. A long time ago when this setting was unveiled by Netflix, perhaps a user on the account turned down the resolution after blowing through their allowance. It happened all the time. Canada has some of the most costly internet and lousy service of all OECD countries because they have a convenient duopoly (and idiot regulators are literally greenlighting Canada's largest cableco Rogers buying the second largest - Shaw, leaving just two significant mini-me cable companies - super greedy COGECO and Quebec's Videotron). I expected this idiocy from the Conservative Party, but the Liberals are only too happy to run corrupt governments as well. It's a real disappointment. Don't even ask what Canadians pay for mobile service.

@RedFox 1 same issue, i have an italian standard netflix account made today and i only dowload at 960x540. I follow your instructions and nothing changed, there's my log. Please help me.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0.astlog
    153.2 KB · Views: 0
@RedFox 1 same issue, i have an italian standard netflix account made today and i only dowload at 960x540. I follow your instructions and nothing changed, there's my log. Please help me.
You did read the message marked in red on top of the forum, did you? 🙄

Back